I am going to fly into Orlando a day earlier than my friend gets there. I can't decide where I should stay for that one night. He and I are staying at AKL when he gets there.

Pop Century is my favorite resort, so I initially thought I would stay there. Staying at all of the resorts is on my bucket list though.

I always go to Downtown Disney for my first night there.

Pros and Cons

Pop Century is my favorite, but I haven't stayed at any of the other values yet. A value would be the cheapest option for just one night.

Port Orleans French Quarter freaks me out with the giant face masks in the dining area. (Don't laugh too hard.) I was thinking one night there wouldn't be too bad, and then I could cross it off of my list. Plus, I wanted to show my friend the cooking station at Riverside where they make your food to order and the fire flares up in the pan. We could walk over and do that before I move to AKL if he gets there early enough.

I could splurge and do a really expensive deluxe, since it is just me. The Grand Floridian isn't really my style, but as I said previously, it is just one night and then it is crossed off the list. There's also yacht or beach club. I could spend the evening on the Boardwalk after I am done at Downtown Disney. Downside, that's a lot of money for just one person for one night.

Give me your opinions!