Quantcast Southwest Question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Southwest Question

We leave in 3 days and have a question about Southwest check in process. I understand the A, B, C boarding passes, however, need to know when they can be printed. I need to know if it is exactly 24 hours before departure or midnight the day before. I also would like to know if return boarding passes can be printed at the Polynesian, thanks

HARRY
    1993 Disneyland 1 Day Trip
    2005 Disney World Beach Club
    2006 Disney World Boardwalk
    2007 Disney World Polynesian
    2010 Grand Floridian

Next Trip:
    Currently Being Discussed

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Excatly 24 hours before departure you are able to print your boarding passes. We had our return passes printed at the concierge desk in the lobby of the Poly for our return trip. Years ago you were bale to print them at midnight but the 24 hour window is much better. Just don't forget to get them to return home. I was about 6 hours late because I forgot and we ended up in c group.

Post Thanks / Like

FYI - this past November we stayed at the BC and were at the Magic Kingdom at the 24 hour mark, I was able to go to Guest Services at the front of MK and they printed out our boarding passes for us, that way we didn't have to rush back to the hotel in hopes of getting an "A" boarding pass. What great service!
    Jeri Lynn

Fantasy 9/18 Dream 5/16 Fantasy 9/15 Wonder 10/14 Dream BCV ~ 12/09, BC ~9/18, 12/17 10/15 10/12 11/11 10/10 10/08, 11/07, 9/07, 11/06, 9/06, 12/05, 12/04, 9/04, 9/03, 9/02, 9/01, 12/2000, 9/99
    YC 9/16
    AKL 12/05, 9/05, 11/13
    DXL 9/98
    CBR 9/96
    DXL 5/93
    Off-site 1984, 1908

Post Thanks / Like

I'm suprised guest services at the MK did that. I was at DTD and tried printing out my boarding pass at guest services and they wouldn't do it.
    College Program Spring 05
    6/92-Tree House Villas
    5/98-Poly
    5/01-ASM
    1/05-Pop
    3/05-OKW
    5/05-SS
    5/06-ASMus
    1/07- Honeymoon at the Boardwalk!
    6/07- OKW
    11/07-Babymoon Pop/Poly
    12/08-Christmas at the Poly! DS 1st Christmas and Disney Trip!

Post Thanks / Like

I had guest services at the Magic Kingdom print mine a few weeks ago. They were very gracious, did it right away and it only took a minute or two.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Can they print out your boarding pass even if you have luggage to check or are they only able to print it out if you are traveling with only carry-on items?

Post Thanks / Like

Online check-in has nothing to do with checked bags. Everyone can do online check-in. If you have bags to check, you do that when you show up at the airport.

Post Thanks / Like

I was at Epcot this past weekend and Guest Services allowed me to print my SW boarding passes there. They were extremely helpful and friendly as always.

It is exactly 24 hours ahead. If you try to print 24 hours and 1 minute it will not work!
    '92 Port Orleans, '94 Condo/Off Site, '97 All Star Sports, '01 All Star Movies, '04 Pop Century, '07 Off Site, '07 All Star Music, '09 April Pop Century, '10 Pop Century, '12 All Star Sports,'14 AoA, '15 POP, '17 POP
    "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep." Cinderella

Post Thanks / Like

If you are going to check in while in a park - make sure you bring your confirmation # with you. You can also check in yourself if you have a cellphone capable of accessing the internet. Go to mobile.southwest.com.
    Lisa Marie

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, to be particular, it is 23 hours and 59 seconds! I tried last year (we were in a bit of a panic, lol, my Dad had no power to check in and my Mom was trying to say goodbye literally at the 24 hours mark) and it didn't work until one minute after the 24 hour mark. Just so you don't panic as I did and think it isn't going to work! You can also just check in and have your passes printed at the airport, if I'm not mistaken, both going and returning. Another idea is to sign up on your cell phone, have your confirmation numbers with you, and you can check in that way (you have to have internet connection however) and then have the passes printed at the airport. We set ourselves and alarm and checked in from the petting zoo at Animal Kingdom, lol. If you have any question, PM me and I'll send anyone a link to the phone online checkin.
    Star light, star bright,
    first star I see tonight.
    I wish I may, I wish I might,
    have the wish, I wish tonight.
    We'll make a wish, and do as dreamers do,
    and all our wishes,
    will come true.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeri Lynn View Post
    FYI - this past November we stayed at the BC and were at the Magic Kingdom at the 24 hour mark, I was able to go to Guest Services at the front of MK and they printed out our boarding passes for us, that way we didn't have to rush back to the hotel in hopes of getting an "A" boarding pass. What great service!
    A couple of questions regarding the online check in at the parks...

1. Is this service available at all the parks? (So far in this thread I see it is available at MK and Epcot.)

2. Do they do this for any park guest that asks, or do you have to be staying on property to receive this service? (We are staying in a condo off property, but I am sure we will be in one of the parks 24 hours before we fly home.)
    Disneyland - Only 70 Miles from the Original
    Too many times to count, but at least once a year since 1970 (AP 1995 and 2004)
    2007~We're AP holders again!

WDW

May 1990
    Surprise the kids Trip - June 2005 Grovesner
    Last Trip - May 8-16, 2007 Surprised the kids AGAIN!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! That is great to know, I always just checked in when we got back to the lobby that night, it was always A or B and it worked out for us. But if we can do that at the parks with guest services, even better. Yet another perk of WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

Question More Questions...

I'm just gonna bump this as it is about to 'fall off' page one and I really really need to know the answers...

Quote Originally Posted by DMApixie View Post
    A couple of questions regarding the online check in at the parks...

1. Is this service available at all the parks? (So far in this thread I see it is available at MK and Epcot.)

2. Do they do this for any park guest that asks, or do you have to be staying on property to receive this service? (We are staying in a condo off property, but I am sure we will be in one of the parks 24 hours before we fly home.)
    I have one more question about Southwest's boarding pass check in. If we have to change planes (we do), do we get a boarding pass that corresponds to the original boarding pass, or are we destined to board last on the second plane? I.e., if we get an A on the 1st plane, do we 'automatically' get an A for the 2nd?

Thanks all!!!
    Disneyland - Only 70 Miles from the Original
    Too many times to count, but at least once a year since 1970 (AP 1995 and 2004)
    2007~We're AP holders again!

WDW

May 1990
    Surprise the kids Trip - June 2005 Grovesner
    Last Trip - May 8-16, 2007 Surprised the kids AGAIN!!

Post Thanks / Like

If we have to change planes (we do), do we get a boarding pass that corresponds to the original boarding pass, or are we destined to board last on the second plane? I.e., if we get an A on the 1st plane, do we 'automatically' get an A for the 2nd? [/COLOR][/COLOR]

Thanks all!!!
    Once when I had a connecting flight I had an A on one flight and a B on another...but it is possible I'm sure to have A or B on both! Just luck of the draw!...or mouse click
    College Program Spring 05
    6/92-Tree House Villas
    5/98-Poly
    5/01-ASM
    1/05-Pop
    3/05-OKW
    5/05-SS
    5/06-ASMus
    1/07- Honeymoon at the Boardwalk!
    6/07- OKW
    11/07-Babymoon Pop/Poly
    12/08-Christmas at the Poly! DS 1st Christmas and Disney Trip!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just gonna bump this as it is about to 'fall off' page one and I really really need to know the answers...

I have one more question about Southwest's boarding pass check in. If we have to change planes (we do), do we get a boarding pass that corresponds to the original boarding pass, or are we destined to board last on the second plane? I.e., if we get an A on the 1st plane, do we 'automatically' get an A for the 2nd?

Thanks all!!!
    You need separate boarding passes for each flight so you'd have to get your boarding passes at the 24 hour mark for each segment. In the days before you could do this on-line and had to show up at the airport, we had a connecting flight. Our original flight came in very late so we, of course, ended up with C passes. In fact, because they also changed gates on us, we were one of the last ones to board and ended up in different sections of the plane.
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

When we booked my flight online through Southwest, and had to change planes, we were issued a set of boarding passes for both flights when I checked in online. We had A's for both planes, and didn't have to do the online check in twice. That was in Feb. '06, so I don't know if it has changed in the last year or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWfeelslikehome View Post
    When we booked my flight online through Southwest, and had to change planes, we were issued a set of boarding passes for both flights when I checked in online. We had A's for both planes, and didn't have to do the online check in twice. That was in Feb. '06, so I don't know if it has changed in the last year or not.
    You're probably more up to date than I am! Thanks!
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

If I'm not mistaken, you can online check-in for your Southwest flight from any internet connected computer and choose not to print the boarding passes at that time (you still get your A, B, C at this time). Then when you get to the airport, you put your credit card in the kiosk and get the real passes. Does this sound correct??

You may have had the midnight vs. 24 hr. confusion because Southwest USED TO have online checkin at midnight for their flights, but they changed it a couple of years back to 24 hrs. before your flight.

Post Thanks / Like

So for those 7 am departures what do we do? Have to wait until MK opens at least, I guess.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

Most resorts will gladly print off your boarding passes for you. CBR printed off ours with no trouble at all!
    Meg
    DVC Owner at AKV and BCV
    Upcoming Trips
    6/11--AKV & BCV with Kim & Gary
    8/11--Alaska on the Disney Wonder
    6/12--AKV with Jess, BCV just the two of us
    6/14--AKV & BCV just the two of us

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: