Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDad View Post
....not bothered by the exits directly into the shops ....nope ..not one little bit.

....beyond the "magic" ...WDW is a business ...a pretty darn good one at that. If the added income from gift, food , etc. sales in a park will continue to keep the "magic" available to me ...then I say more power to it.

....I also know that there are parents that loathe the experience of walking thru the gift shops with little ones for fear of the dreaded "Magical Tantrum" ....to them (including my own relatives with lil` ones) ...I say ..."Be a parent ...and recite the following to the kids "What Part Of NO Don't You Understand"?
As the parent of a 5 and 4.5 year old, that go at least 1-2x a month...I totally agree with you! I let them know up front if they can get something that day and whether it's something little or bigger.
Sure they ask, but I say no, and they may or may not whine some, but as soon as we step outside they are easily distracted and on to something else!

Personally, I love browsing all the items myself and dreaming
I'm finding that people complain so much about Disney all the time, yet continue to go all the time. You know what? If it bothers you that much, then don't go. It's a theme park, I expect high marketing with equally high prices. Does it mean I have to buy everything? Nope, but I just enjoy my day still and do what I can!