Quantcast New Forum

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: New Forum

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Forum

How do you get a new forum going? I really think there should be a forum for disabilities. There are so many people who go to Disney that have some sort of disability, whether it's physical, mental, emotional, or whatever and many others who talk on here could give help or advise. Also, some of the most amazing stories I have heard have been from parents who have taken their child who is disabled to Disney for the first time and seen the looks of joy on their faces that they normally don't see. My husband is confined to wheelchair and I have been able to ask lots of questions from others here who have experience Disney in a wheelchair, but if there were a specific forum just for disabilities, then people could get their questions asked and answered more easily
    1996...Magic Music Days...Off Site
    2000...With family...Off site
    2004...Honeymoon...POFQ
    2005...1 yr anniv...POR
    2008...4 year anniv...Windsor Hills
    2011...8 year anniv...Lighthouse Key
    2015...10 Year Anniv...Windsor Hills

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

New forums would be up to John Y. I've asked him about a weather forum as well since so many folks have weather-related questions. You can pass along the request to him or one of the moderators. Trying to plan a trip for the first time with a diabetic 6 yr old I certainly would enjoy hearing from others as well.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I too would like a disablility thread. I have a father (Papi) with MS that I want to go to disney someday with me and a thread like that would be very helpfull

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Strmchsr]New forums would be up to John Y. I've asked him about a weather forum as well since so many folks have weather-related questions. QUOTE]

How do you get in touch with him?
    1996...Magic Music Days...Off Site
    2000...With family...Off site
    2004...Honeymoon...POFQ
    2005...1 yr anniv...POR
    2008...4 year anniv...Windsor Hills
    2011...8 year anniv...Lighthouse Key
    2015...10 Year Anniv...Windsor Hills

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Posting here is usually a good way, but John has recently been busy preparing to travel to the Walt Disney World to cover the Press Events live for INTERCOT.

You can also always send site suggestions to [email protected]
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr
    Trying to plan a trip for the first time with a diabetic 6 yr old I certainly would enjoy hearing from others as well.
    Chris: Drop me a line. I've been diabetic since I was 8 (25 years now). I might be able to give you some tips and tricks.

As far as contacting JohnY, just drop him a PM via his profile and he'll get back to you. You can also contact me, Polygirl40 or Melanears. We'll all bring it up as a group and discuss the suggestions. Please do understand, however, that some forums may have too narrow of a focus for a board of this size and audience or may not fit into the general scheme of things. Plus, we don't want the boards to get too big, otherwise it'll be easy to get lost.

That being said, there are a number of forums on these boards that are here because of member suggestions. We can't always accommodate all suggestions, but we find them all valuable.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Have you booked Your Magical Journey yet?

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wonderful idea!

I think a new disability forum would be very useful for many users of Intercot.

I have been a diabetic for over 30 years.
    I always enjoy my time at Disney, but there are things I have to consider while I'm there.

It is very painful to write about any disabilty of a child or grandchild. My dear grandson Nate (age 2) has been diagnosed with Autism. I have used the "search" facility of this site to find information, but it would be easier to look in one forum.
    James

Post Thanks / Like

I agree! Would very much like to see this as a forum topic
    1975-2000 Family Trips, FW
    Nov 2005- FW
    June 2006- FW
    Feb 2007- FW
    Dec 2007- POFQ
    Feb 2008- POR
    July 2008- WL
    Dec 2008- FW
    Feb 2012- POFQ
    Herb
    Proud Passholder

Post Thanks / Like

THis is, I do believe an excellent idea for a new forum. How many times we had to answer about wheelchairs and special diet needs?

A separate forum is needed. Everybody deserves some magic at WDW.
    "But you've read it twice!" -The Bookseller

02-1987 Off-Site, 09-2005 Pop Century, 09-2006 Pop Century,
    09 2007 All-Star Sports

Next trip: 09-2006

Yes, I am a Browncoat.

Post Thanks / Like

A new forum is under serious consideration. However, at this time we are working very hard on some other projects that have to take priority, including the server drive and the launch of another website in the INTERCOT network.

When the time comes where we could launch this, you will be the first to know!
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Have you booked Your Magical Journey yet?

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nate's Grandpa View Post
    It is very painful to write about any disabilty of a child or grandchild. My dear grandson Nate (age 2) has been diagnosed with Autism. I have used the "search" facility of this site to find information, but it would be easier to look in one forum.
    I'm a proud mom to an 8 year old boy with autism -- just extending an invitation for you to write or pm ANYTIME with anything. Anything your family is going through, there is a good chance I've been there with my own amazing little guy. If I can be useful, please don't hesitate
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

I would just like to add my support to a disabilities/special needs forum. It would just make an excellent site that much better
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: