My family of 5, makes annual visits to WDW. We typically travel in the early fall, and have been fortunate enought to take advantage of free dining promos in the past, or discounted room rates, etc.

We have only ever stayed on deluxe properties. We typically book a room, club level. Very often, such as at BC, we book deluxe room, club level. It is of course, more expensive, yet to us worth it. We may make sacrifices elsewhere to save the money to travel to WDW this way, but we do it. It is our choice. PLEASE don't get me wrong. I am truly happy when my fellow disney fanatics score great upgrades, but with my most recent ressie, I have found myself a little um...

I do not believe in asking for upgrades. To each their own of course. I believe in reserving and paying for the room you want. We do this. I can't help though, but have my feathers ruffled "a little" when I hear of someone paying significantly less money than I, and staying in the same~or better accomodations. I liken it to how one would feel if they just purchased and paid for a new car, and as they started it up, saw someone else leave the lot with the same thing for a LOT less money just "because".

Anyone share my feelings?