Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Well first of all, let's remember that the rating system goes up to five diamonds, not four. That means that the GF is a 2nd tier hotel that charges 1st tier rates (due to the aforementioned "location, location, location").

In addition, if memory serves, the GF was once a five diamond resort and lost it's fifth diamond.

Lastly, I'm quite certain the Four Seasons will be a five diamond resort.

Okay so maybe it was an overstatement to say it was "a 3 star resort at best", but the point is (as I said before) it's a 2nd tier hotel with 1st tier prices ... not due to the amenities and service, but due to its location.
I'm quite aware of the Diamond system. I agree that the Four Seasons may well get five diamonds. My point, which you agreed with is that you are way off base calling GF a 3 diamond at best. It is a solid 4 diamond resort.

Grand Floridian isn't a 2nd tier hotel priced as a 1st tier. Of course location affects price. All of Disney's hotels are priced higher because they are Disney hotels. Some of that is location, some of that is service. Disney service is very good.

Five Diamond hotels are few and far between because of the staffing and training cost involved. In most cases, it just isn't worth the return on investment.

You don't really think the Four Seasons will be priced similarly to the GF do you? If you do, you're dreaming. There is no way.