Those folks who listen to the podcast know that I truly love Disney's Vero Beach Resort (VB). I often refer to it as a cruise on land. We just returned from 5 days at VB & my feelings about this vacation destination only grew deeper.

We have gone to VB about twice a year for the last 4 years, usually in May and August. Every time we go back, we see the same friendly cast members who smile and greet us by name.
Janine at the front desk has gone so far as to remember our "favorite room" 2224 and has successfully placed us there the last 4-5 trips, including this one!

Carl in the gift shop enjoys trading pins with my daughter. He shows us pictures of his recent wdw trips, and shares wonderful stories about his lovely wife and his experience singing in the candlelight processional.

Paolo in the Green Cabin Room is a wonderful bartender who truly enjoys visiting with the guests, and takes great care to handcraft each cocktail to their liking.

Tino at the cabana rental stand on the beach is such a nice young man- always remembers us, sets up our stand with a smile, and asks if we need anything else to be more comfortable. And he will literally jump at the chance to do that for every one of his guests. Just this weekend I saw him jump over the boardwalk railing to help a woman having trouble pushing her child in an all terrain wheelchair up the beach.

There are so many more great experiences with the exceptional cast at this resort, I could go on for days! Every face is smiling, every greeting is warm, every concern is to provide the best experience for all the guests.

The activities at VB are good old fashion fun! A very low key relaxing vacation! Family bingo, campfires, bicycle rentals, putt putt, nature walks etc.
Child activities include arts and craft times, dinner and games (so mom and dad can enjoy some quiet time) and pool games.
There are even teen activities including capture the flag, archery, and flag football.

Dining options at VB are sure to please everyone in the family. Bleachers is the quick service at the pool where you can find anything as simple as a hot dog or hamburger or as special as crab cakes, fish tacos, or the AMAZING pail of boiled shrimp, a favorite of ours! They also have a full bar with fun "drinks of the day."

Shutters offers a sit down experience with fresh seafood and many other itsms special to Florida. They offer Goofy's beachside character breakfast on Saturdays and
a fantastic brunch on Sunday mornings with more food than I have ever seen in a buffet! And mimosas and bloody Mary's are included!

Sonya's is an upscale award wining dining experience with steaks and seafood delicacies that is wonderful for special events or a romantic evening.

The Green Cabin Room is a lounge on the second floor with a lovely menu of burgers, club sandwich, nachos, meat and cheese platters, and the like. The gorgeous inside lounge bodes deep rich woods and a nautical theme while their outdoor seating balcony overlooks breathtaking views of the ocean.

Tables in Wonderland is accepted at every location!
Wdw Annual passholders can enjoy a discount on merchandise in the gift shop as well. VB merchandise as well as wdw souvenirs and Dvc items can be found in the Island Grove Packing Company general store.

From the moment you arrive at VB you are struck by the subtle Disney theming mixed perfectly with Floroda citrus, sea turtles, and east coast charm of days gone by.

I cannot say enough about this fantastic resort. If you're looking for impeccable service, wholesome family fun, breathtaking ocean views, and the chance to truly relax, you should look into a stay at Disney's Vero Beach Resort. Located less than 2 hours from WDW, you could combine your next trip and hand the best of both worlds.