From The Orlando Sentinel:

Could resort fees be coming to Walt Disney World hotels?

Disney has sent out a survey to some visitors about potential $15-per-night fees that would cover Disney Magical Express, MagicBands, priority Fast Pass resort planning, Extra Magic Hours, parking and Wi-Fi.

Disney spokeswoman Andrea Finger said in a prepared statement that "we constantly seek guest feedback on a variety of topics to evaluate our services and offerings."

Resort fees have become increasingly common at hotels. They are paid in addition to the basic room price and traditionally cover additional hotel amenities such as Wi-Fi, on-site gyms, newspapers or parking.

Still, Disney fans who took the survey didn't like what they saw.

"I am greatly turned off by this new survey and the nickel and diming direction that Disney seems to be heading in," said Cathy Beeson of Indiana in an email. "I have always justified paying more to stay onsite for these exact amenities that Disney is now listing as included in a possible resort fee. Although at that price point, $15 isn't a whole lot in the grand scheme of things and it is still cheaper than arranging private transfers from the airport to the resort etc, it definitely leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It comes across as being greedy when the cost per night is already so much higher than off site."

Chantel Bitter of Louisiana said benefits of staying on property are already worked into the room rates, she said.
"To so blatantly say, "$15 bucks a night for your magicband usage and extra magic hours"??" she said in an email. "They're stepping out there with that."