Quantcast Falling Stars- when Celebrities crash to earth

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Which star has fallen the most, and crashed to earth

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ben Affleck

2 2.30%
  • The Dixie Chicks

4 4.60%
  • Tom Cruise

40 45.98%
  • Mel Gibson

12 13.79%
  • Lindsay Lohan

3 3.45%
  • Britney Spears

26 29.89%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Falling Stars- when Celebrities crash to earth

I was actually working on this for about a week, before recent events happened. It seems so often that movie, music, and TV stars who are at the top of their career do something to damage their own career. Michael Jackson is probably the best example of this, but I chose to focus on some others, to see who people think have hurt their own career the most.

Ben Affleck Oscar winning actor was doing very well, and quite popular until he starting dating Jennifer Lopez. Between the bad movie Gigli, and the whole Bennifer engagement, his star isn't quite as bright.

The Dixie Chicks made up of Emily Robison, Martie Maguire, and Natalie Maines were a huge country and pop musical group. In a concert in England Maines bashed the president, which hurt the group badly. Some radio stations stopped playing their music. This past June, Robison commenting on other country music videos said ... "I don't understand the necessity for patriotism. ... I don't see why people care about patriotism." Considering most country music fans are strong patriots, it didn't seem like the best moves for either.

Britney Spears was probably one of the biggest female music pop stars in the world, and a former member of the Mickey Mouse Club. Between some risque photo shoots, concerts that parents gabbed their kids out of because of Britney's behavior, a 55 hour marriage to an old friend in Vegas. Her marriage to Kevin Federline and their seemingly bad care of their baby, including driving her car, with her baby on her lap. Britney's popularity has dropped to an all time low.

Tom Cruise, the biggest movie star in the world is loved around the world. Cruise is often in the top of People Magazines favorites and Forbes top 100 celebrities. When he started dating Katie Holmes and doing what most stars never do, seeking out the press to say how in love he was... his popularity definitely took a hit. Probably the camel that broke the furniture's back so to speak, was his jumping on Oprah's couch, talking about his love for Katie ... then buying a ultrasound machine to monitor their baby. Often now when Cruise' name is mentioned, it is in some kind of joke.

Lindsay Lohan is an up and coming young star, having appeared in several Disney films, including The Parent Trap, Freaky Friday, and Herbie: Fully Loaded. She appeared to be becoming one of the top young female stars. With 3 car accidents last year, admitting to drug use in a magazine, and getting a reputation as a party girl, people seem to be starting to look at her differently. Just last week, while working on a movie, she was taken to a hospital for what she called dehydration. Though even the head of the movie studio believed her absence from the set was due to all night heavy partying, and wrote her a letter threatening action for her bogus excuse.

Now just recently Mel Gibson, who is also probably one of the biggest movie stars in the world. Known recently as a successful director too, was arrested for drunk driving. While that was bad enough, Gibson made hateful comments during his arrest that he has now apologized for.

The question is ... of these 6 stars, who has fallen the most, and has come crashing back to earth.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Tom Cruise.....he has made a fool of himself time and time again. I give he and Katie until December before a breakup
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

A tough one....Tom or Mel.........Tom or Mel
    Candi, the Pooh fanatic!

4/2010 - Pop Century
    9/2005 - Pop Century
    1/2005 - Pop Century
    1/2004 - Offsite
    1/2001 - Offsite
    9/2000 - Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon
    5/1983 - Offsite
    Disneyland - 1980,1981,1982

Howell, MI (Detroit) - 1176 miles from the Wilderness Lodge
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bethanymouse
    Tom Cruise.....he has made a fool of himself time and time again. I give he and Katie until December before a breakup
    I thought they already broke up?! I chose Spears, I don't think you could fall any farther than that. She's looking pretty bad lately. As for Mel Gibson, I don't think a DUI charge is really going to hurt his career. I don't think we would have even heard about it had he not directed that movie about Jesus a couple years ago. With all the stuff going on in our own country and the Middle East, I think it's pretty pathetic that his DUI arrest continues to make evening news.
    Up Next:
    1/2016 - VGC - Disneyland

1996 - Off Site
    1998 - Off Site
    1999 - FW Cabins
    2000 - ASM
    2000 - FW Cabins
    2001 - ASM
    2002 - Wilderness Lodge & Fairy Tale Wedding
    2004 - ASMu
    2006 - VWL
    2007 - CSR
    2008 - SSR
    2009 - VWL
    2011 - POR & BWV
    2013 - AKL - Kidani
    2015 - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofster
    ... I think it's pretty pathetic that his DUI arrest continues to make evening news.
    I don't think it's the DUI, Goofster, I think it was the anti-Semetic remarks that Mr. Gibson made during his arrest that are keeping this story in the news. While making Passion of the Christ there were allegations of anti-Semitism, but most people did not believe them. Now, with these remarks, those allegations seem to have some truth to them. That is what is keeping this story going.

As for the celebrities...I simply can't pick just one.
    Meg
    DVC Owner at AKV and BCV
    Upcoming Trips
    6/11--AKV & BCV with Kim & Gary
    8/11--Alaska on the Disney Wonder
    6/12--AKV with Jess, BCV just the two of us
    6/14--AKV & BCV just the two of us

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bethanymouse
    Everything about their relationship has seemed strange from the start. Seems like a lot of people don't see Tom the same. Who knows how long it was last ... the couples that seem like they would be together a long time break up also.
    Chris °O°

Post Thanks / Like

Bump
    Chris °O°

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to vote for Pee Wee Herman
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    30+visits to WDW
    Port Orleans-RS and FQ
    Caribbean Beach
    Coronado Springs
    Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Beach Club
    Contemporary
    Polynesian
    Pop Century

If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Cruise the whole with Katie thing seems so lame!

(although Brit was a thought there too)
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

I voted for Mel.

Lost all credibility. And is now considered a "hater."

Tommy is just weird - but not "Michael Jackson" weird.

I love the Chicks - they are brave heroes to me.

Lindsay Lohan or Britney Spears - not worth my time of day.

Ben is on his way back. Just needs some decent roles. I also agree with his politics so he'll always be ok in my book.
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

I voted for Tom Cruise because I think he will have the hardest time recovering what he has lost.

Britney and Lindsay aren't really on the radar of anyone much over 30. They may know the names from seeing the tabloids at the supermarket, but very few people could name a Britney song or a LiLo movie. They are marginally talented little girls who aren't making the transition to grown-up very gracefully. They are on the way down, never to return.

Right now the tabloids are having a blast with TomKatKitten. But one really has to wonder why the baby hasn't been seen in public. I've never heard that this is any Scientology belief that babies should be sequestered for a certain length of time.

It is troubling to me that (again, according to the tabloids) Katie's family has not yet seen the baby, who is now 4 months old. This is a classic tactic of a controlling abuser--deny the woman contact with "outsiders." Many abused women are cut off from their family and friends so they come to think that the life they are living is normal.

IMHO, it is just cruel to deny grandparents contact and access to a grandchild.

Whatever is happening in that household is a little sinister and scary.
    My son is a Henry. I never had a Willie or a Sam.

amyn2610 Guest

I couldn't pick just one either.

I used to adore Tom Cruise-he was plastered all over my bedroom walls during the Top Gun era, and I have several of his movies on DVD. I luckily didn't see the episode of Oprah, but it was his remarks regarding PPD and the use of anti-depressants that made me immediately lose all respect for the schmuck and vow to never watch another of his movies. I feel very sorry for Katie and Suri-however she is a grown woman and has made her bed...she now has to lie in it.

Britney never had an ounce of talent in her at all-she surely is no comparison to Christina Aguilera who also got started on the MMC. Does she really think K-Fed loves her, or will she one day realize what all of us have known all along-that he's with her for her MONEY???!! Then to create another innocent baby into the mess of a marriage they have....it's mind-boggling.

As for the other choices, I'm not big fans of any of them. None of us are perfect & we all make mistakes-I just can't fathom how these celebrities do the things they do.

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to say Brittney Spears. Since day one, I had the feeling that Ms. Spears was all gloss and no talent. Unlike all the others on the list, she's the one who looked the more fake.

There's also another thing that hit me on the nerves; she dropped the ball in a way. Since her second wedding, she litteraly let herself go to her new "Trash" lifestyle. If I knew that I got fans around the world and paparrazis trying to get my picture, I would do my best to look great 24-7. She mostly forget that.

As fat as Tom Cruise goes, Hollywood will support his anthics until he will stop making hits at the box office.
    "But you've read it twice!" -The Bookseller

02-1987 Off-Site, 09-2005 Pop Century, 09-2006 Pop Century,
    09 2007 All-Star Sports

Next trip: 09-2006

Yes, I am a Browncoat.

Post Thanks / Like

I voted for Tom. I have never really liked him but I think after his breakup with Nicole Kidman things have been going down hill for him and the whole Katie thing seems like on big publicity stunt - with an unfortunate little victim.
    I love the Dixie Chicks for their music and applaud their courage in saying what they believed in whether it was popular or not.
    Britney and Lyndsay - young and dumb. They will grow up one day and then we might see what they are worth.
    Ben - some really dumb career moves in front of the camera but some good movies from vehind the scenes.
    Mel - well.....he will recover. He is not really a leading man anymore and does more behind the scenes.
    Wife of Wooly ºoº
    2001 (July)- Polynesian Resort
    2003 (Jan) - All Star Movies
    2003 (Aug) - All Star Sports
    2004 (Oct) - Polynesian
    2005 (Aug) - All Star Sports
    2006 (Oct) - Polyneisan
    2007 (Aug) - Yatrch Club/Polynesian
    2009- a nice long one I hope:)

Post Thanks / Like

Id say Cruise..but Britney has been hurt as has Mel.
    i think the lower returns for MI3 show this.
    not that any of them are hurting for $$$
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Well I think Brit slipped a few more notches with that awful performance by the "KFED" at the Teen Choice awards. (though she looked nicer than she did in the Matt Laurer interview).

Man she's going to owe her label big time for that mess!
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

I voted for Gibson..

I always liked the guy and his movies, but since the incident I have watched "What Women Want" again with my girlfriend, and I didn't like him in it anymore

I hated passion of the christ and now this incident really confirmed it..I hate Gibson
    DLP:
    Dec. 1992 - May 1994 - Dec. 1997
    October 1999 - October 2003 - June 2004
    July 2006 - October 2006 - October 2007
    Going November 2008

WDW:
    Dec. 2003- Dec. 2005- November/Dec. 2006
    Dec./January 2007
    Going June 2008

DLR:
    Dec. 2006 - Dec. 2007
    Going July 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by QTPie68
    Tom or Mel
    That made me laugh - very good use of smilies!

That was a really tough choice - as for all of them, they are on the cusp of damaging their careers for good, if they haven't already. I also voted for Brit as I think she'll have a hard time making a comeback after the past two years.
    Jen aka conorsmom2000

1977 - Fort Wilderness
    1995, 2005, 2006 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Coronado Springs
    2024 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Can I ask a serious question here?

Are people really this interested in the lives of celebrities? I always marvel at the headlines I see on allegedly "respectable" news outlets, like CNN and even the AP ...

Brittany Bleches on Video!

Brittany Trips While Carrying Baby!

Tomkat Buy Private Ultrasound Machine!
    and I think to myself ... WHO CARES?????

I really do wonder if people actually are interested in this stuff or if the media just assumes we are (since in many cases, they consider themselves as celebrities and must have a tough time believing no one is interested in THEM!).

Based on this thread I'd have to say it seems like at least some people have interest, but I gotta say I can't for the life of me understand why.

By and large these people are totally useless social misfits.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWacky
    Can I ask a serious question here?

Are people really this interested in the lives of celebrities? I always marvel at the headlines I see on allegedly "respectable" news outlets, like CNN and even the AP ...
    I have to admit I love celebrity gossip. I guess part of me cares because I can't believe so many worthless people make so much money... And you're right to the degree that I only "care" about these people because they are constantly thrown in my face. I also agree that major news outlets should NOT be wasting their time on these stories. It was a disgrace when the Mel Gibson story was taking precedence over the bombings in the middle east on every station and in every newspaper. I love watching these train wrecks, but I don't spend a dime on the rags (I do all my gossip reading for free on line ) and I wish real news wouldn't waste their time.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: