Quantcast "Free Dining Plan 2007" Semi-Rumour - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Ok, since DW and I just went a couple weeks ago, DD is non nudging me to go in..... as luck would have it..... August or September.

So here's my question.... If I already have my trip scheduled including the DDP, and the rumor happens to come true, with the "free" part be reflected on my total. Or does it only apply to trips schedule AFTER they announce it (if they do at all). Does it apply to all reservations made, or is it selective on some other criteria?

We haven't decided if we're actually going, but the gears are turning in my brain and the potential to save those dollars could make a difference in the ultimate decision.
    Marker from MO

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I keep checking this forum every morning and night to see if anyone has any inside scoop. I am really looking forward to this- question to you.....if it is the same as last year with the 5 nights 6 days free dining, can you book two weeks of that? Can I book for 11 nights, 12 days? I hope we find out soon!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

has anyone figured out the costs?
    rack rate w free dining vs room costs w potential discounts?
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    I PM'd you a breakdown of the most recent offers - AAA 20% room discount, Disney 40% room discount & Free DDP, based on 7day/6night stay, Value Season, all 3 resort types.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    So here's my question.... If I already have my trip scheduled including the DDP, and the rumor happens to come true, with the "free" part be reflected on my total. Or does it only apply to trips schedule AFTER they announce it (if they do at all). Does it apply to all reservations made, or is it selective on some other criteria?
    If you book before the announcement is made, you would have to cancel your current reservation and rebook in order for the free DDP discount to be applied to your reservation. This is where booking with Magical Journeys helps as they do that for you automatically. Whatever discount they are going to offer for the fall - free DDP or something else - it should be announced in the next couple of weeks.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    I broke this down for our family. It depends on the rack rate of the resort, the number of nights, and how much you believe that you would spend on dining by paying OOP or on the DDP. I looked at everywhere we planned on eating and estimated the amount we would spend if eating on the free DDP. I kept this amount the same if we were paying OOP. We are staying in a courtyard WL room and found that if we were on free dining, we would save about $200 more than if we had a 40% AP discount for the 8 nights. But using the DDE card with the AP would knock off about another $100 for us. So really are savings are just about $100 on free dining. And if we were staying at a more expensive deluxe resort then the 40% AP would certainly be a better savings.
    Mike

Trips: 1983,1986,1988,1991 - Off-site
    Jan 2001 - WL
    Nov 2004 - WL

Sep 2005 - AKL
    Sep 2007 - Poly
    May 2009 - CBR
    May 2010 - Poly
    Oct 2010 - Pop
    May 2012 - BC
    Next trip May 2014 - BC

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    If you book before the announcement is made, you would have to cancel your current reservation and rebook in order for the free DDP discount to be applied to your reservation. This is where booking with Magical Journeys helps as they do that for you automatically. Whatever discount they are going to offer for the fall - free DDP or something else - it should be announced in the next couple of weeks.
    That is not true. If you booked through WDW Central Reservations all you need do is call and ask them to update your reservation with the new offer. I did this two years ago and they actually refunded a few dollars due to the change in package price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BMan62 View Post
    That is not true. If you booked through WDW Central Reservations all you need do is call and ask them to update your reservation with the new offer. I did this two years ago and they actually refunded a few dollars due to the change in package price.
    It's the same basic procedure. You still have to call WDW central reservation and get them to change/update/rebook, etc. I can't say personally what the current policy is having not done that myself, but I can confirm that several folks last summer talked about getting a new confirmation number when they changed to the new discount.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Default FREE Dining PLan

Hello, good news, we just booked our trip to DW from 9-14-07 to 9-22-07 because the FREE DDP will be offered at that time. We received a AAA newsletter in the mail today and it advertises the Stay, play and Dine promotion from Aug. 5 to Oct. 3 2007. Our DW reservationist told us that if we booked today we would be eligible for the FREE dining promo, we just have to call back and have it added because it is not in their system yet. He told us it will be comming up in a few days to a week. We booked the Pop Century/ 9 days/ 8 nights/ Standard room/ All tickets with park hopper option and water park and more option for 2 adults and 2 children( age 9 and 12) and FREE DDP and free magical express for $1955.80. WOW what a deal!

Post Thanks / Like

we are going in december this year....do disney ever give december discounts..? as we are from the uk we can't do AAA or florida resident etc...do they give the free dining plan ? we are going dec1st til dec 15th.
    1997....disneyland paris
    2002.....disneyland paris

2004...disneyland california
    2005....disneyworld orlando
    2006....disneyworld orlando

2007.....disneyworld Orlando..Caribbean Beach Resort
    december 2009...villa for christmas
    Disneyland paris October 2013 ...sequoia lodge

Post Thanks / Like

we called disney reservations and aaa and neither know anything od the free dining this year. we did the free dining last year and sure hope for it to happen again this year!

Post Thanks / Like

was that for december or october that you had the frre plan?
    1997....disneyland paris
    2002.....disneyland paris

2004...disneyland california
    2005....disneyworld orlando
    2006....disneyworld orlando

2007.....disneyworld Orlando..Caribbean Beach Resort
    december 2009...villa for christmas
    Disneyland paris October 2013 ...sequoia lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Default FREE Disney Dining PLan

From Aug. 5, 2007 til Oct. 3, 2007. We just booked our trip and the DW reservationist told us that is was going into effect in the next couple days to a week. YOu have to schedule your trip between those dates to get the FREE DDP for everyone in your group for the entire length of stay. You have to specifically ask about the promotion they will not volunteer any info. This is advertised in our AAA newsletter that we got today, but you do NOT have to be a AAA member to get this promotion. MikeB

Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping this is accurate info- we are going to Port Orleans Riverside from 9/11-9/16 and free dining would really make my hubby happy. It's kind of the selling point for him as I am the one pushing this trip before nd our twins turn 3 and we have to pay for them!!

Karin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb1967 View Post
    From Aug. 5, 2007 til Oct. 3, 2007. We just booked our trip and the DW reservationist told us that is was going into effect in the next couple days to a week. YOu have to schedule your trip between those dates to get the FREE DDP for everyone in your group for the entire length of stay. You have to specifically ask about the promotion they will not volunteer any info. This is advertised in our AAA newsletter that we got today, but you do NOT have to be a AAA member to get this promotion. MikeB
    Cool. Can you tell us what AAA newsletter it is in? What AAA region? I expect this announcement to hit Disney Visa within 7-8 days and the public a couple days after that. Those dates make sense with the new Value season. Thanks!
    Steve "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey"
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Travel Agents

Does anyone know if travel agents can set this up now as well, or do you have to go directly through Disney until it is offically annouced?

Also where are these things officially annouced, I am both a AAA member and a Disney Visa card holder and I have not heard about it anywhere.
    March 1996 - Dixie Landings
    March 2004 - Pop Century
    September 2007 - Honeymoon - AKL
    October 2008 - Family Trip - Coronado Springs
    Christmas 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
    November 2012 - PO French Quarter
    September 2014 - Carribean Beach
    May 2015 - PO Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jpcns50 View Post
    Does anyone know if travel agents can set this up now as well, or do you have to go directly through Disney until it is offically annouced?

Also where are these things officially annouced, I am both a AAA member and a Disney Visa card holder and I have not heard about it anywhere.
    No one can set this up until it is officially annouced. Disney Visa holders typically get first shot for a couple days.

You will see it here first. Magical Journeys will be allowed to publish it first and Intercot will put it on the front page. They did it last year on April 1st.
    Steve "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey"
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nellyj View Post
    we are going in december this year....do disney ever give december discounts..? as we are from the uk we can't do AAA or florida resident etc...do they give the free dining plan ? we are going dec1st til dec 15th.
    Yes, there will absolutely be a discount of some sort for December. Not free dining as that has traditionally been an August-September thing, though it has NOT been officially released/announced yet for this year, though the rumor mill is flying wildly as you can tell. They usually release the November/December discounts in August or September. However, you can go ahead and book your trip now and adjust your package when the discounts come out.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

My husband and I (adult only trip) went to Disney last year during Free Dining and it was great! It was a bit eerie to have the parks basically to ourselves. We walked straight onto Splash Mountain and were the only two people on the boat, only one's on the boat for Pirates of the Caribbean and there were only two other people in front of us on Space Mountain. Dumbo didn't even have a line. The longest wait was for Everest and that was 15 minutes. AK was also the most crowded the week we were there. We're so hoping for Free Dining again this year especially since we're taking the kids this year. If we're able to use Free Dining this will save us at least $1,365.00 since the children are considered adults. Not to mention we can choose anything we want to eat and not have to nickel and dime to get the cheapest meal possible if paying out of pocket. No pb&j's this trip please!

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if we can use this for a 12 day stay and double the amount of time?
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: