My family of four is just back from a short trip that lasted Wed night 1/19 to Mon afternoon 1/24. We stayed at CBR in a pirate-themed room, a new experience for us even though we've stayed at this resort twice before. The room was very cute and theming was great. However, we had several issues that I'm having a hard time overlooking:

First, despite the fact that I paid an additional cost for the privilege of sleeping in a pirate ship, my room was located in the furthest section from Old Port Royale and Custom House. I did know this going in but I do think that if you are paying more for your room, you should have a better location.

Second - and this was a huge problem - on Sunday morning, our room door would not lock. We discovered the problem as we were about to leave for the parks. I called the front desk and they assured me that someone would be over "soon". 20 min later, nobody had showed up so the hubby called again. This time he was told that it was a resort-wide problem due to the cold (it was 45 - 50ș at this point) and the door needed reset and they could not get someone to fix it immediately. We had to make the decision to either stay behind with our stuff, therefore losing park time, or leave it and take a chance that it was all going to be there when we got back. We took the chance and fortunately, the door was fixed and our stuff was still there when we got back 8.5 hrs later.

Third, we had booked a room-only reservation so it needed to be paid at check-in. What they actually did was charge the room itself to the room charge account, giving us only $440 to actually spend on the room charge account. However, they neglected to tell us this so I was expecting to be able to spend up to $1000. Because of this, my credit and debit cards were left in the room and my room charge was denied when purchasing food for my kids. Thankfully I had enough cash to cover it.

Fourth, when we did the airline check-in, the resort printed a single boarding pass and left it on our door - it was supposed to be for me but it was not my first name nor was it my confirmation number. They were unable to pull up my ticket and print my pass so while my family got theirs at the resort, I still had to stand in line at the airport for mine.

Last, when we were checking our bags at the resort airline check-in desk, they set a 5th bag down next to our 4 bags. I did make sure that I pointed out to them that it was not our bag but despite that, after we got home, I got a phone call from our airline telling me that we left a bag behind. They apparently did not listen to me and tagged some poor person's bag with our luggage tag.

I haven't done so yet but I do plan to write to WDW and let them know of most of these issues, most especially the one with the door lock since that's a major safety issue. We tried to speak to a manager about the door issue at the time that it occurred but they would not direct my hubby to a manager.