Room-

We had a 1-BR for the 2 of us. Our room was ground floor, facing the quiet pool and a very easy walk for my sister to the smoking area by the Coves pool. I had the bedroom, Cheryl had the living room sleeper sofa. She said the bed was fine for her but could be an issue for someone with back issues. The mattress in the bedroom was fine; not a Heavenly bed (which is the best hotel mattress I have slept on) but comfortable enough. Rooms are refurbished and have flat panel TVs which we liked and think all DVC and deluxe accommodations should have them. We liked our room here much better than our room last year at Old Key West, which we think desperately needs some upgrading. The hi-speed Internet connection was in the corner of the living room and was nowhere near any desk. Had we not brought a wireless router, it would have been very difficult for my sister to set up to do the work she had to do each day.

Service-
There was a scheduled power outage in the middle of the night Wednesday of which we were not informed. As the air conditioning went off, both of us woke up and my sister called the front desk (after fumbling around for the phone in the dark) and they told her it was scheduled. We should have been informed of the scheduled outage. It does not take much to place a note under a door. Also, the maid knocks on the door at 8:15 on checkout day to clean our room, which we did not appreciate. We usually would have the privacy sign out there, but mistakenly thought that we would not be bothered before the check out time of 11:00.

Overall, we would stay here again, even though there were a few bumps in the road. The room was very nice. We will be addressing Member Services about our issues, though.