We just got back from the Yacht Club. We loved it, but our room was on the 4th floor. I had requested a lower level/ ground floor room due to my BPPV- vertigo. Mine is triggered by riding in elevators- it's been over a week, and I am still suffering vertigo spells. When we checked in, I specifically told the CM that I have vertigo and needed a lower level room. If it was just me, I would have taken the stairs every time- but I have 2 little kids and a stroller. Its a little ridiculous to expect me to take my kids and stroller up 4 flights of stairs multiple times a day.

We had a standard view room- and I didn't know this before booking, but apparently all of the standard view rooms are up higher. I realize that alot of people are looking for free upgrades, but I have a legit medical condition (I had to go to the Dr. last year after our stay and elevators again...she gave me medicine for it). The CM was just like "sorry" and didn't really make an effort to help me out.

At the time, I didn't really know how to respond or handle it. What would you have done? Should I have asked for a manager? I didn't have any specific documentation from a dr, and I really wasn't in the mood to argue with someone over it, but since we've been home, I really feel like my request should have at least been honored for medical reasons...I guess WDW has so many people trying to take advantage that unless its specifically documented, they can't honor it. And I know requests are not guaranteed to be honored. But still!

Anything I should do now after the fact- would you contact Guest Services or report the issue? I'm not looking for a handout, but it really put quite a damper on the trip, and return home!