The following is a collection of answers to frequently asked questions regarding the Disney Dining Plan.

This FAQ list was last updated in 2009. Although the general functionality of the Disney Dining Plan has not changed since this update (with regard to the information listed below), please use the Dining Forum to create a New Thread and ask any questions you may have regarding information not included below or that you may want a current Guest experience regarding.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Disney Dining Plan FAQ

Q: What is the Disney Dining Plan and how does it work?

A: The Disney Dining Plan is an add-on for the Magic My Way vacation package.

See the Disney Dining Plan section for details on the Dining Plan eligibility and how it works.

Q: Where can I use the Disney Dining Plan?

A: Most Dining Locations at the Walt Disney World resort accept the plan.

See the Disney Dining Plan Restaurants section for a complete listing of the included locations.

Q: Do I need to purchase park passes for as many days as my Disney Dining Plan?

A: No. Although you need to purchase the Disney Dining Plan as part of a Magic My Way package, the Dining Plan length is tied to your Disney resort stay length.

Currently, Disney only requires guests to purchase a Magic My Way package with a 1-day park pass (per guest) in order to qualify for the Disney Dining Plan.

*Note*: Specially discounted packages may have unique requirements.

Q: How long is my Disney Dining Plan valid?

A: The Disney Dining Plan is valid from your check-in at your Disney Resort Hotel till midnight the day you check out.

Q: Can I purchase the Plan for only some of the people on my Magic My Way Package?

A: No. Currently, the Disney Dining Plan must be added for all Guests on the same Magic My Way package or none of them.

Q: Can I purchase the Plan for only part of my Disney Resort stay?

A: No. Currently, the Disney Dining Plan must purchased for the entire length of your Disney resort stay on your Magic My Way Package.

Q: I am a Disney Vacation Club member; do I have to purchase a package to use the Disney Dining Plan?

A: No. Disney Vacation Club Members can add the Disney Dining Plan to their reservation when using points to stay at Walt Disney World Disney Vacation Club resort. Members must book the Dining Plan in advance of arrival and it must be purchased for the entire travel party (ages 3 and over) for the entire length of stay. Disney Vacation Club Members can call Member Services to add the plan to their reservation.

Q: I have an Annual Pass, can I use the Disney Dining Plan?

A: Annual Passholders can use the Disney Dining Plan, but they must purchase a Magic My Way Vacation package at a rack rate. Disney offers the Tables in Wonderland card as a discount Dining program for Passholders.

See the Tables in Wonderland section for details on the Tables in Wonderland Program.

Q: I already bought a Magic My Way package can I add the Disney Dining Plan?

A: Yes. Guests can add-on the Disney Dining Plan after the purchase of the Magic My Way package. Guests must add on the package no later than 10 days prior till their check-in to avoid complications.

Due to limited availability of the Plan, it is possible for the plan to be sold out during certain time periods so Guests are urged to add-on the plan as soon as possible.

Q: Do Table Service and Counter Service locations have a special menu or exclude certain items from the plan?

A: There are no separate menus for the Disney Dining Plan, but individual locations do control what items are excluded from the plan. Although exclusions are generally minor, most regularly exclude the following items:

Merchandise and Photo Imaging
Pizza delivery
In-room mini-bars
Souvenir or refillable drink mugs
Glow Ice Cube Drinks
Alcoholic Drinks
Specialty Non-Alcoholic Drinks
Entrée "add-on"
Sampler Platters

Individual locations can vary what is excluded from the plan from seating to seating, so Guests are encouraged to check with their server prior to ordering for items excluded from the plan at their time of meal.

Q: What types of items are excluded from the Disney Dining Plan at Snack Locations?

A: Generally speaking, items priced over $4.00 will not count as a Snack Item on the Disney Dining Plan.

See INTERCOT Snack Items Exclusion Listing for an Unofficial Listing of Disney Dining Plan Snack Item Exclusions.

Q: What types of items are included on the Disney Dining Plan at Snack Locations?

A: Most Snack Items included in the plan are marked on the menu with a “DDP” logo.

Generally speaking, single serving side items and dessert items priced under $4.00 will count as a Snack Item on the Disney Dining Plan.

For an idea of what types of snack items are available on the plan see the following listings for Unofficial Listings of Disney Dining Plan Snack Item Inclusions.

Magic Kingdom Snack Items
Epcot Snack Items
Disney-MGM Studios Snack Items
Animal Kingdom Snack Items
Resorts & Beyond Snack Items

Q: Do I have to use Disney Dining Plan credits for every meal I eat?

A: No. Guests can pick and choose where and when they redeem their credits. Guests can pay separately from some meals and redeem their credits for others.

Q: How are Disney Dining Plan credits stored?

A: Disney Dining Plan credits for the whole party on the Magic My Way package are “pooled” on the Key to the World card of each Guest vacationing on the same package.

Continued Below