Quantcast celebritiy encounters? - Page 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I write for a website. I wrote about 10 celebrities whose deaths surprised me. At the top of the list, I write about Jim Henson. My encounter with him at Walt Disney World is written about in that article.

He's the only celebrity I've had significant contact with during all my trips to Disney, but still, it's really cool.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff
    Last edited by Carol; 09-25-2007 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Terms of Service

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHMCWYG View Post
    I write for a website. I wrote about 10 celebrities whose deaths surprised me. At the top of the list, I write about Jim Henson. My encounter with him at Walt Disney World is written about in that article.
    That is awesome. I would've loved to meet Jim Henson. He and his work have been such an inspiration to me throughout my life.
    Last edited by Carol; 09-25-2007 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Edited quote reference
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff T View Post
    In May 2004 we were staying at the Disney Beach Club Resort. One morning during breakfast at the Cape May Cafe, we noticed Mariah Carey sitting at a table next to us with several young kids and personal body guards. Whe was gorgeous (I'm keeping the post G-rated), and dressed in a swimsuit bikini with a see-thru robe. After breakfast she signed autographs and talked briefly with other guests in the lobby before leaving the resort in a large white van. Mariah and all the kids were going to Typhoon Lagoon for the day. Many Dads were wishing they were one of the kids invited to swimming with Mariah that day!
    I also spotted her on this day, only I literally ran into her. Like....not watching where I was going. And I was like why does she look familiar, and I kept wondering....and wondering....and then I was like...Oh! Mariah!

I've spotted Chris Rock at the Beach Club as well. Briefly saw Johnny, from a very long distance at Floridian. I was at the Contemporary when Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie were there but I didn't get a chance to see them. Saw Michael J. Fox and his family at Fantasmic. I've also spotted (and this makes me happy) Scott McNeil!!!!!! He's a voice actor for various anime and television series and my ultimate favorite VA. He was suprised I actually knew who he was and he was in front of me at Splash Mtn.

I'm not one to get excited at celebrities. I know they are people too, and they want to enjoy their vacations. But I will talk to them if it's not bothering them.

Post Thanks / Like

I have met Don Knotts at the Studios before a interview. And met Danielle Fishel and Ben Savage during Easter/25th Anniversary Parade at the MK. Man was it ever crowded that day. I have this great photo of Danielle & Ben with the family. My kids just loved "Boy Meets World" at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

We saw Whoopi Goldberg at Splash Mountain a few years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never met anyone famous at the parks, but due to the way I look I keep getting mistaken for someone every time I go. I've seen people taking photos of me, people videotaping me, pointing, following me....

I just wish one of them would actually come up and tell me who they thought I was!

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I saw John Ritter filming a 4th of July special outside of the Liberty Tree Tavern and Kelly Ripa and Gelman taping up the back stairs of Cinderella's Castle during a fitness challenge they did a few years ago. She was really nice and asked my youngest son to join her up the staircase, but he was too shy and declined!
    10/91-Honeymoon YC Concierge
    6/92, 5/93, 9/95, 9/99-YC
    9/00-BWI,YC
    6/01-AKL,YC
    9/02-BCV,YC
    5/03-BCV
    8/03-WLV,BWV
    1/04-HH,BWV,OKW
    6/04, 5/05-BWV
    8/05, 11/07-SSR
    2/09-BCV
    11/09-BCV
    5/11-AKL
    4/12-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Pagen, Thats so funny! My son-in-law always gets a double take and girls point and stare as he is a dead-ringer for Justin Timberlake. He could be his twin they look so much alike.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    I've never met anyone famous at the parks, but due to the way I look I keep getting mistaken for someone every time I go. I've seen people taking photos of me, people videotaping me, pointing, following me....

I just wish one of them would actually come up and tell me who they thought I was!
    I checked out your homepage, which must be your band's homepage, to see if I could figure out who you might look like, but I don't know which one of the guys you are. One of the guys looks a little like Adam Sandler as "Opera Man". Since most of the guys have long rocker hair, that might why people assume you are famous? Good luck with your band!

"I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mousefever View Post
    I checked out your homepage, which must be your band's homepage, to see if I could figure out who you might look like, but I don't know which one of the guys you are. One of the guys looks a little like Adam Sandler as "Opera Man". Since most of the guys have long rocker hair, that might why people assume you are famous? Good luck with your band!

LMAO!!! I can't wait to tell him he looks like "Opera Man". More than likely that's my keyboardist Tony you're talking about.

I'm the bassist. More often than not, I hear "Nikki Sixx" when people see me.

Wish I had his money.

Thanx for the well wishes

Post Thanks / Like

Years ago we saw Oprah Winfrey. We couldn't get to close because she was getting pictures with a couple with their wedding cake. I think she was down with a bunch of her audience members.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Two or three years ago, we were at the face painting tent at ToonTown, We heard some commotion and saw people pointing at someone. I looked down the walkway at who they were pointing at and saw a tall black man with long hair walking away toward the Tea Cups. I asked a CM who it was, and she said it was James Brown.
    [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

I don't want to spoil a memory for you, but if he was tall. it was not James Brown.
    James was pretty short, even with platforms.

I once used a urinal in the World Showcase next to wrestler Ric Flair.

He didn't wash his hands.
    FatherForce
    91 - Off site
    94 - Dixie Landings
    95 - Wilderness Lodge
    97 - Grand Floridian
    01 - Boardwalk/Animal Kingdom Lodge
    03 - AKL/Polynesian
    04 - AKL/All Star Movies
    05 - Grand Californian
    06 - WL/3 Day Disney Cruise
    07- Dixie Landings (PORS)
    09 - Ploy
    Jan 7-12 2013 - CBR

Post Thanks / Like

A few years ago we saw Kathy Ireland at MK. My wife didn't know who she was, but all my male friends were excited to hear my story when I returned to work.

In a related matter (and I apologize for getting slightly off topic), Keanu Reeves was sitting in front of us at the Nebraska-USC game last weekend in Lincoln. He had a full beard and his hat pulled down low and most people didn't recognize him for awhile. He was very quiet but very polite. We were talking to his friends quite awhile before my son recognized him. You wouldn't believe how many Moms who don't care about football wanted to hear my story when they found out about it. Mark
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

I was in Animal Kingdom the day before Super Soap was to start and found myself in a food line in front of Ingo Rademacher (General Hospital). He was wearing a knit cap & sunglasses and it seemed obvious that he was trying not to be noticed. I did not approach him feeling that this was the purpose of Super Soap and I would get my chance then. I took SOOOO much grief from DH (soon to be ex-DH) for not trying to talk to him. Gee, what was I thinking. I just wanted to be nice and respect someones right to hang out and have fun just like those of us that are not celebrities!

Post Thanks / Like

I saw and introduced myself to Deb Wills from AllEars.Net outside Soarin' last January!
    Previous trips:

Nov 2000, Oct 2002 - WL
    Dec 2002 - CSR (conf.)
    Feb 2004 - AKL
    Feb 2005, Jan 2007 - POR
    Oct 2007 - CSR (conf.)
    Oct 2008 - POP (pre-conf. visit)
    Oct 2009 - BV Suites (conf.)
    Oct 2010 - POR
    Nov 2010 - BV Suites (conf.)
    June 2012 - POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FatherForce View Post
    I once used a urinal in the World Showcase next to wrestler Ric Flair.

He didn't wash his hands.
    Jenn

1974 * 1985 * 1993 * 1997 * 1997 * 2000 * 2002 * 2004 * 2005
    Oct 06 CBR/AKL
    Dec 06 ASM
    Oct 07 POP
    June 08 POFQ
    Sept 08 SSR
    Jan 09 SSR
    May/June 09 BCV/AKV
    Aug 09 AKV
    Oct 09 AKV
    Christmas 09 BLT
    May/June 2011 CBR
    May/June 2012 AKV

Post Thanks / Like

A former boss of mine said he and his family rode the Jungle Cruise with Demi Moore and her family. It was post-Bruce Willis and pre-Ashton Kutcher.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Go Colts!

In Feb of this year, my friends and I sat one row above this guy with LOTS of bling (a 5" all 'diamond' state of TX was on a chain around his neck) at the ESPN Club.

Turns out, it was Dominc Rhodes formerly (now) of the then one week old World Champion Indianapolis Colts.

The odd part about the whole thing - all 3 of us are from Indy!
    --
    1978 - Off Site
    2005 - AS - Movies
    2005 - WL (Honeymoon)
    2005 - Off Site
    2006 - AS - Sports
    2007 - Pop
    2007/2008 - Pop & WL

Post Thanks / Like

I was there for work and every morning I went to the fitness center and Mary Lou Retton was there. I ran into her every morning, usually it was just the two of us. I didn't bother her (I wouldn't interrupt anyones workout) other than to say good morning etc

On my last day we both went for the same machine and I backed off and motioned her to go ahead. She thanked me and I could not resist and said "God bless us, every one"

She laughed and told me that was the first Scrooged reference she'd gotten and appreciated it. I told her I loved the movie and felt she carried Bill Murraya. We both had a laugh and went back to our workout.
    A bad day at DisneyWorld beats a good day...well, just about anywhere

Post Thanks / Like

Several people have mentioned seeing Ron Jeremy at the parks. I think I did, too. Me and my brother were walking off Splash Mountain in 2000 and we thought we saw Ron walking towards it. He had a good-looking woman with him. We looked at him and would've gone up to him, but I was 17 then and my brother was 15 then, so it probably would've thrown him off. We just looked at him, he smiled at us and gestured to the woman next to him.

I'll be 25 when we take our next trip. If I see him there, I think I might want to ask him for his autograph, being totally discreet, of course.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: