Trip Report
Our Honeymoon- Walt Disney World
Cast: Myself (Maryanne), 24
DH (John), turning 27 during trip

Background- John and I dated for about 8 years before finally getting hitched this past May. I teach, so we waited until school let out for our honeymoon. Prior to this trip we had already been to WDW together 6 times. After the WDW portion, we spent 2 days at Universal Studios and 3 at West Palm Beach.

Day 1- Arrival.
We woke up bright and early to catch a 7:30am flight. We flew Southwest and everything went great. We were right on time. John gets severe anxiety on flights, but this time he was prepared with some prescribed pills and in-flight alcoholic beverages. This was the most relaxed he’s been in a long time and I had fun talking to him and laughing at things in Sky Mall magazine, as opposed to his usual tight grip on the arm rest and eyes squeezed shut.

Our Quicksilver driver (can’t remember name) was there waiting for us, and soon we were on our way. We were checking into the Wilderness lodge before 11am. Lucky for us, the room was ready! We had booked the Honeymoon Room for 4 nights. We never stayed Club Level before so we were excited to be on the “special level” that you need a key card to access. Our guide from Bell Services (Again I forget his name, we were just so excited to be there I guess) showed us the Old Faithful club and explained how things worked, then took us on a few twists and turns before we got to our room. He stopped in front of a room with a plaque that said “Yosemite Suite.” I looked at John as the card was inserted, and we entered the room. We both stood there in awe at the spacious accommodations that now greeted us. I was the one who finally said “Are you sure this is our room??” We had gotten a free upgrade, and the Bell Services employee wasn’t even aware of it! The Yosemite Suite was awesome. There was a wrap around balcony with an AWESOME view, separate dining area, kitchen area with saloon style doors, master bedroom suite with jacuzzi and stand up shower (yes that's my DH feeling the need to pantomime showering for the full effect), and an additional ½ bathroom. My favorite part of the suite was reading letters written by artist C.M. Russell, with little drawings on them. Amazing. It was so nice to come back to that room for four days.

After calling our friends and relatives and letting the shock of the upgrade settle in, we made our way over to EPCOT. We took a spin on Spaceship Earth and then headed over to The Land. We split a Ham and Salami sandwich from Sunshine Seasons, talked baseball with a CM who was a Braves fan (We love the Phillies) and then rode Living with the Land, a perennial favorite of John’s. As we exited the land, a rainstorm rolled in; luckily this was the only day we’d have to deal with rain as our cheap dollar store ponchos weren’t really holding up too well. We wandered into The Seas with Nemo and Friends- No wait for the main ride, as usual. After our journey in the big blue world, we were enjoying watching the dolphins play and decided to snap a few pictures. This was when our camera decided to break. This camera is a year old now, and this is the 3rd time it has broken. The other two times it would turn on and shut right back off. This time, it stayed on, but the screen would remain black and nothing would show up when you’d take the picture. John discovered that if you pushed down on the lens, it would sort of work. We couldn’t really zoom and if you didn’t hold it perfectly still you got weird lines in the photo. Also we couldn’t get people to take pics of us together because no one else seemed to be able to grasp the concept of what you needed to do. Oh well! We still managed to get some nice shots, and also took a few photo pass pics.

We visited the manatees, then ventured outside. The rain was really pouring down now, so we popped into Imagination to take a spin with Figment. We had no desire to do Mission:Space, and Test Track was out of the question since it was storming, so we trekked over to Mexico for the Gran Fiesta Tour. Next, we went on Maelstrom in Norway. We stopped to get a beer in Germany (Souvenir mug to boot) and then hung out at a table with an umbrella in Italy to wait out the rain, just talking and enjoying our brews and people watching. Afterward we caught the Voices of Liberty and a showing of American Adventure. We still had about an hour to kill before our reservation at Le Cellier, so we watched a few songs by the British Invasion, wandered through the UK shops, then caught the first two songs from Off Kilter. Finally, it was time to eat! This was our first time dining at Le Cellier and we were excited to try it. It did not disappoint. See my review in the dining section.

Earlier in the day we had gotten FastPass for Soarin’, however that was such a big meal that we did not feel like going on the ride, so we just headed back to the resort where we could digest, relax, tour the resort at night, and watch part of the Electrical Water Pageant from our massive balcony. Up next for tomorrow- All day at the MK!