Once upon a time, through a discussion board far, far away, we held a Disney meet in New York City twice each year. For various reasons, that tradition has recently stopped.

I have talked to many of the wonderful folks from the old group about getting the band back together, so to speak. After months of idle discussion, I am motivated to actually make this happen. I know planning meets is complicated and stressful and ridiculously more difficult than it seems, but the end result is worth the hassle.

So, let's use this thread to start planning the Winter 2011 New York INTERCOT meet. I propose we get together on a weekend at the end of this month or in early February if necessary. Once we gauge the interest -- and I hope there still is interest -- we can take the conversation off the boards and into e-mail.

Please post in this thread letting me know if you'd want to attend a meet, and perhaps propose a workable weekend.

To kick it off, I am thinking we meet either Jan. 22 or 29. Let's start the bidding there and see where we end up.

And please, do not be shy, even if you have never been to a meet before. They are tons of fun, as many people here can attest. The beauty of these boards are the real-life friendships that stem from them. The only way to cultivate those relationships are to get away from the computer screen and out into the world together.

Looking forward to seeing everybody!