I have been staying away from this board as we had to cancel our 7 night DCL cruise that we were to take in Feb 2010 due to cost. It was depressing to come here as I was so bummed. We then switched to Royal Caribbean and were going to cruise on the new Oasis which was about $3000 less than the DCL cruise that we cancelled. This week we found out that DH's company is asking that everyone take 2 weeks of UNPAID vacation which got us thinking about our finances. We still owed about $5000 on the RCL cruise and there was just no way we were going to be able to save it between now and the time it was due. WIth this new development with DH's company and the economy we really did not want to put the cruise on a credit card. SOOO...

I looked into a 4 night DCL for March using part DVC points and part cash and we were able to swing it! WOO HOO!

We did a 7 night DCL last year and my questions about the 4 night are:

- Is there a Pirate Party with fireworks and if so which night is it?
- Is there a semi-formal and a formal night?
- I have read some about Nassau - We would like to hit a beach for a while and do a little shopping. I have read about going to a hotel and using their pools/beach (NOT Atlantis, I think it is a Westin). Anyone done this?
- Any other Nassau recommendations?
- Do they have a Palo brunch on the 4 night? If so is it only on the sea day?
- What (if anything) would be different between the Magic and the Wonder?

Thanks for any thoughts!!