Just thought I'd post this little review of our recent trip, since there's so much discussion these days about the need to have ADR's for every meal, over-schedule, etc.

This last trip that we just finished we decided we weren't going to make a single ADR for our entire stay. Not one. We decided that we were just going to wing it and hope for the best. We're tired of being slaves to our dining reservations and having to say things like, "Sorry kids. You don't have time to meet Mickey, because we just have to get to Epcot or we'll miss our ADR." Ridiculous.

So how did it work out? Quite well, actually. We were able to get in at every place we tried without exception. We ate breakfast at Ohana, Hollywood & Vine, and 1900 Park Fare, dinner at Teppan Edo, Le Cellier and Chefs De France, lunch at Rainforest Cafe and The Plaza. We even had ice cream and snacks at Beaches & Cream. No ADR's, no problems.

And boy was it really great not having to worry about being in a certain place at a certain time. We ate when we got hungry and picked a place close by and were never turned away. Not once.

Now admittedly January is pretty slow. I don't think I would try it during the summer or over Christmas. But from now on when we go during a down time we are definitely passing on the ADR's and playing it by .