Quantcast American Idol - Season 6 - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought they sent a lot of mediocre talent through, and ragged on some people who didn't really deserve it, like the vocal coach who performed at Disney. This Disney-bashing has been a consistant part of American Idol over time and it just shows they don't know what they are talking about. Disney performers are very talented. Jennifer Hudson used to perform on a Disney Cruise line and look at her now. I do get some entertainment out of funny auditions but for the most part I'd much prefer to hear people who can actually sing!!! You know there are multiple rounds of auditioning? It is a disgrace that they put so many of these people through to see Simon, Randy, and Miss Drunkard oops I mean Paula, in place of some people who are probably more talented but not as interesting.

Paula needs to be fired. She was hanging over the table half the time and barely said anything. When she did speak it was pointless. She did a round of press the other morning and in 3 seperate interviews she seemed completely wasted/strung out. She claims that it was because she was hearing 3 stations in her ear at once and was getting confused and disoriented, but that doesn't cause you to move all around, tilt your head to the side, incessantly wink at people and slur your speech. That woman needs help.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover
    Paula needs to be fired. She was hanging over the table half the time and barely said anything. When she did speak it was pointless. She did a round of press the other morning and in 3 seperate interviews she seemed completely wasted/strung out. She claims that it was because she was hearing 3 stations in her ear at once and was getting confused and disoriented, but that doesn't cause you to move all around, tilt your head to the side, incessantly wink at people and slur your speech. That woman needs help.
    I agree. She looked and acted a total mess. It was so obvious last night that she was drunk. I never understood why she is even on that show. I never thought she was that good of a singer to begin with.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

About the "Disney" vocal coach -- as a singer (not American Idol material, that's for sure) -- I actually agreed with the judges. He had very little vocal control, which people generally cover up with a lot of vibrato. He wasn't awful though, Randy, in general, was just plain mean, almost like he and Simon had a brain swap. But the vocal coach couldn't have made it far, any more so than the guy who sang everything in a hoarse voice (but you have to admire that kid, going and learning an Abba song so quickly )

I felt sorry for the first gal whose idol was Jewel. She seemed like a sweet thing. Didn't feel too bad for the juggler, wow, I can't believe he was using that language in front of his mom -- mine would have washed my mouth out with lye soap, and THEN I would have been punished.

DH was ticked at all those vocal coaches who kept collecting paychecks by telling tone deaf singers that they were good, and then the poor deluded people ended up on National TV. Good grief, tone deaf people cannot hear what they are singing is wrong, why couldn't someone have had the decency to stop them before they got slammed on television. Not so sure I can continue to watch the auditions.

BUT, loved that young woman who was born a crack baby, the 16 year old boy, and the navy guy. I want to adopt the 16 year old, he's so precious!
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine in Texas has a friend who is seriously AMAZING. He's 16 and has rare talent for his age. I've done musical theater my life so i'm a pretty good judge (I think). It frustrates me that they let these people go on to believe that they are good. They put them through the first two auditions and then they get to the "tv" section w/ the "famous" judges and they have their hopes up only to realize in the end that they were one of the "joke" talents.
    -Stacey

"There is a natural hootchy-kootchy motion to a goldfish.”

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome." -Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Seattle stunk!

I liked the brother and sister, and that's about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I thought the brother and sister were good. I don't know why they weren't that impressed with her- I thought she had a lovely voice. Maybe if she had picked a pop song.

But oh boy- I can't believe how long they let some of them go on. Tha Zitsman guy who sang Unchained Melody- really that was unnecessary how long they let him go.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DVC2004
    But oh boy- I can't believe how long they let some of them go on. Tha Zitsman guy who sang Unchained Melody- really that was unnecessary how long they let him go.

I actually found myself cringing and covering my face out of embarrassment for him.

It seems like maybe Simon is a little softer on some of the contestants this year. Not the ones that are "way out there" but some of the ones that really have their hearts set on it, but come up just short. I felt so bad for the young girl the first night who idolized Jewel, she seemed so sweet and it just broke my heart the way she broke down.
    Sharon
    * * ~ ~ * * ~ ~ * * ~ ~ * * ~ ~ * *~ ~ * * ~

Get me there soon or I might just go nuts!

1981 - Polynesian

2002- Wilderness Lodge

2005 - Port Orleans Riverside

2010 - POP Century

2017 in the works

Post Thanks / Like

I usually only watch bits and pieces of the auditions, because I end up feeling bad for so many of the contestants. However, because I am originally from Minnesota I watched the whole show on Tuesday. They sure pushed how terrible the auditions were, didn't they? The "Minneapolis Curse"--puh-leeze! And I did not like having Jewel as a guest judge; I don't really care for her anyway and don't think they should pull in guest judges for the auditions--it just seems unnecessary.

I did watch part of last night's show too and thought that Jordan (the 16 year old with curly hair) was very good. I do cringe at how rude the judges are being in their remarks this year, even Paula. In fact, Randy has probably been kindest so far.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow.... last night was just plain bad! I was excited to see what Seattle had to offer, being we just moved here to NC from there. My kids were telling kids at their school how great Seattle was going to be. They aren't saying a word today! I actually was quite entertained. I still say the Lion from Wizard of Oz was the best so far, I'm still laughing about that one!
    ~Lisa~

WDW trips:
    April, 1991- Honeymoon-offsite
    Nov.1992-offsite
    Nov.1995-offsite
    April 2001-offsite
    Dec. 2004-Wilderness Lodge, AS Sports
    Aug. 2007- offsite
    Mar 2008- AS Movies
    Dec. 2008- Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2010-AS Movies, CBR
    Aug. 2011- Beach Club
    Mar. 2012- AS Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the brother was much better than the sister - I think if he would've went first she might not have gotten her ticket. I liked the guy who did Open Arms towards the end. But that lady with her mom was too much !

I just love Simon
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know anthing abotu how or why they were all singing doncha?

Was that in front of the judges or sep. or what?

Cause it was just way to weird if you ask me. There's no way that would be a natural pick for that many poor singers.

and the lady with her mom was just well..I don't even know what that was.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by offwego
    Yeah, I think I might know something. My friend who went to the auditions informed me that in the first round everyone in the arena learns one song and performs it for the first set of judges in the middle of the arena floor. They choose who goes on to the 2nd round of another panel of judges the next day. Then the day after that, those who got chosen come back to be judged by the "Famous 3." I'm thinking that maybe they had each person sing a bit of the song that they were required to learn from round one during the round three process just so they could film it and use it. I find it dumb and not funny at all. But, it is American Idol. I really hate how they show SO MANY of the bads and not enough goods. This is definitely no first season. ahh... Kelly Clarkson... the best thing to come out of any reality tv show. And I met her! whooo hoo!!
    -Stacey

"There is a natural hootchy-kootchy motion to a goldfish.”

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome." -Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm.... what a night last night was. First... to me Randy has gotten meaner. In fact, all three of them have. Seasons past they at least acted like they were listening and tried to hide their laughter. This season they are being very blatent with their laughter. And the meanness of their remarks too has raised. I can see being mean to the ones who are obvious in their attempts just to be on tv - but then you have the ones who are sincere in their hopes to be singers - I don't believe you should be crushing their dreams and hopes. I agree about that daughter with her mother... very scary! And the look on the judges faces as they both entered the room was priceless! I liked the brother and sister - both had good voices - and I agree with Simon - I think the brother was better. and the guy who sang Open Arms - he had a great voice!
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by offwego
    They did that on the first night with another song. Something new they are doing this year so they can put together a montage of all the bad singers. My guess is they probably have them do that first, before they sing their own song. That part is just edited out, so it goes from the introduction to them starting to sing. I guess it works OK. At least the producers are trying to keep the show a little fresh.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Default wow..

Last night was just surreal I was waiting for the Twilight Zone Music to start playing..DW brought up a great point...How big of a headache do you think that Randy,Paula and Simon get after auditions for a day? Not only that but why do people always say that Simon does not know talent..the guy is an genius at this stuff he helped create Idol and how many stars are there now because of this show?..I agree with the other posters..Paula really should not be there...she just makes them feel better about themsleves after Simon and Randy shoot them down..

Anybody else think that guy looked like Golum from Lord Of the Rings instead of a monkey?

Dean
    Twitter = DVC5571

Apr 04--First trip ever--30th Birthday Present
    Dec 05--Off Site (Honeymoon)
    Oct 07-- On Stie POP
    Feb 09-- Off Site -AK day trip
    Sept 10 -- Onsite -Coronodo Springs

Member of the Tommorowland Metro-Retro Historical Society

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2Epcot
    They did that on the first night with another song. Something new they are doing this year so they can put together a montage of all the bad singers. My guess is they probably have them do that first, before they sing their own song. That part is just edited out, so it goes from the introduction to them starting to sing. I guess it works OK. At least the producers are trying to keep the show a little fresh.
    Last year I read a blog from someone who tried out for AI and didn't make it. Sounded to me like they go through several singing auditions before they ever get to the judges we know (and love??). If memory serves, they were to come with their own song or two, but the producers also told them a couple to try. That is probably where they get footage of all the people singing the same song. The judges, of course, don't see anywhere NEAR all the people that actually turn out for the event. I mean, didn't they say 9,000 people showed up in Seattle?? Can you imagine sitting through all of them! I would be sitting in a corner sucking my thumb!!
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

I don't personally think it's entretainment value to telling someone that their physical traits make them look like an ugly monkey. Last night was a low point for the show, it's embarrassing that people put themselves in the position of being mocked and I think it's in bad character that the judges can be so completely cruel.

I would rather NOT watch this season until they get to the actual show.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Randy definitely got meaner. In regards to the song that they all sing, it is NOT done in front of the judges. The judges reactions are from other auditions and are spliced in. This is also not the first year it was done. I didn't pay attention this year, but I noticed last year that a girl who had just auditioned in front of the judges was wearing a different outfit in the "group song." And here's another clue...The girl who looked like her mother was shown in the "Doncha" clip saying "I don't know this song well" or something like that, so I'm wondering if they then convinced her to sing that song for the juges later? I'm really past the point of the cruelty now, it's so sad. The thing with Simon calling the boy a monkey was mean to say out loud, but I'm ashamed to say that I thought the same thing. I just have the decency to keep it to myself. And I really really felt bad for the other kid who befriended him. He seemed so innocent and sincere. At least they were nice to him. So far I haven't seen anyone that I'd want to spend my time voting for.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek
    I don't personally think it's entretainment value to telling someone that their physical traits make them look like an ugly monkey. Last night was a low point for the show, it's embarrassing that people put themselves in the position of being mocked and I think it's in bad character that the judges can be so completely cruel.

I would rather NOT watch this season until they get to the actual show.
    Couldn't agree with NotAGeek more on this. It takes enormous strength to get up to perform for a an audiece of people on a stage. I know, I have been there done that. I did it on a much smaller scale. (Performing in the State of Michigan's honor's choir two years in a row as well as many smaller ensembles and choirs)

I think it is a sad state of entertainment in this country that "we" continue to watch programs such as this one. I honestly have never watched an entire show or purchased an "Idol's" album.

I'd rather be entertained by watching Lost, Grey's Anatomy, Heroes, Studio 60 or Ugly Betty. Save scripted programming!

Even though they sign waivers allowing their footage to be aired, I think they (AI) should have to pay the therapy bills of these individuals that they shatter.

Stepping off the now

Post Thanks / Like

With this being the 6th season of AI I would think that those people going to the audtions KNOW what to expect . . . to be made fun of. It's not like this is a new show and people are going in blind to the audition. I would never audition for a show I knew nothing about because you just never know. My thoughts are those people go in wanting to get on TV - and that the weirder they are and the worse they sing will get them their 15 seconds of fame. Remember William Hung ? Everyone wants to be "famous" these days and with reality TV it's easier for people to get on the air. And obviously they'll go to any length to ensure it.

Do you really think that these parents/spouses/bosses really think these people CAN sing ? All these people say "Oh yeah, my friends tell me I sound great" -- HELLO, then they're not your real friends. People cannot really be that stupid . . . can they ? ? ?
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: