Quantcast Scrapbooking our trip....

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Scrapbooking our trip....

Any other fellow scrapbookers out there??? We went to WDW in May, and I am STILL working on our albums... yes, there are two now... and we only went for 5 days!! (Well, day #5 was really just a travel day, so 4 park days...)

My first album has the first two days, Epcot/MK and AK, and I am half-way through day #3 (MK & Chef Mickey's)in the second album... no matter what, I am somehow fitting both day 3 & 4 (MGM) in this second album!!

Anyone else out there working on a Disney album?? I need to get it done, as my family album is waiting and the pics are piling up... I think I'm only
    in March of this year, so far!! Yipes... ... lots of catching up to do.

So - who's scrapping with me these days??
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Blythe! I've just recently started scrap booking! And it's funny you posted this today, when I just finished ordering stuff from a disney scrapping site!

I never really wanted to get into it but then a friend of mine dragged me to a creative memories party and I was hooked. (so, I then had a CM party and hooked my friend, my sister, SIL and cousin!! ) Even though we just came back from this trip, I've really only started my album from last year. I'm finally organized enough (and have bought enough stuff! ) to get to work on it, but I only have 5 pages done. I still get kind of nervous before starting each page (using the right colors, making sure it's not too "busy" looking...etc.) I'm having a blast doing it, though, and have gotten into a lot of different things using my scrapping stuff, like making cards for people instead of buying them. Once I finish my Disney albums, I plan to start an album of Conor's school stuff (which is easy to start now, since I only have preschool, kindergarten and now 1st grade to do!)

While it's an expensive hobby, I'm so glad I've started getting into it as the end result is just beautiful!
    Jen aka conorsmom2000

1977 - Fort Wilderness
    1995, 2005, 2006 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Coronado Springs
    2024 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

I'm slowly and methodically working through the 350 pics of our May trip- I'm not really in any hurry. I'd rather wait for the right page inspiration to hit me and do it once, as opposed to just putting pics on a page and call it done.

I did a couple of pages at a retreat a few weeks ago, but I also did our June Strawberry pictures, and ultrasound pics of our critter due in March- i needed a change from Disney!

I'm also in the midst of hosting a fairly massive Disney swap on my home board. They'll be swapped out in November, so I'm kinda waiting to see what I get from that before I do too many more pages.
    Next up: Sept 2013- Beach Club!
    May 10- Girl's Weekend- POP
    March 09- Poly
    May 06: Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept 98: Wilderness Lodge
    March 93: Carribean Beach Resort (Aruba)
    Nov 91: Ft. Wilderness; Several Thanksgivings @ Ft. Wilderness, 86-89
    Dec 84: Off-site (Econo Lodge, Kissimmee)

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there!

By no means am I a great scrapper, but here's a link to the book that I did of our May 2006 trip. The book itself was a photo album (they only had the 12x12 scrapbooks and I didn't want to do that size format), so I took some cardstock and made my own pages (but no page protectors).

While that album is done, I still have a gazillion others to do! I've been working on an ABC album of our 2002 trips for over a year now (I'm bad). Of course, there are also albums waiting to be done for trips starting in 2000 (not to mention baby albums, family heritage albums, etc., etc.)

I think that Janet (JanetMegan) mentions in her signature something about scrapbooking and insanity! I'm sure she'll be along soon to pipe in!

I'm going down next month so anyone who wants papers, scissors, punches, etc. from WDW or DCL, let me know in advance and I'll be glad to help out.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

BelleBeauty Guest

I'm hoping this thread will inspire me to start mine! When my brother and sister and I started taking annual sibling trips, I went through all the old photo albums and pulled pics from all of our family trips. I'm hoping to make a sibling scrapbook to add to each year. I bought a ton of stuff, but it all is resting in a bag at my mom's house! Well, maybe one day...

I think I have a block because the last time I scrapbooked was a Disney trip with an ex-boyfriend (a LONG time ago) and I hated that I never wanted to look at it again

Post Thanks / Like

I am not currently working on a Disney album (not that I don't have 2 years worth!!), but I am a scrapbooker. I am trying to get caught up with the "general" and "sports" scrapbooks before I move on to Disney. I had hoped to have my 05 trip scrapbooked BEFORE our 06 trip. Well that didn't happen and here I sit with too many pictures to even think about it! My goal/plan is to sit down on the weekends while the DH and DS watch football and catch up.

And to tell a funny story on myself, I bought a Mickey punch during our trip in Sept. Only to get home and find the Mickey punch I bought on an earlier trip. Nice. Luckily my sister is heading to WDW in a few weeks and has agreed to swap the punch for me.
    My Disney Trips:
    Disney World as a kid
    1991 - Offsite (Honeymoon)
    2001 - ASMu
    2001 - ASSp
    2002 - CSR
    2003 - ASSp
    2005 - ASSp
    2006 - ASSp
    2007 - AKL
    9/9-18 - All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Scrapbook #3

I am currently scrapping our September 2005 trip to WDW. I have already completed 2003, and two trips in 2004 (one book), and still have to do January 2006!!! Just yesterday I did a layout featuring Mexico at Epcot. My next one will probably be another world. I am trying to work my way through all of our photos, but it's tough! Since we have another trip planned for December of this year, I don't forsee being done anytime soon. But, it sure is worth it when we go back and look through the layouts I have already finished!
    Waiting does not seem long once it is accomplished.Old Saying.

Feb '98, POFQ
    Nov '98, Car. Beach
    Mar 2000, All-Music
    Oct '01, Cont.
    Jan '03. All-Music
    Nov '03, Royal Plaza
    Dec '04, Pop-Cent.
    Sept '05, All-Sports
    Jan '06, POFQ
    Dec '06, WL
    Sept '07, AKL
    Apr. '08, Hilton/GF
    Dec. '08, GF

Post Thanks / Like

I just completed 03 last Aug. and managed to finish 04. I hope to work on 05 before leaving.
    Dsnygirl-- why 2 books? I use book extenders and add pages. My 03 bk has 60 pages.
    I save disney graphics on my comp and scan stuff. My goal is to make a Memories book for my parents for our trip. I am planning to call it 40 years of Mickey Memories. My parents have helped send us when times were tight and enjoyed many trips w/ us. I found a piece of an old DL shopping bag and scanned it in. I had to expand it; but, I think it will be worth it.
    Anyone else scan in stuff? I scan my tickets, napkins etc. I print my own pic and I love it b/c I can cut them up and blow them up w/ no guilt of destroying a photo.
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

I'm somewhere in the middle of scrapbooking our trip from last Sept. I started a 12 X 12 album (only did a few pages) and changed my mind and started an 8 X 8 Mickey album instead after DH bought it for me and I didn't know what to do with it. Instead of using all of my photos from the trip (561 in 10 days), I have limited it to only those pics we are actually in but it's still a huge stack of photos. I had hoped to have it done by now, but too many other things keep coming up and I had to put it aside. At this point, I don't think it will be finished before my next trip in December! Oh well, I'll have the long, cold winter to work on it and the new one!
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

WOW!! I never expected so many responses so fast... there must be an awful lot of us out there, who are not only Disney nuts, but scrapbook crazies... boy, what a combo!!

My girls are both in school today (they were off the last two for Col. Day and conferences...) so I'm actually spending the day scrapping... my DH took my car in to the shop, so I'm not even stressing over errands I should be running but don't want to - since I can't!! I'm almost done with Day #3... then only one day to go, and I can actually get back to "real life" scrapbooking. ( ... love looking at my Disney pictures... makes me want to start planning another trip... ) I have a BUNCH of albums to do besides our family one... I want to do school albums for the girls, and I've got a Christmas one I started... I want to do a memory book for our cat that we just had to put down... (I am a Creative Memories consultant, too, by the way, and want to use their new "Storybook" album for him - anyone done one yet??)

Answer for Beth - I'm doing two albums because I have a picture-taking problem... we had 4 days in the parks, and I took about 750 pictures. I think I've done (for me) an admirable job paring them down, but I'll never be someone who can just pick one or two pictures to show what we did or where we were... I want EVERY memory I can possibly salvage, esp. of Disney. Sigh... My CM albums can hold up to 45 pages comfortably (12x12 pages) but I only did 38 in the first album b/c I used alot of double-matting and raised stickers, so it seemed thick enough with that many pages. So, I'm guessing this next album will be about the same... yipes!

Glad to meet so many of you that are scrapbookers - do any of you know how to put a link into our threads to be able to show pictures or albums that we have an a picture site somewhere?? I saw that Elenita had one - how did you do it??

Jen - glad you got hooked - scrapbooking is so fun - I love CM stuff (obviously) but also like a lot of the other Disney stuff that is out there, too, plus other non-Disney stuff, too.

Okay - gotta run - need to get pages done while it's quiet!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

I just went to the mailbox tonight and there was my large order of Disney scrap booking supplies from an online vendor I buy from quite often!

I am currently working on 4 Disney albums, one is of our sons first Disney trip in February 2006, the other 3 are of the same thing and are for myself, my mom & my mother-in-law of our 2005 Mothers day trip - it is almost done!!

I need to work on Christmas gifts, one will be an 8x8 album for my in-laws for their upcoming Hawaii trip, and I want to do one of Brandons first year with us (My adopted son). I also want to start working on the layout for our new baby's birth book.

I love card making and recently did about 75 invitations for my best friends wedding, also her table set up, maps, etc.

I have been on the Design team for my LSS and am hoping to get 're-hired' in the winter - they only allow you to do a 6-month term.

I need to update my online albums and will post them when I do.
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I started scrapbooking a few months after I returned home from my study abroad program. I had over 600 pictures, so getting that done was VERY time consuming, but well worth it. I have 80+ pages and 5 regular photo albums.

Since then, I've started an album for my undergrad years (which has turned out to be 90% marching band...lol), grad school, and one for my new kitty.

I've FINALLY started scrapping my Disney pics. I'm trying to collect pics from as many trips as possible. Unfortunately, I don't have dates for the trips I took with my parents, but Mom's been kind enough to let me make copies of the old pics.

I've vowed to take lots of pics when I go in December because that's something I haven't done previously. I can't wait to start collecting more Disney scrapping stuff! YAY!

It's nice to see that others on Intercot are also scrapping. I get a lot of flak from my friends since it they assume that most people start scrapping when they have kids, etc. I guess that's why my cat, Zoey, has her own. lol
    Favorite trips:
    Citrus Bowl with the Pride of the Southland: 12/2001
    Pop Century: 08/2004
    Pop Century: 12/2006
    Pop Century: 05/2007

º0ºShannonº0º

Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe I forgot to ask my original question... I'm so silly.

I've also made an album that's solely devoted to my sorority pictures (there were too many for my college scrapbook). Since my best friend is also my sister, I used some of the precious few pictures from our 2004 trip in that one. Should I use copies of these or just ignore that trip in my Disney scrapbook? It's going to be my first 9 trips (there aren't many pics from my "daytrips") and I plan to do one just for my upcoming trip.

I'm so afraid to proceed because I don't want to waste my awesome Disney materials!
    Favorite trips:
    Citrus Bowl with the Pride of the Southland: 12/2001
    Pop Century: 08/2004
    Pop Century: 12/2006
    Pop Century: 05/2007

º0ºShannonº0º

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB
    Hi there!

By no means am I a great scrapper, but here's a link to the book that I did of our May 2006 trip.
    Ellen!!! Your album is excellent! I just finished looking through it and you really did a great job - I think you are a much better scrapper than you give yourself credit for! I was very impressed!!

As I said, I only have a few pages done from our last trip, but you can see them here. The last picture is actually my wedding invitation, which is the first thing I ever scrapped - I had never done anything with it, so I bought a scrapbooking frame and made that. As for the other pictures, my cover page isn't there as I had to re-do it. (and the one with the pocket has been fixed since I took the picture as you can see the tape on the vellum.

Ellen, I think you've inspired me to get back to work on it!
    Jen aka conorsmom2000

1977 - Fort Wilderness
    1995, 2005, 2006 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Coronado Springs
    2024 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

I did my photos immediately after my trip. It took me a month to get my album done. I would come home from work and work on it until I went to bed. When it was my day off I would work on it from the time I got up to the time I went to bed. That's the one good thing about being an empty nester, no kids!!! I have to split my album up though because it's too fat. I haven't picked up my scrapbooking since then. My problem is I have too many crafts I do.

When my desktop gets fixed...it blew up last weekend. I'll post some pages to my website. Hopefully I didn't blow the hard drive and it's just the motherboard.
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Note to Ellen and Jen - wow, you guys!! Your pages are great!! Hopefully I can get some of mine up and a link to them by next week... never thought of doing that before, but I'll try it. I'm working the next three nights, but hopefully I can find some time to figure out how to do it. You guys did a GREAT job!
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB
    By no means am I a great scrapper, but here's a link

Oh, I would have to disagree! You are an EXCELLENT scrapper!!! May I print some of those to use as guidelines for scrapping my upcoming trip?

I scrap now (I do ONE book a year, that covers the entire year month by month---a calendar book). But what I do is not creative at all...pretty much 3 pictures on a page with a little writing under them. I hardly embellish and I feel that I don't get enough photos in. I LOVE how you fill a page with the pictures all together (like the MGM parade page). What size do you have to make those to make them fit like that?

I am not trying to be a "copy-cat" but WOW I wish my books looked like yours!

BTW, the picture of Ben with Darth Mall (sp?) is AWESOME!!!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Okay, I may need a little help here... I'm going to try to post a link to some of the Disney pages I've done... computers and I are usually doing this - - so, hopefully this will work!!
    If it doesn't, I'll try again - after I remove the hammer from the top of the computer....

okay - link didn't work... but I posted again on another thread (next page, I believe) that has a working link. (Ihope!!)
    Last edited by Dsnygirl; 10-13-2006 at 05:54 PM. Reason: link not working
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

The link didn't work for me??? Said "Uh Oh, something bad happened" when I tried???

Darn I wanted to get some more ideas!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I love scrapbooking, too. I scrapbooked a lot in high school, I have something like 3-5 books from then. When my fiance and I moved in together I worked on our book for a long day or so... and haven't really done much more with it. So we've been living together for 2 years and I have about 3 pages done... I know, it's really sad. With me though, I really need the space to spread out, and really take the time needed on these projects. I probably won't get back into it until after we move in February, because we are most likely going to move into a two bedroom apartment that we looked at last week, in which case I could have an entire room devoted to scrapbooking... or at least a table. A whole table would be nice, not having to worry about getting the stuff all messed up.

What I like to do with my scrapbooking is put magaizine and newspaper clippings in to embellish it. I like to collect pictures and sayings, I have a whole shoe box full of stuff to use. And double stick tape. I have so many pictures to put in our book, and that's even before I start our Honeymoon book that I'm sure I'll have a ton more pictures to work with, come January. Plus, we might take a super quick trip in November, more pictures there.... I think all of 2007 will be spent scrapbooking if I plan to stay on track, and finish one before getting pictures for another.....

I just love looking at those pages though, they take me so long to do, but I just love them. I use plain cardstock, but I have some WDW scrapbooking stuff I got on my last trip in 2003... that I never used.. So now I have even more to work with Have fun everybody! Great thread by the way!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: