Quantcast Cabs

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Cabs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cabs

My Travel Agent just told me cabs are hard to come by at disney world. I am wondering if I should rent a car now. Specifically, I need a cab from DTD to MK. I would think there would be cabs ready to pick up passengers, but she said that is not the case. That in Most cases you have to call for one. Does anyone know what the cab situation is, especially in DTD. Would it be better to rent a car?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Everytime I have been at DTD I have seen cabs lined up all over the place, so from my experience I really don't think they will be hard to come by.
    "I think we dream so we don't have to be apart so long. If we're in each other's dreams,we can play together all night." --Calvin and Hobbes--

Post Thanks / Like

Default There are plenty of cabs down there, the Mears cab ...

for one thing, we took that to Sea World ad it was $25.00 each way for the 4 of us. Travel agents like to sell the car renting part because they get more commission that way too, I know that because Im studying to become a travel agent.
    • 1. 1975 Disney World- offsite
    • 2. 1984 - Disney World offsite- Honeymoon
    • 3. 1991 Disney World and Disney Cruise- offsite
    • 4. Jan 07 - onsite Disney World- All Stars Movie Resort

Post Thanks / Like

First I want to say

Second, everytime I've been at DTD I've seen lots of cabs, but if you don't mind me asking what is the reason that you would need a cab from DTD to the MK?

Just wondering if there are better options
    Rob Hinkle
    28 Visits to the Magical Vacation Kingdom of Disney World and counting!

Next Trips -
    December 2010 - WDW - Contemporary
    January 2011 - WDW - Beach Club Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robhink View Post
    what is the reason that you would need a cab from DTD to the MK?

Just wondering if there are better options
    I'm not the OP but I can probably tell you why. There are no direct busses from DTD to the themeparks, therefore if you want to go to the Magic Kingdom from Downtown Disney you would have to take a bus to a resort first, then wait for another bus to the park. It eats up a big chunk of the day.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

First, thank you for the responses. I wanted a cab because my dd has an appointment at bippidity and then we have to head over to MK for lunch with Cinderalla. I don't want to miss that so I want to make sure we get there on time. I heard it could take an hour from DTD to MK.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aljack34 View Post
    First, thank you for the responses. I wanted a cab because my dd has an appointment at bippidity and then we have to head over to MK for lunch with Cinderalla. I don't want to miss that so I want to make sure we get there on time. I heard it could take an hour from DTD to MK.
    Thanks for clarifying the issue, with the hard deadline the cab makes sense. If you just wanted to get there the bus from DTD to the Contemporary Resort is a good option, it would be a 10 to 15 minute walk from there to the front of the park. But you figure you might have to wait for 20 mins for a bus at DTD, 20 minute bus ride (roughly) plus the 10 to 15 walk from the Contemporary.
    Rob Hinkle
    28 Visits to the Magical Vacation Kingdom of Disney World and counting!

Next Trips -
    December 2010 - WDW - Contemporary
    January 2011 - WDW - Beach Club Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Do you think they will be readily available at DTD? We should be done at Bippidity at about 12:00, I would think.

Also, my husband is a big sports nut and wants to go to the Wild World of Sports at least once. I understand that is hard to get to. That may be another cab ride?????

Post Thanks / Like

I've read before that you can take a bus to the Wide World of Sports Complex from MGM Studios. Also, when we stay at Pop we pass the Wide World of Sports Complex so I bet you could walk there from there or at least catch a cab for cheaper... MGM is where I would try first though.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aljack34 View Post
    Cabs aren't going to be able to drop you right at the entrance to the Magic Kingdom. You'd need to take it to the Contemporary and walk. Or, you could take it to the Polynesian or Grand Floridian and then catch the monorail to the park. Or, you could catch a bus to either of those and follow the same plan.
    Rhonda

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: