Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
Just noting that FastPass has been in existence only since 1999, not 40+ years. The current system is 14 years old. But I think they are investing too much $$$ in this new FP+ system not to get some return out of it. Maybe they won't charge for just using the basic FP+ system, but I'll bet we see a significant increase in park admission after it's fully rolled out. That way they can say it's still "free", but they'll still get paid for it Either that, or you'll be able to pay to get more than 3 FP+s in a day. The new Disney is more dollar-centric and less about guest satisfaction than the company used to be.
Well, I just got my wristbands today. I've been reading everyone's comments and I just have one thing to add. When I opened the box containing my MagicBands, I looked at the awesome packaging and presentation (including each of our names printed under our individual, customized wristband) and I thought, "There is no way these things are going to be free forever." I believe that, at some point, they WILL be charging for some aspect of this service...even if it's just to receive a "customized" band (you pick the color). I don't know enough about the subject to really get into the conversation, this was just my reaction when I opened the box.