Quantcast FinDING NEMO SUBMARINE VOYAGE Opening June 11, 2007

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default FinDING NEMO SUBMARINE VOYAGE Opening June 11, 2007

Disneyland Media;
    25 January 2007

Underwater Adventure Returns to Disneyland Park In Time for ‘The Year of a Million Dreams’!

ANAHEIM, Calif. – In preparation for a brand-new “E-Ticket” attraction at Disneyland, the Tomorrowland Submarine Lagoon is being transformed into the underwater habitat of Nemo, Marlin, Dory and friends for the “Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage.”

The new attraction, opening June 11, 2007 as part of “The Year of a Million Dreams” at Disneyland, will feature extensively enhanced versions of the eight original submarines from the fondly remembered “Submarine Voyage” attraction, which explored the “liquid space” of the lagoon from 1959 through 1998. “Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage” is inspired by the Disney/Pixar film, Finding Nemo.

“From the very beginning, we’ve combined new innovations with favorite stories to create magical new worlds,” declared Jay Rasulo, Chairman, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, when he unveiled plans for the attraction. “In ‘Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage,’ our guests will experience Nemo’s world in a way that has never been done before.”

As a member of the sub crew, guests will embark on an expedition to the site of an erupting undersea volcano. Soon after departure, they will be delighted to discover their favorite fish friends getting into the swim of things right alongside their submarine! Nemo and company are able to go along for the ride thanks to a stunning new animation technology developed exclusively by Walt Disney Imagineering. The Finding Nemo characters will appear exactly as they do in the film, but in a real, three-dimensional underwater setting.

Along with the improved unique underwater technology, the “Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage” will feature fully sculpted Audio-Animatronics characters, including scuba divers and the scavenging seagulls (“Mine, Mine”) from Finding Nemo.

“We are literally bringing the undersea world of Finding Nemo off the screen and into the submarine lagoon of Tomorrowland!” says Tom Fitzgerald, executive vice president and senior creative executive for Walt Disney Imagineering, creative arm for all Disney parks and resorts. “We are going to immerse our guests into an adventure that will leave them in disbelief - - they will want to experience this new attraction over and over to find out – ‘How did they do that?’”

The Finding Nemo submarine vehicles are being enhanced in a number of ways, including the addition of two extra seats and portal windows in anticipation of expanded guest interest. In a first-of-its-kind development, the submarines are being converted from the diesel power of the 1950s to a new, environmentally friendly fully electric power. With new on-board audio, guests will get to hear the sounds and voices of the underwater characters as they move alongside the submarine. These sounds are synchronized to travel along with the figures under water using a four-channel stereophonic sound system. Guests will get to eavesdrop on the exploits of Dory (Blue Tang fish), Marlin (Clown fish), Crush (Turtle), Bruce (Great White Shark) and the members of the “tank gang,” and most importantly, take part in an ever changing adventure of trying to “find” Nemo throughout the voyage.

Along the way guests will travel through colorful undersea environments created using yet another original Imagineering-developed technology. The underwater scenes will be more eye-popping than ever before thanks to custom colors created from recycled glass, providing deeper, richer hues that last longer under water. After surviving a sub-shaking volcanic eruption, the subs will dive alongside a breathtakingly beautiful coral reef where Marlin, Nemo and all their friends gather to celebrate finding Nemo at last!

Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage is one of the new immersive experiences at Disneyland during the Year of a Million Dreams celebration, which began on October 1 at Disney Parks in the United States. For 15 months, the Resort will celebrate dreams coming true, making literally millions of dreams, large and small, come true for eligible guests. Many money-can't-buy experiences—from exclusive Dream FASTPASSES for popular Disney attractions to around-the-world vacations or a stay in the special Mickey Mouse Penthouse at the Disneyland Hotel—will be awarded at random. There are other "Dreams Come True" opportunities for guests to meet and play with Disney Princesses at Disney Princess Fantasy Faire, duel with Darth Vader at Jedi Training Academy or join in the fun of the High School Musical Pep Rally. "The Year of a Million Dreams" continues throughout 2007.

--------------------------

I hope this date stays on track. I so want to see this attraction when I take my youngest to Disneyland in July.

¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well doggone... now I have to go back next year too...

......and then again in 2008 for the Toy Story ride.
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, baby!

I got to see the WDW Nemo ride at Epcot during soft opening, and now I'll get to ride the DL version during my trip this fall. I'm on a roll! Much better than my usual timing of juuuust missing new rides (like E:E).

I remember riding the original Submarines during my first trip to DL in the 90's. I'm really looking forward to seeing the new version.

I hope the seagulls are set up like they are ouside of The Seas with Nemo. They cracked me up so much I actually took video with my digital camera!

WDW:
    1991 (offsite)
    2001 (POR)
    2005 (POFQ)
    2006 (1 day trip to Epcot)
    2010 (POFQ)
    2014 (offsite DTD/Epcot)
    2014 (Holiday trip - Beach Club)
    DL:
    1990 (offsite)
    2003 (Paradise Pier)
    2007 (Grand Californian)
    2012 (Grand Californian)
    DCL:
    2012 (2 night cruise from NYC!)

Post Thanks / Like

Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Does DL do soft openings like WDW? I'll be in Cali from May 27 - June 2 and will just miss the opening.
    Geaux Tigers!

Last Trip: Honeymoon at DL and So. Cal. CityPass 5/27 - 6/2/2007

Next trip: WDW 9/6-12/2009 @ Pop for DD's 4th birthday!

Follow the trip on Twitter: scottinwdw.

Post Thanks / Like

Do any of you know if they will do a soft opening @ Disneyland for Finding Nemo? I am going April 29th to May 5th, and it opens in June. Please I really want to know.
    ~Melissa(Missy)~

Post Thanks / Like

I believe I heard something about soft openings in the past for DL. but it will depend on how ready the attraction is. I asked a WDW cast member when the Pirates ride was supposed to reopen last year. His response was "July 8th" but then he was like "uhmmm... are you going to be here July 1st?" and he then explained to me that they were "planning" to do a soft opening that day, if the attraction was ready, so that they could make sure the ride was ready for it's "real" opening (ie cast members trained, quene space up to speed) and they could also see how many people get on it so they can take the necessary steps to be ready when the "real" opening is. Basically, if the attraction is good and ready well before June 11th, I'd put my money on it opening early. But bare in mind, Spalsh Mountain (at DL) was 6 months behind schedule.
    1988- Off site
    1989- Off site
    1990- WDW Hilton & Swan
    1997- Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans Riverside)
    2005- Shades of Green
    June 2006- Pop Century
    Jan 2007- Disneyland- Disneyland Hotel
    Jan 2010- Disneyland- Double Tree Orange
    Oct 2010- Disneyland- Off site
    Sept 2011- All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

While riding the Matterhorn Bobsleds on Friday I caught a fairly good glimpse of what I would assume were all of the submarines out at the docking area. They were bright yellow with blue trim. Same colors as the sign in the picture below. The lagoon was filled with beautifully clear water and you could see the colorful coral beneath the surface. I'm so glad life is coming back to this corner of Disneyland!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Problem with Pirates was they were trying to tie it with the movie premiere. Rumor was they wanted Johnny Depp to be the first to ride it when it opened. For Nemo I bet they do a soft opening. Monsters in DCA was open for over a month before it "officially" opened.

Also since they are having the movie premiere of Pirates 3 at the park, I bet they have it open for those people to ride (I think premiere should be the week before Memorial Day weekend, since the movie opens Memorial Day). The Pirate Island is also suppose to open when Pirates 3 does also.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to see this new ride!

You know, its funny actually but when i was 6 years old and the Little Mermaid had just come out, i sent in a drawing i did to Disney Imagineering of how they should change the submarine ride into a Little Mermaid ride with much of the same premise as the Nemo ride is supposed to be having. This was when the sub ride was still in operation. Even back then at age 6, i was having Disney ideas to make the park better!
    Ariel
    Disneyland Annual Pass Holder

VMK Name: IzzyInWonderland

1996-Disneyland Hotel
    1998-Disneyland Hotel
    2002-WDW All-Star Music Resort

COUNTLESS TRIPS TO DLR BUT ONLY 1 TRIP TO WDW

Post Thanks / Like

I am so excited about this! I never got to do the 20,000 League submarines at WDW. Hopefully if they finish on time we can try it out this summer!!
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait to ride this - I better start saving money after next weeks trip to WDW!!!

I too never had the chance to ride 20k, so this will be a totally new experience for me!
    Adults are only kids grown up...

March 2013 - Beach Club
    October 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
    September 2009 - Contemporary
    February 2009 - Yacht Club
    April 2008 - Contemporary/Grand Floridian
    October 2007 - DLR - GC -Honeymoon trip!
    March 2007 - Poly
    February 2006 - DLR - Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

My expierence also smells of soft opening. There are alot of sites out there, that have proved to be really reliable. But, Babe don't snub the advise of Chescat, somehow she seems to be in the know, more than not.
    First Trip To DL 11/56
    DLR PAP (for a long time and currently)
    July 17, 2005 I was there!
    July 17, 2010 I was there!
    VMK - Tinkcollector R.I.P.
    Member #1660 on Intercot West
    Tinkcollector on Intercot-West (R.I.P., good bye West-Side.)
    D23 Charter Member

Post Thanks / Like

I am counting on, not only an early soft opening, but AP previews as well. In the past 6 years that I have been an AP holder, they have always offered AP previews for new attractions WELL before the "official opening".

I really hope so, since we are probably moving over to the East Coast in June and I really want my kids to get a chance to ride it before we go.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Babe View Post
    If I had more time, I would go and and get the info myself and post.
    Actually that is what is advised.

Links and continual referrals elsewhere are not allowed on INTERCOT - as per our Terms of Service.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

AP's get a sneak peak of the ride before it opens? Is this only premium and deluxe passholders because that wouldn't be us.
    Ariel
    Disneyland Annual Pass Holder

VMK Name: IzzyInWonderland

1996-Disneyland Hotel
    1998-Disneyland Hotel
    2002-WDW All-Star Music Resort

COUNTLESS TRIPS TO DLR BUT ONLY 1 TRIP TO WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by *tinker_belle* View Post
    AP's get a sneak peak of the ride before it opens? Is this only premium and deluxe passholders because that wouldn't be us.
    Um, yeah, usually they do AP previews, but ONLY on selected dates. We usually either get a mailer with an "invitation" (it just tells you which dates they are holding the previews) or we get an email linking us to the info on the AP page of the Disneyland.com site. These previews always take place on weekdays, though. This is the main reason I have not been able to go to one (DH works and I have 2 kids under 3, so going alone is NOT an option).

In the past, they had AP previews for A Bug's Land, Monster's Inc, and Tower of Terror at DCA. I expect them to do the same for the new submarine ride, especially since they devoted a whole page of the most recent AP newsletter to this ride.

I believe ALL AP holders can attend the AP previews. I have never seen mention that only Deluxe and Premium AP holders can attend.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PolyGirl40 View Post
    Actually that is what is advised.

Links and continual referrals elsewhere are not allowed on INTERCOT - as per our Terms of Service.

Thanks.
    Sorry, I wasn't aware I had crossed the line. When I post information is there a correct way to let everyone know the source is reliable? I am wondering if I pass on information do I quote the source? I don't want someone to think I am making up something.
    Last edited by Disney Babe; 02-26-2007 at 09:06 PM. Reason: edited for clarity and additional question
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."

Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

When I post information is there a correct way to let everyone know the source is reliable?
    We prefer the information passed on comes directly from Disney - therefore we are sure the details are reliable.

We don't tout other web sites.

MDinPA Guest

I don't think I have looked forward to an attraction opening this much since Indiana Jones!!!

WOO HOO!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: