Quote Originally Posted by mom2morgan View Post
Wow! Glad to hear others feeling the way I do. I'm considering a trip to DL, and feeling a little un-enthusiastic. We've been to WDW twice, but we live in Alberta, so the flights are more expensive, and much longer (it took us 18 hours each way the last trip - yikes!). But there just doesn't seem to be much information or buzz....I can't figure out where to stay or where to eat. I've ordered the Unoffical guide and hoping it helps - it was my favourite in planning my WDW trips.
I have both the Unofficial Guides - Disneyland and WDW. Loved the one for WDW, but disappointed in the Disneyland one. Guess I was just looking for a lot more information. It seems to be so hard to get info on Disneyland.
After a lot of back and forth - really wanted to stay in the Disneyland Hotel, but can't justify $2000.00 US (CAA rate) for 6 nights in Aug 09, so have booked 9 nights at the Howard Johnsons total of $1,248.21 (CAA rate) for a Premium Disney Facing room. I know that it is not going to be the same as staying onsite in WDW . We will get a 6 day Hopper so that we can take our time to enjoy the parks and use the rest of the time to see the coast of Southern California. We have a 2 1/2 week trip planned as our airfare from Ontario is not cheap.
We have never been into planning our meals out, so that works out for us. After reading $4 for a Mickey Bar, I am now wondering how much they are in WDW, as none of my family can remember.