Quantcast Healthy Living Club-March - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aprilisis View Post
    I have been doing well so far with eating & cardio, but I am having a problem with weights. I do free weights for my arms, and they don't really hurt the next day. I have 8 lb. weights & I do at least 3 sets of 15 reps & I get tired- but I am not really sore the next day. What do you think I am doing wrong?
    You know it may be a good sign that your not too sore. After all who wants to hurt?
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Weights

Try to go slowwwwwer. Makes those muscles work a little harder. Moderate lifting up, sloooooow going back down. The more control you have the more the muscles work.
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice, Janet- I will definitely try that tonight.
    April

Remy: You gotta taste this! This is... oh, it's got this kind of... mmm, it's burny, it's melty... it's not really a smoky taste. It's kind of like a certain... Pshah! It's got like this " Ba-boom! Zap!" kind of taste. Dont you think? What would you call that flavor?
    Emile: Lightningy?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hi, I've been gone for a while but I just wanted to weigh in (snicker) and let you all know how I've been doing lately.
    Last May I joined Weight Watchers after hearing Dr. Phil make the statement to not worry about not being motivated, but to start eating correctly and the motivation would come.
    I decided to pick a very moderate goal of one pound per week to lose. So far I have lost 54 pounds in just over 40 weeks. . I now have another 16 to 32 pounds more to lose and I have the knowledge that I can do it. And believe me if this out of shape, old lady can do this anyone can.
    I'm so glad this dicussion has been retitled the Healthy Living Club, I really do believe good health is an amazing motivator.
    Hopefully there will be less of me the next time I check in.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuckRocks View Post
    Hi, I've been gone for a while but I just wanted to weigh in (snicker) and let you all know how I've been doing lately.
    Last May I joined Weight Watchers after hearing Dr. Phil make the statement to not worry about not being motivated, but to start eating correctly and the motivation would come.
    I decided to pick a very moderate goal of one pound per week to lose. So far I have lost 54 pounds in just over 40 weeks. . I now have another 16 to 32 pounds more to lose and I have the knowledge that I can do it. And believe me if this out of shape, old lady can do this anyone can.
    I'm so glad this dicussion has been retitled the Healthy Living Club, I really do believe good health is an amazing motivator.
    Hopefully there will be less of me the next time I check in.

Wow that's fantastic! Good for you!!
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! That's awesome. Keep it up!!

We weighed in today at WW. I had to travel for business most of the week and was totally expecting a gain. I tried to eat as healthy as I could, but when you eat out all three meals, that gets tough. Anyway, it was another loss. Not much, but when you are anticipating a gain, the small loss is amazing.
    May 2007 - WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I am sooo glad I found this thread!

As a single mom, I have been having a hard time getting myself and DD15 eating properly. I get home from work at 6pm. and to start to make a decent meal at this time means eating around 7:30. Enter the fast-food drive thru on the way home from work!!! Finally, sick of how I felt and looked (not to mention the dent these meals put in my wallet) and feeling guilty for not taking good care of my DD we came up with some weight loss/health ideas.
    1. I spend most of Sunday making meals (casseroles, etc.) that we can simply re-heat through-out the week.
    2. We both made a pact to eat ONLY when hungry. No more late night snacking or eating out of boredom (this was a huge obstacle to overcome).
    3. We go for a 1.5 kilometer walk every night, rain or shine! This will not only give us a great workout but it will also prep us for our WDW vacation in Dec.!!!

In order to motivate us, I made posters and taped them up all over the kitchen and on all of our mirrors with saying such as: you can do it!, hungry or bored?? And on some of the posters we taped photos of women (from catalogues) wearing outfits we would like to have. Not scrawny, unhealthy looking women mind you.
    I am very happy to report that I have lost 8lbs. in 2 weeks and we both feel much more energetic and happy.
    Good luck to all in your lifestyle changes and keep up healthy living!!!
    șOș KATHY, addicted since 1989 șOș

Laughter is Timeless * Imagination has no age * Dreams are forever

Next Up.....
    Nov. '09 @ Pop

September '89, offsite **October '98, offsite** April '06, Pop Century ** December '07, Pop Century ** Nov. '08, Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

You have great ideas, Kathy!! I agree that eating out of boredom is a tough thing to overcome.
    April

Remy: You gotta taste this! This is... oh, it's got this kind of... mmm, it's burny, it's melty... it's not really a smoky taste. It's kind of like a certain... Pshah! It's got like this " Ba-boom! Zap!" kind of taste. Dont you think? What would you call that flavor?
    Emile: Lightningy?

Post Thanks / Like

Well I'm still sticking with my fitness dvd so far so good.

And Kathy you may also want to look into something like a slowcooker for soups and similar things. The newer ones are worlds better then the old ones used to be.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Hello! New to this thread but REALLY need to be here. Have struggled a long time and really want to get smaller and healthier. Going to WDW on Nov and hoping to be in good shape and good weight to eat/do everything I want while there. Looking forward to support and thankful to all the suggestions posted already. Good luck to all!

Post Thanks / Like

Yay! I had no idea this thread existed! I am currently trying to lose baby weight and quit smoking weight (from 5 years ago). When I began I had 63 pounds to lose. Happy to say I have lost 18 of those.

I joined LA Weightloss in late January and I'm loving it! I have always worked out but my diet never matched up so I would only lose so much and then would hit a plateau.

Anyway, I'm glad to know there are fellow intercotees out there who are going through similar challenges. Hope everyone is having a good month so far!
    Alicia

1980 & 1984 - Off site
    1990 & May 2009 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    Jan 2001 (honeymoon) and Nov 2004 - Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2005 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Sept 2007 - Polynesian Resort

Next Trip: May 2010 - Polynesian (for our 10 year anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bringonthemouse! View Post
    3. We go for a 1.5 kilometer walk every night, rain or shine! This will not only give us a great workout but it will also prep us for our WDW vacation in Dec.!!!
    Team work always helps loads! I have been trying to go to the gym, but it is so hard to just motivate myself. You are so lucky to have a DD that is just as up for getting into good shape as you are. It helps not only your bod, but helps you both bond.

Hopefully the motivation I need I can get from the positive comments of my fellow Intercotees.

At this point, I am 15 pounds lighter than last year...10 more to go!
    Aug 2006-POFQ & MWC
    Feb 2007-DL
    Jan 2008-POP/DCL
    Sept 2009-Cont
    May 2010-POP
    May 2011-Poly/YC
    Sept 2011-Cont
    April 2012-POP
    Jan 2013- AKL
    Sept 2013- BLT/Swan
    Upcoming Trips
    April 2015- Cont/BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ugh

Man I just haven't been living that healthy lately. I think I have been avoiding this thread. I actually have been doing GREAT on my walking but i have been eating terrible and probably indulging in a few too many as well. Hopefully I can get back on the right track soon as bathing suit season has already started here!!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: