1. Heat and Humidity - Of course, we DID choose to go at the end of August. However, we decided to stay late at the MK one night to see the Celebrate the Magic show and the fireworks. Our older kids, having not been there in three years, had never seen the show. To get good seats up by the castle, we had to pretty much stake out our spot a couple of hours in advance. We sat while our kids went off and had fun. But our littlest one (8 yrs old), came to be with us for the last hour. She wasn't feeling good. We sat her down and got her a popsicle, but it got worse. The ground was probably about 130 degrees, and we think that she was suffering from Heat Exhaustion. I went to get her some water, but there were lines at the concession stands, and it was so hard to get anywhere with all the people. They hadn't yet established the walkways to allow people to move around. In the end, we sat through Celebrate the Magic, but then started to try to work our way out during Wishes! I carried her through the air conditioned shops along Main Street, and then to the Monorail. Got her back to the hotel and in bed, and she was fine the next day. But I was a little worried there for a while.

2. Eating late at O'hana - Well, the late part just meant we were tired. For some reason, we weren't terribly hungry, either. By the time the meat came around, we were pretty full. I tried some shrimp, and it was awful. Way overcooked. Tough and chewy. It was the first time in ten years of eating at O'hana that I didn't like the food.

3. DisneyQuest - Well, the kids liked it fine, but as adults, we hated it. Every "virtual" ride made us motion sick, the sports games (like Hoop Shot and the football QB game) were worn out and needed new balls, and when we tried to ride AstroBlasters, it went down. We spent about two hours in there, and that was more than enough. I probably would have liked it better if all I had done was played video games.

4. Waterparks - We only ever made it to Blizzard Beach, though we tried it twice. The first time, we got there after lunch, went in, found a place to put our stuff, and then walked up the slope to get in line for Teamboat Springs. After being in line for about ten minutes, a storm hit (we were hoping it would miss us), and they closed everything. We tried to wait it out for about 90 minutes, and then finally gave up and left. That's when we went to DisneyQuest. We went back the next day and rode pretty much everything at least once, and then left about three hours later. It was fun, but we never felt motivated to go back or to try Typhoon Lagoon. We had added the "Water Parks and More" option for the first time ever, and we just didn't want to use it after those experiences.