Quantcast Sad to post, my niece Lindsey passed away last week

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sad to post, my niece Lindsey passed away last week

For all of you who remember my sweet 21 year old niece Lindsey who has been battling an aggressive cancer, she earned her angel wings last tuesday. Thank you all who helped me make her November Disney trip one of the greatest weeks in her life(and mine as well). Actually that week we went was her last 'good' week, I will always be so thankful to my husband for letting me go and just spend as much money as we wanted to make it even more magical.
    MK 1980 FOUR hours(July & 105) * Nov 04 POLY.. with my 2 princesses *Nov 05 Contemporary *Nov 06 split stay Cont/POFQ , making memories with my 21 yr old neice who has cancer. Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007 :(
    Nov 07 WL *Nov 08 VWL *Nov 09 Bay Lake Tower WDW/DC/SW/DCL*April 2011 B2B Disney Dream

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry to hear that your neice passed away - I remember well your posts re: your trip with her, and was so glad then that you were able to do that for her - and hopeful that she would get better. I'm sure that this has not been easy for you - I just hope that the trip the two of you shared has given you a lifetime full of wonderful memories.
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your niece. Your family is in my prayers. That was great that you got to spend a "good week" in Disney.
    Deb

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry. I remember your posts very well. I'm glad that you guys had a great trip in Nov. She was lucky to have you. Prayers and for all of you.

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry. I remember your trip and your story. My oldest dd is also named Lindsey. Now that name has another special meaning. About two years ago our neighbors/friends' dd who was almost two died of cancer. It is a horrible disease. I have scans in March after ten cancer free years (I had surgery for thyroid cancer cells). I will say some prayers for you and your family.

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry for the loss of Lindsey. I also remember your trip and your posts. How wonderful that you got to spend that time together and that it was a great time- I remember reading how much you all enjoyed it. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I am happy that you have some wonderful memories together and that Lindsey will live on in your hearts and memories.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Default So sorry, I know what its like losing a niece too,,,

you were lucky you had that time together to go like that, and Im sure everyone went out of their way to make things special for her in the parks. I lost a niece who was 32 yrs old a 1 1/2 ago, she was bed ridden with Lymphadema for over 10 yrs and to me she was like my younger sister, along with her other sister who has 2 kids. Lymphadema caused her legs to swell up ike elephant legs, and when she started getting bad before she was bedridden, everyone in public made fun of her because they thought she was obese in the fat way. There were a few times I had to turn around and look at them and say she has a disease people, its not fat. It was sad all those years she was bed ridden too. So feel lucky in a sense knowing you had that time together and was able to travel with each other like that, I know she will always remain in your heart forever, and you made such good memories together!! Take care!!!!
    • 1. 1975 Disney World- offsite
    • 2. 1984 - Disney World offsite- Honeymoon
    • 3. 1991 Disney World and Disney Cruise- offsite
    • 4. Jan 07 - onsite Disney World- All Stars Movie Resort

Post Thanks / Like

i am so sorry to hear this...i remember reading your all posts about the trip and what not..im glad you got to spend some "good" time with her in disney...i know those memories and many other ones will get you through this..
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry.
    Looking Forward to the Future...
    Nah its not easy, No one said it would be,But look behind ya, yeah im still here ;-)

aka/Piratesrider

Post Thanks / Like

My sincere condolences on your loss, Scootch.
    Jane

M A S E C A !

Team Billy - "I'm OK!"

Wisconsin Rapids, WI, but hopefully in Florida soon. :)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I am soooooooo sorry!!!!

You and your family are in my prayers!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry to hear about your loss I do remember your posts on the trip and I'm so glad you got to go and share that time with her.
    Keeping you and yours in my thoughts and prayers
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

Your post's from last fall, and this update are screaming to me, and many others that we need to say and do the things that mean so much while we have the chance.

Your update is appreciated. Many prayers to you and the rest of your family. God bless you.
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

I am SO sorry for your loss.
    April

Remy: You gotta taste this! This is... oh, it's got this kind of... mmm, it's burny, it's melty... it's not really a smoky taste. It's kind of like a certain... Pshah! It's got like this " Ba-boom! Zap!" kind of taste. Dont you think? What would you call that flavor?
    Emile: Lightningy?

Post Thanks / Like

Bless you and your family during this time. I'm so sorry for the loss of your niece.
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry about the loss of your niece. I remember those posts and kept hoping we'd see some where she was getting better. I'm so glad you were able to give her those happy times in Disney last fall.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

pogo Guest

My heart is heavy with the pain of your loss. But your loss is Gods gain. And now you have another angel in heaven to help you get there.

God bless, Pogo.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. Somehow sorry just does not seem like enough to say. I'm so glad you had the chance for that wonderful trip with her. Please take comfort in the fact that you gave her lots of love and it sounds like you were a wonderful aunt. I know nothing I can say will be enough to ease your pain so I will just wish you the strength to get through this difficult time and remember that we are all here for you if you are having a rough day.
    I think we should all give our loved ones a special hug today in honor of Lindsey. And here is a big group hug from all all us for you scootch.
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.
    It is so neat that you have the memories of your trip with her to cherish though.

Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: