Hi everyone:

We just returned from our post-Christmas trip to WDW. We arrived on 1/1 and stayed through 1/5, spending the first night at the Swan and the next three nights at the Beach Club in a club level room. We had a blast! Our group was DH and me (mid-30s, Disney vets), DS (age 4, on his fifth trip to the World) and DD (who turned 1 just prior to this trip, on her first visit). Without further ado, here's day 1:

We made the 7 hour drive down, with one stop for lunch at a Cracker Barrel, which is always a family favorite. DS loves Craker Barrel and asks to stop there any time we take a road trip. We pulled into the Swan just after 3:30. We unloaded and went to check-in. We had booked a standard room but were given an upgrade to a room on the 5th floor with a fireworks view!

After freshening up, we went downstairs and grabbed a bus to the MK, then we transferred to the monorail for a ride to the GF for our dinner at Citricos. DS loves the monorail, so we take advantage of riding it whenever we can.

Dinner was great! DS had the kids' grilled chicken with broccolini and mac and cheese (which our waiter substituted for us for the rice). DS at most of it without too much of a complaint. DD was happy with her baby food, blueberries and bites of our bread. DH and I shared an appetizer of arancini (delicious!), and then for entrees, I had the Florida grouper served over pasta while DH had the pork two ways (tenderloin and pork belly). Both were delicious, and our waiter was fabulous. We were very tempted by the desserts, but our kiddos were starting to get antsy, and we didn't want to detract from anyone else's meal enjoyment, so we passed. However, DS asked for a sugar cookie, so while DH paid the check, I took him downstairs to Gasparilla's. By the way, the overhaul there was very well-done! There is a large amount of seating, and the food area seemed more open to me, too. While we were paying for DS's cookie, I noticed a s'mores cupcake. It looked interesting, so I bought it to enjoy later that evening.

We took the monorail back to the MK then hopped a bus for the Swan/Dolphin, got back to the hotel, bathed the kids and put them to bed. Then, I did some packing up for our move to the Beach Club the next morning, and DH and I watched the fireworks. I unwrapped my cupcake to enjoy during the fireworks, and it was sooo good. Seriously, this was one of the best desserts I've ever had at Disney! The chocolate and graham cracker cake was not super-sweet, but it was topped with an almost chocolate mousse-like frosting and then decorated with a couple of toasted marshmallows (and a limp graham cracker, which I tossed). I'll be enjoying another one of these next trip!

After my sugary treat, it was off to bed to get ready for our transfer to the BC and a day in the MK!