Hello! My fiance and I are almost done with our guest list (that was fun ) and are now discussing what to do for sending save-the-dates. Initially I wanted to send them via email through Paperless Post. It's more economical for us to use the free service and 99% of our guests have email. The other 1% will get a phone call from us to save the date. We will be doing physical invitations later, with online RSVPs (anyone who doesn't have internet/computer access can call us to RSVP).

We were all set with this plan, and then we went to our friend's house over the weekend and in her kitchen it struck me that I really liked seeing the save-the-dates from other weddings on her fridge. Some were magnets, some postcards that were pinned with a magnet. This friend is the kind that typically saves things like that. I usually keep it on the fridge until after the event, or after I get the invite and then recycle it. I will save invitations from past weddings. Being that I hadn't thought to consider what our guests might prefer, now I am torn. We have really been trying to make decisions based on what we want for our wedding and what we can afford, and we could afford to easily get save-the-date postcards printed and sent through the mail.

So - what do you prefer? Keeping in mind these are just save-the-dates and not the actual invitation, is a post card or magnet better than an email?

THANK YOU!