I posted a brief summary about low crowds and our dining results last Sunday. This report is a little more detailed.

Both are boys are now in college so it was just my DW (54) and me (51). We stayed the first two nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge and then moved to All Star Music. AKL was awesome and if you love animals, go check it out. We were actually in the villas but I don't think it matters where you are. This was my wife's first time at a Disney budget hotel. Other than us sleeping in separate beds as I'm 6'4" and the double beds were small, this was a perfectly good option and I would recommend ASMu to anyone considering it.

CM's were all in good moods and we have nothing but good things to report. I'm sure the low crowds helped keep them in a good mood as well. Not only CM's, but every other WDW guest we talked to was very friendly as well. Weather was warm but not bad for this time of year.

Crowds-- oh my gosh I can't tell you how much we enjoyed low crowds. Here are some examples. Our normal first park is DHS to ride ToT, and I wanted to try the new Star Tours ride. Both had waits of about 5 minutes around 4-5pm on Sunday. On Monday morning (Labor Day) we got in to EMH only 7 minutes until 10am, but road EE twice with no wait whatsoever. I went back and did it a 3rd time later. No wait for Dino or KS, or anything at AK. We walked on to KS at 1pm without stopping-- straight onto the car. Had to wait a minute for giraffes crossing in front of us later.

On Wednesday morning we were back at DHS. At 11:10am-- I know because that was my Fastpass time-- I walked through the line for ToT by myself. There was not one person in either the standby or Fastpass line. I walked in and asked the CM if I was going to ride the ride by myself, but she assured me I would not. There ended up being 15 people in the entry room vs. 40-50 we normally have.

On Thursday Soarin had a 30 minute standby time in late afternoon and there were still FP available. We went to the single rider line for TT and they put us right on and in the same car next to each other. The entire trip was like this.

A couple of other comments-- the Memories and You show on the castle is not to be missed. We arrived for the fireworks and I forgot about the pre-show, which was better than the fireworks. We returned the next night for it as well.

Overall, it was a great trip. The only exception would be that we spent so little time in lines that my wife had plenty of time to shop, so we ended up a little over budget. I'll have to work on that for next trip. But I can't recommend enough Labor Day week if you don't have kids in school. Thanks for reading.