Quantcast So What's Your Addiction? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Chocolate is not an addiction - - it is a necessity of life....

Now that we got that cleared up ....my addiction is Winnie-the-pooh and the gang...they are everywhere, in every room, little ones, big ones, on my quilt on the bed, hanging on the walls as plates and pictures, rugs on the floor, pez dispeners, toys, books, DVDs, slippers, the shower curtain, towels, knick-knacs, soap dispensers, kitchen items, clothing, jewlery, watches.....when the cable man came he asked me how many children we had. I looked around and said..."oh none just two really big ones ".
    Candi, the Pooh fanatic!

4/2010 - Pop Century
    9/2005 - Pop Century
    1/2005 - Pop Century
    1/2004 - Offsite
    1/2001 - Offsite
    9/2000 - Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon
    5/1983 - Offsite
    Disneyland - 1980,1981,1982

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My obsessions have to be either politics or books (or both).
    I am always reading the news, watching C-SPAN, or reading political books.
    Right now I am reading 'The God Delusion' by Richard Dawkins and 'The Unofficial Walt Disney World Guide'.
    I'm weird. I know.
    I cannot wait to watch the '08 Presidential runnings. Come on, Barack!
    AKA Courtney

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome...Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.."

Most Recent Trips:
    September 2007 - Pop Century
    September 2011 - Pop Century
    January 2012 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

I am currently addicted to Harry Potter fan fiction. Anytime I can i'm on line reading. I'm such a dork, I know!!!
    Tracy șOș

1995 Grand Floridian for honeymoon
    2004 Polynesian LVC (three kids later)
    2005 Beach Club
    2006 Polynesian, Tonga!!
    2008 Polynesian
    figured out the secret...
    2008 DVC member AKV

2009 Saratoga Springs/ Boardwalk Villa
    2009 VWL/ AKV... 2 trips in 1 year..love my DVC!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm kinda a weird girl.

I do collect Hallmark Christmas ornaments. Alas I wear the same steel toed shoes every day, I hate to carry a purse (I put too much junk in it...it gets too heavy) and I LOVE super heros and monster/alien movies and I'm a sucker for cartoons.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

yeah...def it is Disney...but I think the other big thang that I am totally into would be .....um.....okay there's disney..then there's disney again....uh wait let me think a little bit more....uh................................ I REALLY love Michael Buble..the singer...yeah I would say that singing and music and buying Disney cds would be my next big thang that just gets me.
    Raising a Disney Family the best way I know how...takin' them ALL the time! :-)
    Fav Ride = Soarin'
    Fav Park = ...uh all of them?
    Fav Character = Minnie Mouse
    ~ One shoe can change your life ~ Cinderella

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by QTPie68
    Chocolate is not an addiction - - it is a necessity of life....
    My thoughts exactly!

Actually, my top three are Chocolate, good coffee, and mint! - So just give me a Peppermint Mocha, and I'm a happy camper!

I'm also addicted to sudoku - I just love those puzzles!!

Post Thanks / Like

makeup for sure I use all the high end stuff Im a beauty product junky

and expensive handbags though I haven't bought one in a year.

Shoes I used to buy a new pair every week when I didnt have to rent to worry about.
    Last edited by ChipDale; 03-16-2007 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Removed censored word

Post Thanks / Like

I have WAY too many addictions:
    My dog (If she's not happy, I'm not happy)
    Shoes!!!!!!!
    My gym
    Lemon tea (esp. Dunkin' Donuts)
    TV (I love it all)
    I am sure there are more, but I can't think of them right now.
    How could I forget- INTERCOT!
    April

Remy: You gotta taste this! This is... oh, it's got this kind of... mmm, it's burny, it's melty... it's not really a smoky taste. It's kind of like a certain... Pshah! It's got like this " Ba-boom! Zap!" kind of taste. Dont you think? What would you call that flavor?
    Emile: Lightningy?

Post Thanks / Like

My thing is probally either shirts or bags... especially when I walk into Target or Walmart since everything is so reasonably priced my eyes go right to the bag and clothing areas!

...I have a different twist , I collect bath & body products, different scents , different flavors, so I use a differenr one each time I shower, according to my mood
    I do that too. I usually ask for a new type of perfume everything Christmas or Birthday and I always put on which scent matches my mood that day.

Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

Books. I spend far too much money in the bookstore -- I wish I could decontaminate the books in the library -- It would be much less expensive!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Shoes are my addiction. It doesn't help that I work once in a week in the shoe department at Sears! I'm always finding good deals on shoes there, yesterday I got 2 pairs of shoes for $9.99! That makes my grand total to 20 pairs of shoes that I have bought in the last 6 months.

My only other addiction would be photography. I'm constantly taking pictures and it's a joke with my family and friends that I always have my camera on hand. My apartment has quite a few of the pictures I've taken in frames scattered around.
    *Melissa*

CBR-Aruba-June 1995
    Pop Century-July 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MissMaryPoppins View Post
    I showed my mother a picture of it once and told her when I was rich I was going to buy myself one. I guess she doesn't think I'll ever be able to buy one for myself.Joy
    As a mom I would think she was just wanting to make all your dreams come true... enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeri Lynn View Post
    I guess the only thing I can say that I used to buy alot of is underwear!! I have three drawers full, my last count was around 70 pair...but I haven't bought any for a while now!!
    I did this too but we have 2 yorkies and they help reduce the underwear population.
    Quote Originally Posted by threeh View Post
    I am currently addicted to Harry Potter fan fiction. Anytime I can i'm on line reading. I'm such a dork, I know!!!
    I love Harry Potter. Can't wait for the book.
    Quote Originally Posted by thrillme View Post
    I do collect Hallmark Christmas ornaments.
    Another of my addictions, I've collected since 78- I can't wait for the kids to get married to make room for more ornaments

Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    I'm also addicted to sudoku - I just love those puzzles!!
    Some ppl count sheep and I do sudoku before going to sleep that or re reading Harry Potter.

Quote Originally Posted by aprilisis View Post
    My dog (If she's not happy, I'm not happy)
    My kids think I love the dogs more than them- hey they don't talk back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kags1200 View Post
    ...I have a different twist , I collect bath & body products, different scents , different flavors, so I use a differenr one each time I shower, according to my mood
    I love buying extras esp. of scents I love. It's like I horde it for an emergency. Maybe it's left over from childhood and being w/o water for so long... A deep seated fear that I may never smell lovely again.
    Quote Originally Posted by JanetMegan View Post
    Crafting supplies, I am a complete nut about them. I have literally 3 ROOMS of them!!! Help!
    Since I don't have a husband I have a garage full too. W/ an artsy dd we collect a lot of supplies.

Quote Originally Posted by ChipnDaleGal View Post
    For me I would have to say that it is movies and television series on DVD. I have to get another new shelving unit because all my current ones are stuffed.
    I make sure I go to walmart on Tues. for the latest releases @ a discount.

I also collect coffee cups, maybe b/c I'm always at my computer drinking it. I got the cutest one last wk from the Aquarium in N.O. My cabinets are full.
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

Another group of book people here. We've got so many books it was ridiculous when we had to move. Our dream is to a have a beautiful in home library (first we need the house). We've got a lot of complete series and are always looking to add more. We're so varied in our tastes though. We've get everything from Tom Clancy, Anne Rice and Dean Koontz, to Historical Nonfiction, Biographies and everything in between.

We've already started to pass this onto our DD. She has got so many books it's insane. She loves every one of them. I just can't pass up a new book for her when I'm out and if she shows an interest in one while she's out with me, I happily indulge her interest. The library is a favorite hang out

June '97 Offsite

July '99 Contemporary Resort
    Sept. '11 Off-Site: First Family Trip with our kids
    May '12 Pop Century: Trip with my girls
    February '15 AoA plan in the works for the family
    Mom to DDs 9/05 and 5/08 and DSs 3/10 and 1/13

Post Thanks / Like

Music! I can't get enough! I've been known to acquire over 100 songs in a week, whether I've bought a new CD, borrowed some, bought some on iTunes, etc. I'm almost to 1000 songs on my iPod, and it's STILL not adequate! Scary enough, too, I still listen to every single song on my iPod (obviously not in one sitting).
    Anna

"We were given memories so that we might have roses in December."

VMK Alias: NightRain

Post Thanks / Like

I have a few addictions ...

Tea, all types kinds, flavors etc. I seriously have an entire cabinet in my kitchen that has nothing in it but tea. Stacked a few deep and as high up as the shelves will allow.

DH and I seem to have developed a decently large sized collection of dvds (tv on dvd and movies).

I'm a book lover, so we have a bunch of bookcases full of books (sometimes a few deep) and I have some books still stored at my parents house because we don't have room for them yet.

And I'm another fragrance bath and body stuff lover. Every year the day after Christmas I go to WalMart or Target and stock up on gift sets at the discount price and then throughout the year I add to them with things that I find anywhere. I'm also a sucker for handmade soaps. I love'em so much that I actually started making my own.

Oh and Yankee Candles. I used to um..."collect" them years ago, but a year and a half ago I took a part time job to get me through my unpaid internship at a Yankee Candle store and I started adding even more to my candles. I now have a "candle closet" three shelves with jars, tarts, votives and tea lights. I joke that they should just pay me in candles ... maybe it's not that much of a joke since I'm now employed full time, but I haven't left my part time job at YC yet, either.

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsMin View Post
    My kids think I love the dogs more than them- hey they don't talk back.
    My grandmother gets mad at me when I tell her the dog IS her great-grandchild.
    April

Remy: You gotta taste this! This is... oh, it's got this kind of... mmm, it's burny, it's melty... it's not really a smoky taste. It's kind of like a certain... Pshah! It's got like this " Ba-boom! Zap!" kind of taste. Dont you think? What would you call that flavor?
    Emile: Lightningy?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: