Quantcast Jericho [Merged Threads] - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I don't know ... I'm lovin' this show quite a bit. I think it's got more interesting plotlines than you can shake a stick at!

I'm really curious to find out what the whole thing is about ... who's that black guy?? What's he up to? He seems nefarious at times, but then other times I'm not so sure. Is he an agent of whatever foreign power bombed us?

Inquiring minds wanna know!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Ugh.

I'm loving and hating this show all at the same time. I'll admit to being totally hooked into the plotlines, but at the same time I'm starting to get a little frustrated at the lack of advancement on any of the key stories.

Okay, so last night we found out that Hawkins may or may not be a "spy" from "the government" (which government, we have no idea).

We got a little bit of info on why Jake left town.

And that's about it! They teased us last week with the Homeland Security broadcast, so we thought we might finally get some info about what the heck is going on and then all of a sudden there's an EMP???

How could there be an EMP this time around when there were (apparently) no bombs, but last time they saw the mushroom cloud and yet everything was fine???

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ... What's going on in Jericho??!!??!!??!!
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if any body will have this answer for me or not but, what else has the actress playing the IRS auditor been in? It has been driving DH and I nuts trying to figure out what else we have seen her in. I want to say it was something SciFi-ish. And of course, her bio isn't on CBS's website, so that is no help.

This show has quickly become apart of our must watch showes. Love all the plot lines. Was really glad to see them jump ahead 2 weeks in the timeline.
    Jen
    Mom to Loden and LaneyLouWho

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jen0610
    I don't know if any body will have this answer for me or not but, what else has the actress playing the IRS auditor been in? It has been driving DH and I nuts trying to figure out what else we have seen her in. I want to say it was something SciFi-ish. And of course, her bio isn't on CBS's website, so that is no help.

This show has quickly become apart of our must watch showes. Love all the plot lines. Was really glad to see them jump ahead 2 weeks in the timeline.
    The Actress who plays "Uncle Sam" was in the soap Another World. She played Felicia Galant's daughter. I only know this because my DW reconized her the first episode we watched. I hope this helped Jen.

You nailed it Ian, the show was moving at a good pace and we were starting to find out some things and then just came to a halt with the town picking corn? They had me interested until that point. I hope they give us more next week.
    Paging Mr.Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived.
    Please give them a ring.

Post Thanks / Like

Last night's show brought to mind a question that goes back to the radioactive rain episode. Was anything done to protect the horses at the ranch during the rain? Or did they determine that the rain wasn't significantly radioactive?

For that matter, what effect would radiation have on other creatures exposed to it? Was the prevalence of the corn worms and cockroaches a sign that something more sinister was happening?

I have to say, that I wish this show would focus more on the drama related to the nuclear blast and less on the personal drama of individual lives. Extra-marital affairs, budding romances, family power struggles--they are just distractions from the main storyline to me.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tom Morrow
    I hope this helped Jen.
    THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU!!!!!

What a wonderful thing the internet is. With just that little bit of info, I now know what show it was that we saw her on and it wasn't from Another World. She played in an episode of CSI and seeing as we are CSI freaks, as soon as I saw in listing in her bio, I knew exactly what episode it was.
    Jen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX
    Last night's show brought to mind a question that goes back to the radioactive rain episode. Was anything done to protect the horses at the ranch during the rain? Or did they determine that the rain wasn't significantly radioactive?
    I thought they determined it wasn't radioactive.
    Right after the rain didn't they come out with a geiger counter and check?
    Please give them a ring.

Post Thanks / Like

I am starting to agree with you all..I like the show, I like the characters and actors and I like the subplots....but I think the major plot, what is happening in the world, should be a little more front and center.

Last night they jumped two weeks in the plot TWO WEEKS....and things looked the same.....I mean, really, two weeks went by in a a flash and every thing was the same and the biggest thing to happen is some horse thieves and corn bugs . What ever happened to finding out about others out there?? Checking other towns??

C'mon writers, you can do better than that!!
    Candi, the Pooh fanatic!

4/2010 - Pop Century
    9/2005 - Pop Century
    1/2005 - Pop Century
    1/2004 - Offsite
    1/2001 - Offsite
    9/2000 - Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon
    5/1983 - Offsite
    Disneyland - 1980,1981,1982

Post Thanks / Like

Question

I think you guys summarized what I've been feeling about this show and wasn't able to really put into words ...

There's been a NUCLEAR WAR and yet people are sort of going about their business ... I mean yeah there's some consternation here and there, but for the most part it seems kinda ... well ... mundane!

I suppose they're sort of cut off from the outside world and access to information is limited, but come on!! Someone has to have some way to find out SOMETHING!!

You mean no one in all of Jericho has a ham radio and/or all other ham radio operators on Earth are offline?? I realize now there's been the EMP, but that just happened. Get on a CB radio or something!

FIND OUT WHAT'S GOING ON BECAUSE I WANT TO KNOW!!!

I'm so impatient ...
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX
    I have to say, that I wish this show would focus more on the drama related to the nuclear blast and less on the personal drama of individual lives. Extra-marital affairs, budding romances, family power struggles--they are just distractions from the main storyline to me.
    Beth,
    I have to agree with you. My dh says it is taking on a soap oprea feel. I keep waiting for it to pick back up.
    LORI

Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoy this show and as such I am able to avoid little continuity gaps and leaps in logic. However, as pertains to tonight's episode, the writers need to smarten up unless they really want us to think the townspeople are complete idiots.

First of all, where did they get all that Halloween candy? And, perhaps more importantly, why are they wasting perfectly edible pumpkins to make JACK-O-LANTERNS!?!!?

Good grief.
    Walt Disney World:
    93, PO FQ
    94-95, Caribbean
    96, Off Site
    99, Coronado
    00, Caribbean
    03, Poly & Wilderness Lodge
    04, Pop Cent
    06, Contemp
    07, Beach Club
    07, Pop Cent
    09, Pop Cent
    10, Off Site
    11, PO FQ
    12, Coronado
    13, Off Site
    14, PO FQ
    16, PO RS

Only 1110.89 miles...

Post Thanks / Like

I love the show but tonights episode was bad. If this is the direction the show is headed, I'll be headed out of Jericho pretty soon
    Please give them a ring.

Post Thanks / Like

Other than the obvious, aforementioned Halloween issues (I thought the same thing ... the world has ended and they're having a Halloween Party????), I actually liked last night's episode.

I thought we finally got some clarity on some of the gray areas from the last few weeks ... we know it was a terrorist attack, we understand more about Jake's past, and we know more about Hawkins's past too.

I know it has some obvious plot holes, but I'm still on board. The only thing I said to DW last night is I think they need to trim down the number of storylines they have running and spend more quality time focusing on some of the most interesting ones.

Like for example, I could do without the IRS agent storyline ... it seems kinda extraneous. Also, can I ask when IRS agents got such a hefty pay raise?? This woman is obviously a rich snob, but IRS agents make like 40 grand a year!!
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

This show really needs to pick it up and concentrate on the nuclear attack storyline. Maybe they're trying to develop the characters more, but viewers seem to be dropping like flies. I hope tonight's episode lives up to the premiere.
    DL 1976, 1984, 1989
    WDW 08.2006, 10.2008, 12.2010, 10.2015

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I haven't been following the ratings too much. Are they sinking?

Personally, I can understand that to some degree. I think this show was sort of packaged and sold as one thing but it's turning into something else.

I thought it was going to be more of a drama about the nuclear attack, how people reacted to it, etc. Instead it's almost becoming like Melrose Place set against a post-nuclear holocast background. It's a tad silly, really.

I mean is anyone all that interested in the budding romance between Stan and the IRS lady? Or between Dale and the spoiled rich girl? Even the grumpy broad that owns the store is starting to wear on me.

What we all want to know is what the heck happened, what's being done about it, and how is the town going to move forward from it? Not whether or not Jake and Emily are going to get back together or Eric and his wife are going to divorce. This isn't Days of Our Lives we tuned in for.

I'll ride it out to the end just in the hopes that something happens, but I am losing patience with the storylines. I'd like to see them drop two or three of them and just focus on the more interesting Jake story and the background on Hawkins.
    Last edited by Ian; 11-09-2006 at 11:30 AM.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, now I really want to know what exactly Jake has been doing for the last 5 years!!!! He knows about Merks and their operations within the US???? Also was the FBI ID and shield the truth or just another cover story Hawkins????

or for this episode Ian??

I suprised DH that I knew it was just a flash'bang before they said it. I guess if you sit through enough military/cop shows with DH, you absorb info weither you want to or not.
    Jen

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I'd definitely give this one a !

First off, they did what I asked and concentrated only on the two most interesting storylines going (Jake and Hawkins). We didn't see hide nor hair of Cornboy and IRS Woman or Dale and his little girlfriend, which was good.

The other thing was this epi had some action and advanced some plotlines. We learned that Jake has been working as a merc in Iraq for the past five years. And we also learned what Hawkins' deal is (at least it appears that way).

I'm not 100% sold he's actually FBI, though. I think there may be some more plot twists with his character coming ...

Based on what I've seen from next week's previews, I think we're going to get some more info on what's going on.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just a little off topic....

If anyone has seen the Volvo commercial where the dad is teaching his daughter to drive, is the girl in the commercial the same one who plays Hawkins daughter? I say it is, DH says it isn't. If I get this one right, I get a spa day. Last week I called it correct that Goetz (the Merk) is played by DB Sweeney. DH said it wasn't.

I really need a spa day, so pleeeeaaassse tell me I'm correct!!!!!
    Jen

Post Thanks / Like

According to IMDB, yes ... it's her.

The actresses name is Jazz Raycole.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

This series is the definition of inconsistent. Just when last week's episode got my hopes up, this one was pretty weak.

There's just too much focus on storylines that have nothing to do with the fact that the majority of the U.S. has been nuked.

Frankly, I don't care about Eric's affair or Emily's missed marriage ...
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: