Quantcast If you had to demolish a ride from each park what would it be? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Remember the children!!

I am reading all of the prior posts and I'm almost crying here with the responses... I can't believe the following choices for the following reasons....I realize they are opinions, but come on people!!!

AK:regarding Pochahontas-does everyone realize that WDW lists her as a "princess" but the only place that you can find her is at AK. My daughter loves her and we can hardly find any merchandise on this WDW princess...not even at AK. Get rid of Dinosaur. I have seen grown men scared from this ride!

MK:The Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse-yes it's old and you climb it, but it's such a good old classic Disney movie. I agree with the Speedway....I don't get the Speedway and Disney-please show me the connection

MGM-I TOTALLY AGREE with Sounds Dangerous. Just returned from this show last week. Total waste of waiting in line and then 11 minutes of a "show" which I use the term losely!

EPCOT-I like everything here, but Ellen was kind of weird.

Just my 2 cents...
    Tammy

Prior Trips:
    Dec 5-11, 2007 CBR
    Jan 16-22, 2007 Pop
    Jan, 2006 CBR
    Many trips as child

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

MK---Snow White

Epcot--Mission Space

MGM--Indy

AK--Primevil Whirl
    Jerry

"I only hope we never lose sight of one thing..that it was all started by a mouse."--Walt Disney

Our favorite trip...the NEXT one!

Post Thanks / Like

Default What a truely horrible question.

Quote Originally Posted by goofyrules
    O.k, You are being forced to take away one ride/show from each park, which would you demolish?

Mk:Its a small world, I know it is very popular, but for me it is a scary torture ride!!!
    Epcot:That Ellen Degenerous dinasour ride, sorry, I can't remember the name!!!
    MGM:Voyage of the little mermaid
    AK: That meet and greet place in camp minnie mickey
    Wow. I think the correct thing to say here, is "Which ride do you avoid?", not what ride should be taken down. Sorry, but maybe you just don't see the park through the same eyes as my 5 and 7 year olds .... but Small World is one of my youngest son's favorites, Universe of Energy taught my oldest son a lot while being enjoyable, they both love the little mermaid, and sorry ... if you want family photo ops with characters... hitting camp mickey/minnie durring a Lion King show lets you get some great shots with minimal lines. So ... if you were king for the day .... you would wipe out several of my family's favorite attractions.

I guess they built the parks for lots of people, different ages, different abilities to dream. Speedway is a "waste of space", and if you just drove 1,000 miles to get to Disney I understand the less than overwhelming appeal of a "pretend race car" ... but to a 7 year old boy who gets his first chance to "drive" a "real car" and race other people (and yes, they do "race" even if the car behind them has no chance of passing.... it is kinda cool. It was when I was 7, and is now that my oldest son is 7.
    For the idea that there are too many "flying in a circle rides" (AKA Dumbo, Aladin, those dinosaurs), I guess I would only ask that you check out the line at Dumbo sometime. Sorry, when you have people waiting for 45 minutes or longer for a 1 minute ride, the thought of stripping some of the "copy" rides that distribute the people throughout the worlds sounds ludicrous to me.

Change the topic to rides I avoid .... great discussion. But tear out rides because "I dont like them?" Wow, guess we should get rid of all eye glasses (sorry, I don't wear them), left handed baseball mitts (sorry, I am right handed), the state of New Mexico (sorry, I don't live there and can't say that I plan on going), cats (ok, here you may have a point), and people who speak French and/or Porteguese (again, not my languages). Or maybe I should just avoid these things instead. Hmmm

Rides I would avoid, by the way:
    Sounds Dangerous: Sorry, did it once many years ago, no need to go back.
    Pocho: Great for some people, not for me.

But rather than tear them down ... maybe I'll just avoid them, let the people who like them go ... and if Disney sees a big enough decline in attendance at them, they will probably make a substitution.
    Like they did for the Hunchback Musical Show (Sorry, I Miss That One).

Post Thanks / Like

I really don't want to get rid of anything. I'd like to see a lot of improvements though. Although I'm sure Stitch is going to take a lot of hits from people who visit this site. I guess if I had to pick

AK-Triceratop Spin (How many of this type of ride can there be?)
    MK-Speedway (just makes MK look like any other park)
    MGM-Sounds Dangerous (not enough room to list the reasons
    Epcot- Ellen(I like it but it's at the bottom if I have to pick)
    Lilo: You had coffee today didn't you?
    Stitch: Coconut cake and coffee!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well...

Magic Kingdom - Stitch's Great Escape

Epcot - Wonder's of Life

MGM - Sound's Dangerous

AK - Chester and Hester's Dinorama (is that the right name?)

That was rather simple!
    4/87&11/87OFF
    May & Nov88,89,90,91,and92FW
    Dec 89 OFF
    Grad Nite 93 OFF
    DEC 03-FW,FEB 04-ASMo,SEPT 04-ASMo
    NOV 04-ASMu,SEPT 05-Pop,OCT 05-ASMu
    OCT 05-AKL,NOV 05-POP,JAN 06DAY TRIP,
    FEB 06-ASMu, MAR 06-DAY TRIP, MAR 06-ASMu
    MAY 06 POFQ, NEXT JUNE 22-26! FUTURE TRIP -TDL and TDS April 2007!!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Matt's Dad. There are a few rides that I would stay away from. I wouldn't get rid of something just because I don't like it. Here is my list of rides I would avoid.

MK - Haunted Mansion
    Epcot - Honey I shrunk the Audience
    AK - Conversation Station
    MGM - Narnia
    "There's no place like Disney"

July 2005- Magical Gathering -
    Stayed @ the All Star Music

July 2006- Our first vacation with just the kids.
    Stayed @ the Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Red face My wish list

MGM - Sounds Dangerous(what were they thinking)
    AK - Conservation Station
    MK - Speedway(we could all breathe easier)
    EPCOT - Wonders of Life (Open it or Remove it)
    "We'll make a wish and do as dreamers do; and all our wishes will come true!"
    SEPt1998 - RCC - Enchantment of the Seas
    JAN2003 - WDW - ALL STAR MOVIES
    OCT2003 - RCC - Majesty of the Seas
    OCT2004 - RCC - Voyager of the Seas
    JAN'05-SEPT'07 - 4 TRIPS to POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, so hard....
    MK - Swiss Family Tree House
    Epcot - Wonders of Life - the whole thing!
    MGM - Backlot Tour - it's getting shorter everytime I go back.
    AK - Only was there once to see Tarzan Rocks and then we left, so I can't really say much about that.
    VMK: RoyalRoseBlue

10 trips before 2000
    2000 - All Star Sports (Senior Trip)
    2001 - CP CM @ CBR

Post Thanks / Like

MK - Speedway!!!!!!!
    Epcot - JIYI
    MGM - Sounds Dangerous
    AK - TRI SPIN
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

MK - Tomorrowland Speedway
    AK - That carnival in the parking lot
    EP - Universe of Energy
    MGM - Lights, Motors, Action Stunt Show

The thrill of driving is gone for me, and unless I see something on 4 wheels that's really unique like Test Track, I'll pass.

Post Thanks / Like

MK: Stitches Great Escape or Country Bear Jamboree... couldn't decide... i really don't like either one.

EPCOT: The Circle Of Life An Environmental Fable... i can't believe i haven't seen anyone else say this... this attraction is hooooorrible... at least i think so.

MGM: Sounds Dangerous!... Although i must say, this prob IS the best attraction if you wanna get in a quick power nap.

AK: Everything in Dinoland... it just seems sooooo outta place. each time i pass it i half expect to see carnies walking around... but i'm not gonna lie, primevil whirl is pretty fun.
    -Corey-

Excuse me? Are you lookin' at me? Did you rub my lamp? Did you wake me up? Did you bring me here? And all of a sudden you're walking out on me? I don't think so, not right now. You're getting your wishes, so sit down!

Post Thanks / Like

MK: Stitch
    Epcot: JIYI. Not that I don't like to ride it, but it could be a lot better. I almost said Mission: Space, but that is only because I want to see Horizons back.
    MGM: Star Wars. I love the theming and the idea, but if they updated the ride mechanism, it would be sooo much better.
    AK: Dinorama
    DigitalDaredevil
    VMK: EpcotRay

Post Thanks / Like

this is a hard one
    AK- Phocahontas show
    MK- Stich
    MGM- Sounds Dangerous or Narnia showcase since all it is is a 5 min. preview of the movie
    EPCOT- the norway ride

Post Thanks / Like

MK- The Speedway

Epcot- Wonders of Life (the whole thing needs a facelift or to actually be open)

MgM- Lights Motors Action (bring back the real backstage tour)

Animal Kingdom:The whole Dinorama thing
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

MK: Stitch...and I haven't even been on it!

Epcot:Test Track. *dodges rotten food thrown at her* My family and I are the only ones who just don't get the appeal of that ride.

MGM:Sounds Dangerous

AK: Eh...we could use some less trails...
    First Trip: 1986 at 6 mths. old!
    Latest Trip: February 2017

Next trip: October 1017

Stayed at: Caribbean Beach, POP Century, Wilderness Lodge, The Contemporary, The Polynesian, the Beach Club, the Yacht Club, Grand Floridian, Art of Animation, Disney DREAM

Post Thanks / Like

Default wow!

Isn't it funny how different everyone's opinion is??

I love love love the Ellen ride - its one of my favorites in all of WDW! *g*

I would get rid of:

MK: the speedway

Epcot: the making of me (I guess...... this one is difficult b/c I love everything at Epcot)

AK: hmmm....... this one is hard too - mostly because the park isn't that big! Maybe the conservation station.... but I think its such an excellent educational tool that I would hate to see it go.

MGM: that awful Drew Carey thing. Most of the time when I go in there my headphones don't even work so the whole thing is just pointless.
    PinKy
    Upcoming trips: July 2021 Big Family trip to Disney!
    Most Recent Trip: October 2020 MNSSHP Family Weekend away!
    DVC Members since 2009

Post Thanks / Like

MK: Tomorrowland Speedway ~ Great memories of this ride with my father, but it has become an eyesore.

EPCOT: Wonders of Life ~ I remember going there along time ago, but I don't remember much about it. At any rate, it is sitting there empty with no plans to re-open so why not use the space for something else.

MGM: Sounds Dangerous ~ I have never personally been to this attraction, but everyone else seems to hate it. (I guess I am a follower.) PS~ I would love to have said the hat in front of GMR but that is not a ride nor an attraction.....

AK: Expedition Everest ~ Just Kidding! I have never been to Animal Kingdom so I will remain neutral on this one!

Post Thanks / Like

Mk- Astro Orbiter or Aladdin' Magic Carpet's. Just seems to much like something you can find at any county fair.

Epcot-Honey, I Shrunk The Audience. It is just getting to outdated for me. It was fun the first few times but after a while just no good anymore.

DHS-Star Tours. Another ride I wish they would update. I love Star Wars but this ride needs improvement.

AK-The carnival type area in Dino-Rama. The times I have gone I would rarely see many people playing the Carnival Games.

I do have to add Test Track is starting to become a ride to either get rid of or find some way to keep it from breaking down. It seems to break down more and more. It seems it has almost been down every time we visit. One time it stopped 5 times while on the ride and a bunch of times it works part of the day then closes or it's just closed most of the day. I really love the ride but the break downs are ruining it for me.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

magic kingdom: its a small world

disney holloywood stuidios(always mgm to me ) :sounds dangerous

epcot:either the land,or soaring

animal kingdom: tricarotops spin
    1993-2002:various off property resorts
    2003:fort wilderness campground
    December 2007:Caribbean resort
    December 2008: port Orleans french quarter
    December 2010: Port Orleans french quarter

Post Thanks / Like

Like some other people said, I don't think i could actually tear down anything, but my least favorites are:

Magic Kingdom: speedway
    Epcot: Honey I shrunk the audience
    Animal Kingdom: triceratop spin
    Studios: sounds dangerous

I LOVE Dinosaur! and It's a Small World, and Universe of Energy!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: