Now, I'm NOT asking this question to start and arguement or a debate... I am legitamitely wondering why when I tell people we got a "free dining deal" for our trip, some answer me with "Oh, we hate free dining" or " We hate the dining plan".

I asked a question in a different thread whether or not the menus are different during free dining, and everyone said no -- but that the restaurants ARE busier, and the waitstaff CM's more rushed, less attentive and not quite as friendly during free dining. (Which is understandable, to a point, if people are rude to the CM's b/c their food is "free" or if people choose to not tip for the same reason... )

But what I'm getting more of is just a general dislike of the dining plan as a whole, and thus, free dining falls into the disliked category, as well.

From my perspective, I wouldn't pay for the dining plan again -- my girls are both "adult" priced now (but are truly only 9 and 12) and paying $46/day next year for each of them next year would be crazy. And thus, to pay $184/day for our whole family would be even crazier... we average about $120/day, including snacks.

But when Disney is giving you two square meals a day, plus a snack, for free -- what's not to like?

(I also realize that for our family, or any family of probably 4 or more who are all eating regular-type meals, free dining is a much more significant savings than a couple going by themselves, or with very small children. For them, a room discount is probably the bigger savings, and this could play into it.)

Just curious -- I realize this is a VERY personal opinion for everyone...