Quantcast Favorite Moderate?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Favorite Moderate?

What is your favorite moderate hotel to stay at? We are thinking about upgrading to a moderate hotel if they come out with the free dining for September. However I can't make up my mind which to stay at. Which one is the closest or most centerally located? How are the bus systems also? It will only be my boyfriend & I in the room. Right now we are booked at Pop Century. This will be the first time for both of us staying on site. So please give honest opinions. We are in our twenty's if that needs to weigh in.
    Brandie

Past Trip:
    July 2002 offsite at Alan's Grandparents
    Sept 2007 stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter, Free Dining (Got Engaged)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The moderates are fun, but I don't know that the rooms are much nicer than at POP. It's basically just the resort amenities. POFQ is my favorite, but I love jazz and New Orleans so it's the perfect theme for me. POFQ is also the most romantic of the moderates. However, they all are excellent, so there aren't ones that are really better than another. It's mostly about which theme you like - Old South, New Orleans Mardi Gras, Caribbean, etc. I would say that POR tends to be a lot of families, for a young couple that might not be the best.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

POFQ without a doubt! A very quaint, small resort - no long hikes to anything. Beautiful scenery and landscaping.

Post Thanks / Like

Been to 3 out of 4. I loved Coronado. Very well themed, especially the Rancho section. Plus it is close to 3 parks. CB is good, being close to 2 parks. POR I found not so good being far from all parks, plus if you don't get a mansion room, you get a lousy room.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

how is the bus service at the cornado as that is one of the ones I am leaning towards. My bf is a history buff so with the myan theme ya know.
    Brandie

Past Trip:

Southern New Jersey ( only 1024 miles away )
    Post Thanks / Like

Put my vote in for the CBR
    1973,76,78,79,81,82 Off Site
    1994,96,97- ASSP
    1996,97- CBR
    1998- DCL-MAGIC (HONEYMOON)
    1999- ASMV
    2004- DCL-WONDER
    2005- CSR
    2002,03,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13, 14 F.W.
    2008-DCL WONDER (Double Dip)
    2010 DCL WONDER
    2013 DCL DREAM
    ș șOș șOș șOș șOș
    Next Trip: F.W. December 2015

mttafire Guest

Default agreed

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBeetle View Post
    POFQ without a doubt! A very quaint, small resort - no long hikes to anything. Beautiful scenery and landscaping.
    Yep, Its tough to beat Pofq. It is just so well though out and an all around great resort.

Post Thanks / Like

POFQ for us too.

We did like CBR too.
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mnchknbrat1982 View Post
    how is the bus service at the cornado as that is one of the ones I am leaning towards. My bf is a history buff so with the myan theme ya know.
    stayed there once and am staying again in May..think i remember it bein ok buswise.
    of the mods POFQ is my top probably, then CBR...POR last. they are all pretty centrally located and POR n FQ have boat to DD.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at POFQ and CBR. Of those, our favorite is CBR because we prefer the tropical theming since we always go when its cold and gray in the midwest.
    Nov 1973 - OS
    Apr 1982 - OS
    Jan 2001 - ASM
    Dec 2001 - ASSp
    Jan 2002 - CBR
    Jan 2003 - CBR
    Dec 2003 - AKL
    Jan 2005 - CBR
    Jan 2006 - CBR/AKL
    Dec 2006 - CBR/OS/POFQ
    Oct 2007 - ASSp/CBR
    Jan 2009 - CBR/AKL
    Jan 2010 - POR/AKL
    Jan 2012 - CBR
    Jan 2013 - CBR
    Feb 2015 - GF
    Feb 2016 - GF

Post Thanks / Like

The moderates are fun, but I don't know that the rooms are much nicer than at POP.
    Moderates have bigger rooms. 314 square feet compared to the Values at 260 square feet.

Like many other posters stated, POFQ gets my vote as fav Mod.
    Alex

4/1976 - offsite,4/1983 - offsite,5/1999 - CaribBeach,5/2000 - CaribBeach,
    11/2001 - Coronado,7/2003 - AKL, 8/2004 - POFQ, 8/2005 - Poly, 8/2006 - Grand Flo,10/2007 - POFQ, 8/2008 - Wilderness Lodge, 8/2009 - POR, 8/2010 - CaribBeach, 8/2011 - Coronado, 8/2012 -Coronado, 8/2014 - Coronado

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pofq All The Way!

If this is your first time on property and you can swing it- DO A MODERATE NOT MATTER WHICH YOU CHOOSE!
    Even if you don't indulge in all of the additional ammenties it's beautiful theming to walk back and forth in and for the most part they are more centrally located on property. (Pop Century isn't that bad, though)
    If you book through Magical Journeys (links found on intercot) you might also be pleasantly surprised with a discount or special running that time of year. Don't plan on anything, but sometimes in the fall there are things that pop up and MJ will automatically apply them to your reservation. (Deb is my fav!)

I'm also the same person who devoted herself to Raman Noodles in college just to afford a couple nights on property then slum it for the rest of the week off property. If you can do it- GO FOR IT!
    07-08 Prem Annual Pass-logged 27 days!
    06 Off Prop- Renaissance
    06 PC
    06 Off Prop-DTD
    05 Off Prop- DTD
    05 Off Prop- Masters Inn
    04 WL
    03 Off Prop- Masters Inn
    02 College Program
    99 ASM
    96 Off Property-Magic Music Days
    94 POR (Dixiel Landings forever)

Post Thanks / Like

I've stayed at 3 of them, and my favorite is Coronado Springs. It was a beautiful resort. You can see the fireworks at MK and Epcot at night from the resort. Loved the food court, so many choices of food. Bonus, first bus stop at the MK. Short walk to the entrance.

We also liked POR. We really liked the alligator bayou section.

We were OK with POFQ and that was mainly because of the food court. I felt there weren't that many selections to our liking in the food court. I did like the small feel of the resort. It was very easy to get around and being the first bus stop was nice.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

I've only stayed at CBR and POR. I thought CBR was OK. I wouldn't necessarily stay there again. However, we REALLY liked POR. We were only there for a few days, but it's really nice. It feels like a Disney Hotel. You really feel like you are in The World there. I didn't feel like that at CBR. We can't afford it this coming trip, but we cannot wait to stay at POR again.
    Gawrsh

1979 - Polynesian Village
    1988 - Treehouses
    1990 - Treehouses
    1997 - Disney Institute Villas/Yacht and Beach Club
    1999 - Disney Institute Villas
    2001 - Carribean Beach
    2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
    2007 - Pop Century
    2010 - Offsite/Port Orleans Riverside
    2014 - Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

POFQ was intimate and 1st stop for bus at PO resorts. Our only complaint was the food court. It seemed to have few selections & moved quite slowly when we were in a hurry to get to the bus. If the food court is not an issue, then FQ is a great choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pofg!!!!!

i WAS IN THE SAME AS YOU WHEN i DATED MY NOW WIFE. WE STAYED AT THE POFQ. YOU CAN A BOAT FROM THE RESORT TO DOWNTOWN DISNEY.

Post Thanks / Like

I love Coronado Springs the best, but I'm really getting excited about the possibility of staying at Port Orleans Riverside.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

If you can afford it, stay at a moderate. The rooms are just a little larger but the resorts are much more spread out and relaxing. The value resorts are designed more for the kids so there are many more kids running around.

My favorite is Caribbean Beach. I love the tropical feel of this resort. When we would get back from the parks it was like going to the beach. We could see the fireworks from Epcot at night when we would sit out on the hammocks. No all of them... the buildings blocked most of the view. But it was still cool to be able to sit on the beach and see some.
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Post Thanks / Like

My family and I stayed at POR and it was fantastic we wouldn't stay at any other Moderate resort we tried Coronado Springs and we didn't enjoy it very much it was a long walk to everything and the pool wasn't all that great plus it is a convention hotel and not themed very well!! Althou at POR it is a long walk to everything as well you can also rent boats or bicycles or you can take a boat to DD it is also one of the more romantic resorts WDW!! What ever you chose I hope you have a fantastic time!!
    A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep...

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for all the recommendations, after looking at pictures of all the moderates I am leaning towards the Port Orleans French Quarter. But I am waiting till I hear about if there will be free dining.
    Brandie

Past Trip:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: