Honestly - I cannot recall a Disney experience that I found more diappointing.

Just returned from a wonderful week at the World. I had read the reviews of BoG, but we were traveling with a 12 year old, so there was no way we were going to be able to skip a meal there. We were scheduled for lunch on Thursday.

Pre-order on MDE App did not work at all. It wouldn't connect, although I had no other connectivity issues using the App in MK at all.

Queue to place order was over 1/2 hour wait. Items on the MDE version of the luncheon menu were not offered. Changes had to be made.

The dining room was like a cattle call. We were a party of 6 and sat at a long table. The dirty dishes left from the guests who departed the table adjacent to ours sat there for most of our meal. The lighting was that dim kind of light which was just "off". It was hard to see if the food presentation was actually appetizing. The food is served on "china" with "silverware", but the silverware stations aren't near the beverage stations, so you have to scurry around in a crazy and LOUD dining room finding the items that you need for your meal, after you have scurried around to find a table to suit your party.

The food was okay. In my opinion, some really puzzling choices for a restaurant that NO ONE is going to for the food.

We ate the got out of there as quickly as possible. I have lingered longer over a much more enjoyable meal at Pecos Bills at mid-day than that meal at BoG. I think the thing that I resented most about the BoG experience is that it was so NOTHING - and because it was in the Beast's Castle, we were not going to be able to get through this trip without an opportunity to get inside and thus the need to have a meal there. I will never ever go back.