So, a question for you guys...

How many of you have started out small, and bought smaller amounts of points, and then added on as you needed more?? (I'm talking 75-100 points for starters...)

We're considering this, as we really don't want to finance the purchase, but also don't want to wait as long as it would take us to save up the $10-15K we would need for the amount of points we would (eventually) like to have.

If we started out small, an initial purchase would cover a short trip (just my DH and I) and a longer trip w/ our girls... then, by the time those trips are over & we're looking at a next trip, we could probably have saved up enough to add on a bit.

I realize we'd end up paying two sets of closing costs, and could end up with two "use years", but we're planning on purchasing a re-sale anyway, so we will save quite a bit just by going that route, and could potentially look for a re-sale with a similar, if not the same, use year. (and yes, we're aware of the new, upcoming restrictions -- but they aren't restrictions that affect will affect us at all.)

So -- any advice or ideas on going this route??