Quantcast American Idol - Season 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default American Idol - Season 6

Who's ready?

Fox announces early season 'American Idol 6' broadcast schedule

By Christopher Rocchio and Steve Rogers, 01/09/2007

Get out your datebooks and day planners -- Fox has announced the entire early season broadcast schedule for the sixth season of American Idol, from the outrageous auditions to when viewers cut the cast of contestants to 12.

American Idol's sixth edition will premiere on Tuesday, January 16 at 8PM ET/PT with two hours of coverage of the season's Minneapolis open auditions and continue on Wednesday, January, 17 at 8PM ET/PT with two more hours of coverage of the season's Seattle auditions. The search for America's next Idol winner will then continue with six more twice-weekly one-hour broadcasts of the season's Los Angeles, San Antonio, Birmingham, Memphis, New York City, and "Best of the Rest" auditions.

After four weeks of open auditions coverage and two more broadcasts that will chronicle the season's "Hollywood Round" callbacks, American Idol 6's Top 24 semifinalists will be revealed to America on Wednesday, February 14. Following three more weeks of thrice-weekly broadcasts that will eliminate two male and two female semifinalists each week (and also result in three new American Idol/Survivor Thursday night showdowns), Idol's twelve sixth season finalists will be revealed on Thursday, March 8. One week later, one finalist's journey will end when America's vote is revealed on Wednesday, March 14.

The following is the entire early season broadcast schedule for the sixth season of American Idol:

• Tuesday, January 16, 8-10PM ET/PT - Season Premiere Part 1, Minneapolis auditions

• Wednesday, January 17, 8-10PM ET/PT - Season Premiere Part 2, Seattle auditions

• Tuesday, January 23, 8-9PM ET/PT - Memphis auditions

• Wednesday, January 24, 9-10PM ET/PT - New York City auditions

• Tuesday, January 30, 8-9PM ET/PT - Birmingham auditions

• Wednesday, January 31, 9-10PM ET/PT - San Antonio auditions

• Tuesday, February 6, 8-9PM ET/PT - Los Angeles auditions

• Wednesday, February 7, 9-10PM ET/PT - "Rest of the Best" auditions

• Tuesday, February 13, 8-9PM ET/PT - Hollywood Round, Part 1

• Wednesday, February 14, 9-10PM ET/PT - Hollywood Round, Part 2, Top 24 semifinalists announced

• Tuesday, February 20, 8-10PM ET/PT - Top 24 male singers perform

• Wednesday, February 21, 8-10PM ET/PT - Top 24 female singers perform

• Thursday, February 22, 8-9PM ET/PT - First live results show, two male and two female semifinalists voted off

• Tuesday, February 27, 8-9:30PM ET/PT - Top 20 male singers perform

• Wednesday, February 28, 8-9:30PM ET/PT - Top 20 female singers perform

• Thursday, March 1, 8-9PM ET/PT - Second live results Show, two male and two female semifinalists voted off

• Tuesday, March 6, 8-9PM ET/PT - Top 16 male singers perform

• Wednesday, March 7, 8-9PM ET/PT - Top 16 female singers perform

• Thursday, March 8, 8-9PM ET/PT - Third live results show, two male and two female contestants voted off and Top 12 finalists revealed

• Tuesday, March 13, 8-10PM ET/PT - Top 12 finalists perform

• Wednesday, March 14, 9-9:30PM ET/PT - First finalists live results Show, one finalist voted off

From RealityTVWorld
    Last edited by Melanie; 01-19-2007 at 05:08 PM. Reason: changing smiley :)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they spend absolutley way too much time focusing on auditions, especially the fact that they mainly focus on BAD auditions. Sure, they are funny, but I'd rather see the talented people. There are so many people that don't make it out of the top 24 simply because they received no prior exposure. I'm debating on whether I'll even bother watching most of the auditions this season. I remember that with all the commercials, I became soooo bored last season.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the auditions. Watching the bad ones is half the fun. Unless they really get invested in themselves and truly get heartbroken. That's hard to watch. But otherwise, it's all fun for me. I get bored with the Hollywood part, then it gets dragged out too long. I skip the results shows entirely.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait!! I looove this show.....I so wish they would have had it when I was young enough to audition. I would probably NEVER have made it, but it would have been fun. Hmmmmm....maybe they need to start a "Geriatric Idol" for those of us over auditioning age.....
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

I LOVE watching the Audition shows more than the 'actual contest' shows! I am not a singer - I sing off key and am absolutely horrible so I find it funny how many people audition for the show who sing as bad or even worse than myself, but they truly believe they are good. I guess you gotta hand it to them - they have a dream and are brave enough to go for it! Anyway - I can't wait!
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ugh...

Wow I can't decide if I should be glad you posted that or not!!

By my calculations that is 26 hours of my life that will be wasted before they even get to the top 10!!!

I think we are all in two classes over this, people who love auditions and people who just love the people who are good! Count me in the second class but the folks I usually watch with love the auditions so I will probably be watching it ALL...
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks for that info ...We get in the UK and its normally only a couple of days behind you guys so looking forward to it

Go SIMON ......

I only hope they havent got that waste of space Paula Abdul tell me you have someone more constructive !!! ( however if its Sharon Osbourne who is just as bad and well loathed in the UK i take it back !!! )

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I cant wait to start viewing!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg
    I love the auditions. Watching the bad ones is half the fun. Unless they really get invested in themselves and truly get heartbroken. That's hard to watch. But otherwise, it's all fun for me. I get bored with the Hollywood part, then it gets dragged out too long. I skip the results shows entirely.
    I feel the same way! Love those auditions!
    Deb

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wow

No comments on Idol yet? I thought it was only ok, no one really stood out to me...
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Those auditions were quite funny! The girl who sang like the Cowardly Lion - that was a highlight! I chuckled thru the whole show! I really think if they wouldn't air the auditions or the ones who don't make it thur - I believe the numbers of people trying out would diminish. I really think most are trying out knowing they can't sing, but want their 15 minutes of fame. Looking forward to tonight's!
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, when I think back, I can probably think of maybe 3 that I somewhat liked. I just think they didn't have much to choose from. They said there were 10,000 auditions, and 17 moved on? Wow, not too good. But I have to ask, did anyone notice Paula? What was going on with her?! I know she takes painkillers for medical reasons, but should she really have been on the show like that? My kids even noticed. It was pretty bad.
    ~Lisa~

WDW trips:
    April, 1991- Honeymoon-offsite
    Nov.1992-offsite
    Nov.1995-offsite
    April 2001-offsite
    Dec. 2004-Wilderness Lodge, AS Sports
    Aug. 2007- offsite
    Mar 2008- AS Movies
    Dec. 2008- Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2010-AS Movies, CBR
    Aug. 2011- Beach Club
    Mar. 2012- AS Movies

Post Thanks / Like

No I agree. Last night was pretty lame. The "wannabees" weren't so horrible as to provide any entertainment and the ones who went on weren't good enough to make me excited. I felt they were just filling time. They need to come back to Alabama (considering, out of 5 seasons, 2 winners and 2 runners up were from Birmingham)!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully the talent will get better. I don't think there was one person last night who will make it through the Hollywood round (at least no one who was featured.) Although I have to say, it was probably the funniest audition I have ever seen. Or maybe I just missed it.
    ~*
    Land and Sea Cruisin' May 17-24!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that last nights contestants were pretty lame. No one stood out to me at all.

Did you catch that one dude who said he had sang at Walt Disney World? I assume he was a cash member. Randy's reply was something to the effect that no one listens to the performers there, everyone is too busy eating popcorn and looking at everything else.
    Sandy G.

First Vacation Trip-DXL, August, 2000
    Last Trip-Yacht Club December 2017
    Next Up-The Swan December 2018
    Many In Between

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. I can't believe year after year how many people think they sound good and are truly shocked when they are told they don't! Very entertaining last night to say the least.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

I really don't think that anyone was good enough to go through. Some people were "okay" but needed work on learning how to control their voice in one way or another.

I'm really getting sick of seeing the "bad" people. They spend too long on one person singing. They need to edit it so we only have to listen to the bad people for a little while.

I love seeing Jewel on the show! I've seen her in concert before and she's wonderful. She's the person that inspired me to learn how to play guitar. Sadly, i'm still not very good.
    -Stacey

"There is a natural hootchy-kootchy motion to a goldfish.”

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome." -Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like

The auditions is what got us watching AI to begin with. (I think it was the third season)

I can't sing a note but I LOVE to sing . . . I think most of these people have the same problem. Although I have to say that even I sound better than some of those people last night.

I didn't think that girl whose boss flew her in was too bad. The Lion Girl was hilarious !
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm another one who only watches the auditions. But have to admit it's hard to keep watching people who can't sing say they've spent serious dollars on training for singing.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lovin Disney
    Some of these people auditioning for the show have either got to be putting us on OR are totally deluded.
    I think that as well. I told my wife I think some of the people, especially those who get in costumes know that this will get them on TV, and that is all they are trying to do.

As far as the contestants who got through not being very good last night ... we've only seen the first night. This is a TV show, so we probably are not seeing the audition cities in the order they visited them. So if a city has better people, they could save that to show us on later shows.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: