Quantcast The View- will you continue to watch ?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Post The View- will you continue to watch ?

Just curios, I have occasionaly watched the view- & I certainly enjoyed it more w/ Rosie O'Donnel- I found it more provocative...But with the recent "Fight" and her choosing to leave- will this affect Your Viewing the View ?
    Thank You

PS- Please note- feel free to state your likes & dislikes- but try to keep from character bashing, I would hate to have thread removed.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well since I work during the day, I never watched this show regularly (not worth TiVo'ing). I did TiVo episodes here and there if there was someone appearing as a guest on the show that I wanted to see. But what I've seen of it, I never liked. They've had way too many personalities on that show that I didn't like, the list is long! But I'll just say I think Rosie leaving is a good thing and leave it at that. I can't believe some of the things that have come out of her mouth.

Post Thanks / Like

I am a big Rosie O fan - and now get my fix of her on her blog. He new book coming out in the fall, Celebrity Detox, should be very interesting....

I have watched the View since it started, because I am a talk show junkie, and will probably continue to do so - though, I doubt I'll enjoy it as much as I did when Rosie was there.
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

I never did find it very interesting to watch people tell me their view when I am so strong-minded on my own. I'll continue not watching .
    Since I teach, I could only watch on my breaks during the year anyway.
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Can someone give me the link to her blog I cant find it anywhere..
    Me and Goofy r Goofie for each other !!!!!
    first visit 1978,1981,84,88,96,97,99,2000,02(honeymoon),04,09, looking 4 the next trip in 13! o the pain of the wait!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nope. I never watched before this year and have not watched since last Wednesday. It's off from my TiVo regardless of who the guests are. I cannot stand Elisabeth. I love Joy but not enough to tolerate EH.

Quote Originally Posted by goofiecrazy View Post
    Can someone give me the link to her blog I cant find it anywhere..
    Just google 'Rosie' and the site will come right up.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

I only started watching because I enjoy Rosie so much. I have already removed from my DVR recording list. I will miss seeing Joy, but as much as I loved Elisabeth on Survivor, I do not enjoy her on this show.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PolyGirl40 View Post
    Nope. I never watched before this year and have not watched since last Wednesday. It's off from my TiVo regardless of who the guests are. I cannot stand Elisabeth. I love Joy but not enough to tolerate EH.
    I can't stand Elisabeth either. And not because she's got views opposite my own -its the way she talks or screeches...... or the way she appears to be so intolerant of people different than herself. Her bringing up the Donald in that argument was such a low blow.......

Theres an amusing website out there - fire<insert her whole name here> dot com. I think its pretty funny. Its not going to bring Rosie back - but I guess its a way of people venting their annoyance......
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Swan '07
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGiant View Post
    I can't stand Elisabeth either. And not because she's got views opposite my own -its the way she talks or screeches......
    So if Rosie had Elisabeth's voice, you wouldn't be able to stand her either?

I'm not really a fan of Elisabeth either. I think she doesn't often defend her positions clearly, and can be a little whiny... but she has been Rosie's whipping girl since Rosie came on board and it's about high time she fought back instead of whimpering into her corner. Bringing up Donald was a little weird, but on the whole I think Elisabeth was correct. If Rosie wants to make controversial statements, she needs to be able to defend them herself.

I was never a daily watcher of the View but I can't say whether or not I'll tune in until I know who the replacements are. Oh and for everyone that can't stand Elisabeth, don't forget she'll be going on maternity leave anyway.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a post deleted already for saying this,but I will try again.
    Good Riddance,Rosie.
    I have no problem at all with views opposite of mine,as long as the person having them has a clue what they are talking about.This does not apply to Rosie.It seems that her feud with Donald Trump gave her a lust for publicity, so she just started spewing trash out of her mouth to get some more.She is a hateful person and I think that she did Disney a favor by leaving early.
    Frequent WDW visitor since 1976!
    Laughter is timeless.Imagination has no age.And dreams are forever.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbelle75 View Post
    I had a post deleted already for saying this,but I will try again.
    Good Riddance,Rosie.
    I have no problem at all with views opposite of mine,as long as the person having them has a clue what they are talking about.This does not apply to Rosie.It seems that her feud with Donald Trump gave her a lust for publicity, so she just started spewing trash out of her mouth to get some more.She is a hateful person and I think that she did Disney a favor by leaving early.
    Your previous post was deleted because it didn't belong in that thread. You can say whatever you want here, as you are entitled to YOUR view.

Rosie has her own View. She was paid to talk about that View. It seems to me that of all the celebrities, Rosie has the least lustful need for publicity. She stands up for her beliefs, and she cares about things that NO one has the guts to talk about. She gives more money to charity then just about any TV personality and the View has already gone back to its boring un-original prior show.

Let's see if The View gets a Daytime Emmy nomination next year, and since ABC was originally offering her a 6 year contract to renew, it seems they loved the money her presence on the show created.

Believe it or not, I am not a die-hard Rosie fan, it was just nice to have someone on television that wasn't afraid that their standing up for what they believe in was less important than their career.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Didn't watch it before, don't plan to watch in the future.

Watching the hosts, regardless of who they are, sit there and squabble is just not entertainment to me.

I'm sure they don't just sit and squabble all the time, but they do it enough. I just don't find it entertaining or informative.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    So if Rosie had Elisabeth's voice, you wouldn't be able to stand her either?
    Yeah - probably.
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Swan '07
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGiant View Post
    Yeah - probably.
    Haha, alright then, that's fair

She stands up for her beliefs, and she cares about things that NO one has the guts to talk about.
    Hey Michael, I have to disagree with you a little bit here. There are a lot of people out there that say the same things Rosie does. Just looking at the View itself, she tended to get more support on her views from the other hosts than Elisabeth did. Hollywood is full of people who believe Bush is the devil and that the war was all a big scheme etc. She just had a larger platform.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I watched The View sporadically before Rosie came on and I'll probably watch sporadically now that she's gone too--but I did watch it more this past year with Rosie on. I do think she made the show much more interesting.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    Didn't watch it before, don't plan to watch in the future.

Watching the hosts, regardless of who they are, sit there and squabble is just not entertainment to me.

Even if they all had the same political view as mine, I can't handle listening to four women gab.

(My wife has 3 sisters... I have experience. )
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

I never really watched before, but a friend kept trying to convince me. I tried, really I did, but sometimes it just got so far out of control with everyone speaking at once that it drove me nuts. I've still been watching some, and I have to say I enjoy it more now that Rosie is gone, especially when Whoopi's there (and I don't even care for her that much!). It seems like the hosts are still expressing their opinions, but they aren't having to yell over the others to be heard.

And IMHO Rosie was so opinionated and is so passionate about her beliefs that if anyone didn't agree with her, she wasn't going to let them be heard. Sometimes people have to agree to disagree, but I don't think that's possible for her.
    First trip...02/72 Fort Wilderness
    Last trip...2/2016 Boardwalk Inn
    Next trip...2/2017 Boardwalk Inn Princess Half Weekend

"Mama, another gator got in the house"

"Don't make me turn this formation around!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    Rosie has her own View. She was paid to talk about that View. It seems to me that of all the celebrities, Rosie has the least lustful need for publicity. She stands up for her beliefs, and she cares about things that NO one has the guts to talk about. She gives more money to charity then just about any TV personality and the View has already gone back to its boring un-original prior show.
    Exactly my feeling!! I watched The View occasionally before Rosie. I won't watch it anymore.
    "I'm so hungry! I sure hope those Princesses' can cook!" my DD before our breakfast at CRT

Post Thanks / Like

I only ever caught "The View" here and there throughout the years. I absolutely hate Elizabeth and watched because I love Rosie. Rosie brought flare to the show and I'm proud of her for being outspoken and she isn't afraid to voice her oppinion....loudly (like me). I probably will pass it over now that she is gone.
    1988 Family Trip as a kid (offsite)
    1989-Family Trip (First time at MGM)
    2001-Daytrip
    2003-Trip with Friends (First time AK)
    2005-Sept 25-30-POP Century
    2006-Sept 25-Oct 1- All Star Music
    2007-Sept 9-17-All Star Music
    2008-closing of PI only
    2009-May 21-22 Disneyland/DCA

Post Thanks / Like

As a blue blooded die hard LIBERAL I can honestly say that I cant stand Rosie. I met her when she had her own show and she was just a mean person to everyone. I do subscribe to many of her views (equality for all, end the war, etc.) but I hate that she thinks of herself as a spokesperson for the left.

Now as much as I dont like Rosie-multiply that by 100 and you have my feelings on Elizabeth.

Long story short.....................Not gonna watch it either way! LOL

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: