Quantcast Character Connection

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Character Connection

What is this? I think I've heard of it being in Epcot but not sure? Is it an extra cost?
    1996...Magic Music Days...Off Site
    2000...With family...Off site
    2004...Honeymoon...POFQ
    2005...1 yr anniv...POR
    2008...4 year anniv...Windsor Hills
    2011...8 year anniv...Lighthouse Key
    2015...10 Year Anniv...Windsor Hills

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It a character meet and greet. It is in FW in Epcot and mostly we have only seen Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Donald in there. There is no charge, it is like the meet and greet in Toontown in MK only smaller.
    2002 - Off Property Son's 1st Trip
    2003-Off Property
    2005- Off Property Son's 1st Trip
    March 2006- Off Property
    June 2006 - POP Star Wars Weekend
    Dec 2007 - ASMu Family Suite

Dec 2009 ASMo Daughter's 1st Trip
    April 2011 Beach Club Daughter's 2nd Birthday Trip

Post Thanks / Like

I want to say this is very near to Club Cool (like right around the cormer), but I mihgt be on the wrong corner.

We have gone in and seen Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Chip & Dale, and I want to say Friar Tuck???? There may have been a couple of others, but it is a great place to meet characters!!
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

normally, it's wedged between the breezeway by innoventions west and the fountainview cafe. however it's in a temporary space right now until about september as they're redoing the original space. the temporary space is much smaller but in the same building. the best way i can describe to get to it is to walk through club cool and then take an immediate right through the black doors as you exit the back of it.

since the YOMD, it's my understanding that it's mostly Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Chip & Dale (and they're actually doubled up in the temporary space. I even saw Mickey & Minnie *together* which is rare), but I've heard others say they've seen other characters in the character connection since YOMD started (but I never have). in addition, Donald no longer appears there since he appears regularly in Mexico as part of the 3 caballeros.

it actually replaced the characters on holiday bus that used to make a few appearances throughout the day. i think this stopped in late 05/early 06. the character connection runs continously between 9:30 am and 5:30 pm, give or take.

Post Thanks / Like

Last September we went twice to the Character Connection. We saw Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Chip & Dale, Goofy, Pluto, Mary Poppins, Captain Hook, and Belle. The kids loved it!
    Poly 3/97, Poly 1/98, Poly 2/99, Poly 2/00, Poly 9/03,
    POR & Poly 9/05, POR & Poly 9/06
    , Poly 9/07
    Poly 9/08, POR & Poly 8/10, POR & Poly 8/13, Heading back POR & Poly Concierge 8/15

Post Thanks / Like

Another great advantage for us was that the Character Connection was open during the Evening EMH at Epcot, so that's when we went. It was great, not having to wait in huge lines, and there are cool backgrounds for the pictures with the characters.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We saw Alice there in September too. We have great video of her doing "ring a round the roses" with Chip and Dale. So cool.
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Post Thanks / Like

We love going to Character connection and rarely seem to hit a line there - mostly we see the usuals (Mickey, Minnie, etc.) but in 2005 we saw this character and, I'm embarrased to say, I have no idea who she is. Conor was only 5 and wouldn't go near her, but he was being funny with Mike!
    Jen aka conorsmom2000

1977 - Fort Wilderness
    1995, 2005, 2006 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Coronado Springs
    2024 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conorsmom2000 View Post
    We love going to Character connection and rarely seem to hit a line there - mostly we see the usuals (Mickey, Minnie, etc.) but in 2005 we saw this guy and, I'm embarrased to say, I have no idea who he is. Conor was only 5 and wouldn't go near him, but he was being funny with Mike!
    That's Terk from Tarzan. She's pretty rare to see there these days.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah like Mekko said that Terk from Tarzan and he is a she. Rosie O'Donnald did her voice.
    DLand character wanted list.

1. DUMBO 2. BLUE FAIRY 3. TARZAN 4. BRER RABBIT 8. JOHN SMITH 9. LAUNCH PAD 11. LOTSO 14. GYPSY

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for letting me know! I'll be honest - as you may have already guessed, I've never seen Tarzan! I believe it is the only movie we've never watched!
    Jen aka conorsmom2000

1977 - Fort Wilderness
    1995, 2005, 2006 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Coronado Springs
    2024 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Terk does appear in the DAK parade, but probably the only time I've seen her out was with Jane in front of DAK, but that was in 05 too I think.

Post Thanks / Like

I met Terk way back in 02 outside of AK. I haven't been to Character Connection yet, but I plan to hit it up next time around.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Default character connection

i just got back from disneyworld today, and they had characters by two's in the character connection this week. it was chip and dale, pluto and goofy, and mickey and minnie. they were all in blue sparkly type outfits. a photo pass photographer there taking the pics of minnie and mickey said they never ever put them together, but they have for a short while (maybe just this week), and she took over 1700 photos in 1 day since so many people wanted them together. it's a great organized way to get pics!

Post Thanks / Like

Mickey & Minnie were together when I was there first week of this month. I asked a CM about it and she seemed very unsure as to how long it will be that way. evidently for a while it was Mickey & Pluto and Minnie & Goofy.. funny thing is, I almost was going to skip the CC because one of the CMs earlier told me who was in there and i was like blah, seen them all. then i bought the steiff mickey in germany and figured i'd get mickey to pose with it.. nice surprise.

i've heard they also appear together for photos during evening EMH at MK by the carousel for EMH guests

Post Thanks / Like

We were there the first week of March, we also go Mickey/Minnie; Pluto/goofy and Chip/Dale combos. This is a great way to meet these characters as the line is not ususally too bad so the characters get to spend more time with you and play around quite a bit!

Also, Terk was outside of AK in the afternoon of 3/5.. Got pics and autographs..

DJ
    1978-offsite
    December 2003-POR
    June 2005-POFQ
    February 2006-Off site
    June 2006-POFQ
    March 2007-POFQ
    June 6-13, 2008- POFQ

Next: Christmas-New Year's Disneyland or World...not sure yet, but I will be at one!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Charcter Connection is fantastic! It has the fab five in there, most of the time...so you can knock out those character by just waiting in one line. The best thing to do is go there immidnetly when the park opens....
    Kristi Kay
    2003 CP Cast Member

“Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
    –Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Character Connection is a fun place to visit the characters.. They usually have Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, and Chip and Dale. You can now find Donald over in Mexico with the 3 Cabs.. They sometimes have characters in the hallway, but not during the Flower and Garden Fest. because that is where they set up booths. Right now it is being referbed so they are in a different room, but you can still meet them all by stading in 1 line. Also if you have a Disney Visa card you can meet them as well, but all at once at Epcot but not at the CC.
    “Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
    –Walt Disney

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: