We just bought into DVC last night (SSR)!!! It made sense for me and my family since we plan on going back to Disney as my kids are now 6 & 9 and we want to start a tradition of awesome vacations 1-2 times a year from now on and be able to pass that tradition on to them and their kids. Economically it also made sense in the long run and the flexability with going elsewhere under the plan is simply amazing and maintenance fees were pretty low compared to others. For instance we live in Mass, so in Aug we will be going to spend a week on Martha's Vinyard at minimal cost, and then again next spring back to Disney in April to a now 1 or 2 bedroom again at low cost as we were able to get free plane tix for waiting for another plane for 2 hours on the same day we came back last week. We thought that was a sign lol for us to join. Plus we now have the ability to take others with us and put everyone up in the same accomodations. It depends on each persons situation in my case we paid cash and only have to worry about the yearly fee at this point. We will most likely buy more in a year or two once we get used to being members and want to do more as my kids get older. I have already been instructed by my 6 year old son that we WILL be going on real safari in africa and my 9 year old daughter has chimed in with going to the Grand Floridian lookalike in Hong Kong ahahahaha!!!