Anyone else find Tony's management a little unDisneyesque? Last Tuesday we were "the last walk-ins" according to the hostess (not something we normally do, especially when celebrating my son's birthday, but medical circumstances precluded advanced planning) and were promised a nice birthday table within 15-25 minutes. My son watched Lady welcome a new baby all the way to the closing credits (sans sound) before we were told we could be seated, then when my wife asked en route to an outside table if we could be seated inside, the manager was called, took exception to her request, told her our table was no longer available, and demanded that she "point out which staff member said you could be seated inside" (which my wife had never suggested.) Needless to say, my family (and especially my new ten-year-old) were shocked, disappointed, and hungry; later at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe (where they were nice enough to sing Happy Birthday and offer us special seating) I was told I could write to Kim Cook, but I'm guessing we'll be yessed to death with no real answer.

I know, I know, we should have made ASRs for the evening of our arrival (and did thereafter); I just wondered if anyone else had experienced similar rudeness at Tony's Restaurant, or if it was just a bad night to be a walk-in?