Ok, so now I am looking for input on the best way to calculate if it is worth using the dining plan. We used it for the first time on our '13 trip and loved it only because of its ease of use. We didn't need to carry a lot of cash around in the parks or have credit cards with us. And I didn't feel like we were eating all the time, just our QS (lunch) and TS (dinner) each day and then a snack whenever it felt right. What do you do when factoring in the pros and cons of using the plan?

For me, the math never lies....so....I factor in what I think meals will cost me for my family of four. I figure it can run about $35-$50 bucks a day per person if I break it down by breakfast ($5-$10), lunch ($10-$15) and dinner ($20-$25) and that might be conservative because it depends on which restaurants or ADRs that are factored in and doesn't include snacks or buying bottled water, etc. For a family of four that could average $140-$200 a day and over the course of a week the total would equal $980 to $1,400.

When we used the plan in ’13 it cost us $1,052.24 as part of our package for our week's vacation. When we had our dinners we made sure to go "all out" and had the expensive items on the menu which means we actually would have paid more out of pocket for the week than using the plan. For me, it seems the plan is the way to go but I am wondering what other opinions are and if I am overlooking something that would change my mind for our next trip to Disney...

Thanks!