Quantcast How do you get to WDW?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: How do you get to WDW?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Drive Yourself

74 38.54%
  • Fly

133 69.27%
  • Train

4 2.08%
  • Bus

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question How do you get to WDW from home?

How do you guys usaually like to get to WDW from were you live? We always fly being from Minnesota but someday I would love to drive down there.

I made the poll so you can choose more than one answer.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Being from NY, we have no desire to drive. Plus we want to get to WDW as soon as possible, and leave as late as possible.
    Alex

4/1976 - offsite,4/1983 - offsite,5/1999 - CaribBeach,5/2000 - CaribBeach,
    11/2001 - Coronado,7/2003 - AKL, 8/2004 - POFQ, 8/2005 - Poly, 8/2006 - Grand Flo,10/2007 - POFQ, 8/2008 - Wilderness Lodge, 8/2009 - POR, 8/2010 - CaribBeach, 8/2011 - Coronado, 8/2012 -Coronado, 8/2014 - Coronado

Post Thanks / Like

We fly, but we have driven twice. We drove most recently in March and I think that will be our last driving trip for many reasons.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Drove once, back in 1977, with my then boyfriend, now DH of 27 years, in a green Mustang ,with NO AC & NO radio, we've been flying ever since...need I say more?

Post Thanks / Like

We always fly . We are in NJ so we just drive on over to Newark and before we know it we are in Orlando!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

We Always Fly. When I Was A Kid, We Drove. 4 Kids In The Back Seat Of A Gran Prix (1972 Or 1973)

Post Thanks / Like

We usually drive when we head down, but last time we took the train. It was fantastic. We got on the train at 30th street station in Philadelphia, and got off in Kissimmee. The food was great, and the train ride is excellent. I highly reccomend it.
    In need of a Disney World fix really bad.

Dunkie

Post Thanks / Like

I fly to WDW. Montreal is 2000 miles away and taking a bus would take 36 hours! the train cost more than the plane. Looks like I will keep on flying...
    "But you've read it twice!" -The Bookseller

02-1987 Off-Site, 09-2005 Pop Century, 09-2006 Pop Century,
    09 2007 All-Star Sports

Next trip: 09-2006

Yes, I am a Browncoat.

Post Thanks / Like

Oops. I missed the "you can choose more than one" thing until after I voted.

Living in NYC, I actually had to take a bus, then 3 trains, then the airplane, then the shuttle from MCO to get to Disney World last month.

Hmmm....it might be faster to drive myself!
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Well, we are just about as far away as you can get, and still be in the same country , so there is really no other option but fly! It would take our entire vacation and then some, just to drive coast to coast and back again.

Post Thanks / Like

My DW will not fly so we drive from NJ. We leave around 2AM to miss the traffic around DC. We stop over in South Carolina or Georgia in the afternoon. We leave early the next morning and get to WDW around noon. I'll be doing the trip again next September. (Can't wait)

Post Thanks / Like

Living here we have no choice to fly!! I can't wait for the day we move back to the mainland just to be able to buy much cheaper plane tix!! Hopefully that will be Aug 07...I wanna to during the F&W Festival!!
    ~Rhi~

Former Disneyland CM - 1997-1998
    All Star Sports - April 2002
    POFQ Disneymoon - July 2005

Post Thanks / Like

We always drive as I have a sister and a niece that still live in Fl. Also a brother in Savannah. We try to visit with them. And we also like shopping on the way home.

Post Thanks / Like

We usually drive - it's a lot cheaper and I like the freedom of coming and going when I please rather than on an airline schedule. I also can take whatever I want that fits in the car and not have to worry about airport security or lost luggage.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

We have only been once this year and we drove from OH... Yikes, what a drive with a 5 and a 16 yr old. My kids were excellent but the drive is still long. Next year we plan on flying but... I have never flown because I am afraid of planes so we will see. When I checked the airfare and the cost of driving it still was best for us to drive but than again... less time in WDW. I think the choice is what you prefer... Have fun..
    “All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them”

Melissa

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Gotta fly!!

We fly ! Although the cost (in dollars) is higher, we get more vacation time in WDW . The trade off is worth it for us. Besides, after about 4 hours in a car I start to go !
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

We always fly, but I'd love to make a road trip someday.
    Josh

Post Thanks / Like

Default How do you get to WDW?

I voted for fly because the last two times and the future one in 2 days we have flown, but all our other 10 or 11trips we drove we really have good memories of our trips and the kids liked it, but they are all older now so we would rather fly and get there faster,

Post Thanks / Like

I voted Fly - we've driven once and would never do it again!! Not my idea of fun. I'd rather jump on a plane and be there in 3 hours than drive for almost 24! The price is cheaper to drive but it's worth it to fly!!
    05/80 - WDW - Off Site
    04/91 - WDW - Off Site
    10/95 - DL - Off Site Honeymoon
    04/00 - DL - Off Site
    05/01 - DL - Off Site
    12/02 - WDW - All Star Movies
    10/03 - WDW - Coronado Springs
    04/05 - WDW - All Star Movies
    02/07 - WDW - Saratoga Springs - DD 8th BDay

Post Thanks / Like

Our drive from East Tennessee to WDW is pretty easy at around 10 hours. The only bad part is Atlanta.

We did fly one time (on our honeymoon trip). We had a hard time getting back on the plane everything we had bought. In the van we have no problem, plus we save a lot of money on plane tickets.
    Mike

Trips: 1983,1986,1988,1991 - Off-site
    Jan 2001 - WL
    Nov 2004 - WL

Sep 2005 - AKL
    Sep 2007 - Poly
    May 2009 - CBR
    May 2010 - Poly
    Oct 2010 - Pop
    May 2012 - BC
    Next trip May 2014 - BC

Share This Thread On Social Media: