Quantcast The Disney Dreams Giveaway / We won a Dream / Dream Squad Details - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Figment! - Do you think it can really work? The random time and place is ok because a computer will probably pick that, but I'm sure it's not a random place either. It's a random selection from a list of places. The time will probably also be from a computer but they will have to skew it to give away some prizes ealier, but again, that would be ok.

I see the big problem when they have to give away one prize and two or more people are at the same place. I think that will happen. Then who do you select if you're the squad? How bad are you going to feel if you are the one not selected but are there at the time and place? I just don't see this happening randomly. Especially if a crowd thinks they see the Squad and start to trail them, even if it's just a short distance from behind the scenes. Then, they may select locations close to "behind the scenes" entrances/exits and that will skew the randomness as well. I just think they are setting themselves up for trouble when they could have easily used the turnstiles (or a kiosk) to be really random.
    Steve "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey"
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default We won Dream Fastpasses today

Ok, I was a huge pessimist about the Dream Squad idea and I still think it won't really work, but... we won Dream Fast Passes today! Six of us!!! The Dream Squad wears special white vests and are very easy to pick out. At least with the easy prizes, they are doing a good job. They give them out to people already in line. That solves the problem of being swamped in public. We were the second batch of riders on Alladin's Magic Carpet. I noticed a team of three special vested "Year of a Million Dreams" vested CM's coming towad the line... I thought, "Sweet!!!" Sure enough, about 100 of the next people on the line got Dream Fast Passes. They are good only on the day you win and only for one ride per FP attraction, so it's not like you can keep going on one ride over and over. So, it's really like winning 9 FP's... And a lanyard... It's a priceless souvenier especially since it is dated 10/01/06... Good luck everybody and get in lines! I don't think they'll do much in public areas.

Steve "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey"
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations!!
    many, many trips as a child
    WDW 2000 - offsite
    WDW 2001 - offsite
    WDW 2006 - Pop Century
    WDW 2007 - Poly Concierge / OKW
    October 2007- Became DVC Members!!
    February 2008 - Saratoga Springs
    May 2008 - Boardwak Villas
    August 2008 - Beach Club / Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, how neat! Thanks for sharing.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat
    I really don't think the Dream Squad will be an obvious group of CM's. It could be 1 or 2 CM's, not a big group. They will probably just dress as regular CM's as to not rouse suspicion. The whole idea would be ruined if the dream squad was recognizable...
    Don't know if this has already been posted or not, but the "dream team" wears khaki pants and blue button up shirts (this is what they were wearing while getting ready for the celebration). They each carry "year of a million dreams" bags--they're black. They were out last week at all the parks, and were usually found in groups of 2 or more. 1 of the :dream team" members fell in love with my DS; I'm sure once the promotion started she would've granted him a dream. One of the "team" members at AK told a guest that they were just "watching the grass grow" this week.

25 magical trips and counting...
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    1986 Tampa
    Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    December 2013 Contemporary
    Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Dec 2013 Boardwalk
    PROUD member of the Disney ParksMoms Panel!

*these postings are my own and do not reflect Disney's postions/opinions*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleveSJM
    How bad are you going to feel if you are the one not selected but are there at the time and place?
    My attitude would be "Well, that's life!". Hey, it's not like anyone is taking anything away from me if a prize is awarded to my neighbor! I'm still at WDW (my favorite place in the whole wide world), with my husband and kids (my favorite people in the whole wide world!!)

Just rejoice in another's good fortune; it's all part of the Disney Magic!

Good luck, everyone!
    Kathy
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes...."

CBR '03 POFQ '05 SSR '05 POFQ, Marathon Weekend '06 OKW 06 Swan, Marathon Wekend '07

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure VP's and supervisors have thought out how to handle a good number a situations(mobs, people begging or getting upset, randomizing).

It seems by ClevesJM's experience that it was quite random that he was standing there and got the passes. Even if the squad had decided at 10am they would goto Aladdin and give out 100 FP's, they couldn't forsee who was in line.

I'm sure there might be an abuse here and there, but that's human and not a direct reflection on Disney's intentions. Looks like it's off to a good controlled start though.
    May your lines be short; the magic be plenty; and may you always remember to gather your belongings before exiting your vacation.

And many others ongoing....
    Poly/AKL Dec '09
    CSR: Dec '02
    WL: Dec '01
    WL: Oct '00
    BW: Oct '99
    Offsite(blech): '93

Post Thanks / Like

Lets here from more WINNERS!!

I love this,
    posted by finiamh

May your lines be short; the magic be plenty; and may you always remember to gather your belongings before exiting the vehicle.
    May 82 Offsite
    April 89 Honeymoon
    June 95 DD 1st Trip
    Dec 00 DS 1st Trip
    April 04 Coronado Springs
    May 05 Pop
    June 05 PO Riverside
    Oct 05 POR
    Dec 05 FW Cabin
    Feb 06 Caribbean Beach
    May 06 POR
    July 06 Bonnet Creek
    Jan 07 BonCk
    Dec 07 ASM/AK Lodge
    Nov 08 ASM
    Feb 09 FW
    Dec 09
    April 10 FW

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm a Dream Squad Member

I know I haven't posted in quite a while, but I felt I had better lay a lot to rest concerning these Dream Squad discussions.

I am on the Inaugural Dream Squad team.

The Dream Squad has 2 main functions. These are as follows.

Dream Greeter
    Prize Fulfillment

We perform these in the following costume.
    Tan pants and blue button down shirts. We wear a white vest when we are in Prize Fulfillment mode.

Dream Greeter
    Most of our time is spent in this role. We are assigned areas where we walk around talking to guests and cast making sure they are having a good time and attempt to settle or make better any guest or cast issues.

Prize Fulfillment
    We perform this role once a twice a week and are scheduled for the whole day. This is the area that most of the discussions are about.
    We have no choice in what, when or where we do this. In order to keep this sweepstakes legal, we have an outside agency supplying this information to us. We can't open the envelope containing this information until just before the prize is to be distributed. We then go to the location, await the exact time (with syncronized time pieces) and award the prize as stated.

When we prize fulfill we only know what the Low Tier Bulk prizes are. These are the Dream Fast Passes, Dream Ears, Dream Lanyards and such. The Mid Level and High Level prizes are not even known to us until we take the potential winner back to Guest Relations.

In order to keep things fair and legal, the prize fulfillment portion is even kept secret among ourselves. When we are in this mode, we dont tell each other or even our leadership where we are going, when we are going or what we are giving.

All 4 parks, water parks and even Downtown Disney are included as prize fulfilling areas. I cannot give the actual areas that we deliver the prizes, but I can say that all guest areas are potential places for awarding within the above areas.

I hope this answers any questions. If not, please respond and my wife (Tiggermania) will pass questions on to me. I will do my best to return from time to time to answer those that I can. Just remember that there will be some that I cannot answer due to the confidential nature of awarding prizes.

Tony
    (aka - freetime)
    Tony
    ---------------------------------------------

I'm a married spud... I'm a married spud...

DisneyNut2005 Guest

I'm very happy for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much for the explanation, and good luck in your giveaways.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

Good things to know. What a great job. I bet you'll have a wonderful time

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

congrats to those who won!
    thanks for sharing info all
    wish i could go during this time...but it will b a while till im back
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

I have a question, will they really be picking winners from those that mail in postcards? I would like to mail one in but only if they are really going to give some away this way.
    Poly 2004-2009 LVC
    WL Villas May 2007
    DC Wonder 2010/Poly GVC
    DC Dream 2011/Poly LVC
    Poly LVC 2012
    Contemporary Dec. 2012
    July 2013 Poly GVC
    Poly GVC 2014
    Poly Club April 2015
    AKL Royal Asante Suite 2015
    October Poly Club 2015
    Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf Club April 2016
    Poly Club Dec 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Catzle
    I have a question, will they really be picking winners from those that mail in postcards? I would like to mail one in but only if they are really going to give some away this way.
    Short Answer: Yes, but chances are not as good as those present "on-property"

Long Answer: See the official rules linked above.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

This sounds so wonderful...I can't wait til our trip at the end of December. I was telling my husband and kids (DD7, DS6) about the million dreams a few nights ago and they were all equally excited.
    I love to hear about the winners! What a time!
    BCV June 2009
    Swan Mar 2009
    OKW Sept 2008
    BCV July 2007
    BCV Dec 2006
    AKL Jan 2006
    ASM Oct 2005
    BCV Oct 2005
    BCV May 2005
    BCV Dec 2004 (our first trip)

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I should wear a blue shirt, white vest and tan pants when I go to DL in 3 months and watch what happens .

Anyway, I think the best prize I can see any of us hoping to get is the one night in Cinderella Castle or Mickey's Penthouse thing. Simply for the fact that one of those is awarded EVERY DAY in both FL and CA. It's not like the DVC thing where it's 3 for the year nationwide (probably 2 and WDW and 1 at DL). Yes the odds are still not good, but just remember, someone amongst you is spending the night in the castle. For the record, if I could pick any prize I'd want the World tour grand marshall thing. I'd love to see Tokyo Disneyland.

I'm actually thinking we will win those dream fast passes when we are at DL in January, simply cause, there won't be long lines, LOL!
    1988- Off site
    1989- Off site
    1990- WDW Hilton & Swan
    1997- Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans Riverside)
    2005- Shades of Green
    June 2006- Pop Century
    Jan 2007- Disneyland- Disneyland Hotel
    Jan 2010- Disneyland- Double Tree Orange
    Oct 2010- Disneyland- Off site
    Sept 2011- All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

I say Good Luck to us all..It would be really neat...
    º0º Kelli º0º

01/19/2007-Pop Century
    12/14/2008-All Star Movies
    06/27/2009-All Star Sports
    05/08/2010-All-Star Movies
    06/17/2011-All Star Movies
    07/09/2014-All Star Movies - Anniversary
    06/06/2019-Art of Animation - Son's Graduation Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ToDisney
    Lets here from more WINNERS!!

I love this,
    posted by finiamh

Glad you like it!

And thanks for the info Freetime, I didn't think Disney would leave a chance for scandal with such a big to do.
    May your lines be short; the magic be plenty; and may you always remember to gather your belongings before exiting your vacation.

And many others ongoing....
    Poly/AKL Dec '09
    CSR: Dec '02
    WL: Dec '01
    WL: Oct '00
    BW: Oct '99
    Offsite(blech): '93

Post Thanks / Like

We were at MK on Sunday and I saw the tail end of the fast passes being handed out by the Jungle cruise. One family had only 1 member get one, a cast member went and got more for the whole party.

I also saw one of the CM's that are the greeter part of the teams, walking around, giving out stickers to all the little kids and talking with them. I sat back and observed him for a while and saw they were setting something up by Thundermountain.

A few minutes later, some cast members came through the crowd ringing a cow bell and have 4 little boys that ended up "panning for gold" They took gold mickey's (looked like the confetti from barber shop, but were all gold colored), covered them in sand, then added water and had the boys pick out the gold mickey's to put into black velvet pouches.

So, they are doing more than just the listed prizes.

Also, i a CM showed me the pins that are being given out with the lanyards. each person gets 2, one for themselves and one for a friend/or trade.
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: