Quantcast Tropical Storms Bonnie and Charley - Page 13

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I am so glad to hear everyone is okay.
    Karen

--------------------------------

Stressed is desserts spelled backwards.

Question everything!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Stitch 626, sorry to hear about your family losing their homes.

Thanks for all the updates everyone. I was more then worried last night when I saw the news, I'm so glad to see everyone checking in today.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

How was the park attendance today? I'm just curious to find out how many people were out and about.

Post Thanks / Like

I am so relieved that most everyone is OK and my prayers go out for those whom have lost there homes.I was able to keep in touch with what was happening because of this web site and all of my fellow Intercote's Bless all you CM's who put in such a whole hearted effort to get WDW open for the most part for guest. Without devoted people like yourself there would be no WDW and I only hope management appricates all your efforts. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    Hugpug

Have stayed at FW,ASM,POP,WL,CS,POR,POFQ,CB,POLY,Grovesnor,Offsit e over the years past. LOVED THEM ALL

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the pixie dust everyone!
    Originally posted by Dreamin' of Disney
    Digger~ glad to see that you are okay, I was so worried all night about you and SallyP. Has anyone heard from her? I know and her and DH had boarded up and were buckling down yesterday afternoon, but I haven't seen any posts from her since. I sincerely pray that all is well. How hard hit was Venice? We are supposed to be in Siesta Key in 6 weeks, should we look for other arrangements, possibly in the Disney area instead?
    Venice survived with minimal problems. We were without power for 26 hours so I couldn't get back on Intercot. DH was in withdrawal with out Weather Channel. My mother had her little safe room set up and she faired well and I just looked out the window to watch the rain come at us horizontally and the wind toss bits around. Palm trees were designed to withstand hurricane winds. Unbelievable bend-ability [img]graemlins/laughing.gif[/img] We lossed all our freezer food but that's a small price to pay. Our DD and DSIL live in North Port and they were much closer to the eye wall. They are in a new home built to new codes and had hurricane shutters so they faired fine even with 100mph sustained winds. They are 10 miles from the total destruction area. The most frustrating part is not being able to contact them after the storm. They are here at our home now since they still don't have power and need a good nights sleep in air conditioned comfort. DD is dreading work on Monday - Bank manager at Sun Trust in Port Charlotte. She knows she's going to hear many heart breaking stories. She'll need to be strong and give support.
    Thanks everyone for your kind concern for FL residents. Ooblah dee , Ooblah dah, Life goes on [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Come on down Dreamin', Siesta Key didn't have any major or minor damage - didn't even lose power.

[ August 15, 2004, 08:19 AM: Message edited by: SallyP ]

After reading a lot of overheated puffery about your new cook, you know what I'm craving? A little perspective. That's it. I'd like some fresh, clear, well seasoned perspective. Can you suggest a good wine to go with that?

Post Thanks / Like

kudos to all the CMs who worked so hard to keep things going. glad everyone is ok.
    havent heard from my asst mgr who is vacationing there or the ex employee who is living in Kissimee (she just moved there to teach). wondering what my asst did during the storm.

Long Island, New York- studying in DC at GWU
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I am so glad to hear that everyone is okay! The storm just got to New York last night and it was just a bit of rain and nothing more. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    (I wanted a name change. You can now find me as: ImagiAsh) ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Sally glad to hear you and your family are ok. I had worried as you had not been on intercot since the hurricane passed through, but had hoped that it was due to power failure. It must have been a crazy/scarey sight seeing the palm trees bend over. My thoughts and prayers are with the people in the worst affected areas and with your daughter upon her return to work, it will be an emotional and stressful time.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know how Christmas Florida made out? I have some friends there that I haven't heard from.

Post Thanks / Like

Just checking in with y'all. I live about 40 miles east of Ft. Myers. We had some pretty heavy winds here (80-100 mph) but it was a glancing blow, thank goodness. We only lost power for about 2 hours on Friday. A few trees down and lots of branches but no major structural damage. We are feeling very lucky as it was expected to pass directly over us but when it edged up to Sanibel Island it turned towards Port Charlotte. The pics on the news are devastating. DH is a deputy here in Hendry Cty and spent yesterday in Charlotte as part of a mutual aid team. He said it looked like the area had been bombed. Many heartbreaking stories. They're estimating the power won't be back for four weeks. No school facilities, no hospitals. It is such a tragedy and I am so grateful that we survived as we did. My prayers and lots of pixie dust are sent to those who have suffered such extreme losses.

Post Thanks / Like

Great pictures of the (thank goodness) minimal storm damage to WDW at this Intercot site;

http://www.intercot.com/boards/ultim...84.html#000000

Post Thanks / Like

SallyP, I'm so relieved to hear from you!! I was so very worried, and when we hadn't heard for so long, I was just praying that you and your family were okay.

We've got friends in Englewood (or friends parents rather) and they said they didn't have any big issues, so I was hoping all was well.

Again, SO relieved to hear from you. Hope the clean up goes well.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad to hear that everyone is o.k. I also send my prayers to those who the storm hit hard. We live in Walterboro, S.C. about 50 miles from Charleston, S.C. We faired well, just a little rain, hardly anything. My heart goes out to those who were in the path of the storm. Thank you to everyone that kept us up to date and a big thank you to all the great CM's that kept us in the loop about our fav. spot. Prayers continuing for all of you that are dealing with the aftermast of this storm.
    Been there, done that, going back!

Post Thanks / Like

Main Street Jim, Glad to hear you are safe. Thank you for helping with all the clean up. We left to go home to Gainesville on Friday the 13th. We thought we would be heading home and waiting for the storm to come through Gainesville. It never came. We were very fortunate. We were thinking of staying at Disney and, therefore, be away from the storm. It is so strange how things can change in a moment when you are dealing with Mother Nature. Again, we thank you for helping at Disney. Take care of yourself.

[ August 15, 2004, 03:07 PM: Message edited by: JoDisney ]

Post Thanks / Like

I'm back, with a full 120 volts of power!

Power was restored last night about 9 pm. I had JUST fallen asleep (nothing better to do!) when all of a sudden lights came on all over the house, TV was blaring... I jumped about 3 feet ! [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img]

I have to admit that I'm amazed that we got power back in less than 25 hours from the time it went out. I'm not used to that. In my old home town up north, it wasn't uncommon to wait 3 or 4 days for somebody to change one fuse up on the pole. [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]

Still pretty depressing driving around town and seeing the utter destruction in some areas. I have a lot to be thankful for, that's for sure.

Airport is slowly returning to something that resembles normal. All four of the "airside" buildings had major roof damage, causing cascades of water inside the buildings that still continues today. Southwest is down to only 5 gates instead of their normal 9; the others are closed due to water damage and a badly damaged (that's spelled d-e-s-t-r-o-y-e-d) jetway at gate 125. Flight schedules returned to almost normal today, although there were delays this morning due to bad weather (the remnants of Charley) causing cancellation of many incoming flights, most notably from Atlanta, Charlotte, Richmond, Baltimore, Philly and Pittsburg.

ADDED:Forgot to mention my all-time # 1 favorite thing about hurricanes - - Charley seems to have blown away 99.7 percent of the political campaign signs hereabouts!! [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] Hooray for Charley ! [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img]

[ August 15, 2004, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: TiggTigg5 ]
    ________
    XV750
    Last edited by Ed; 01-18-2011 at 08:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you have power back on Ed! [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img]
    Nana to Brad, Alex, Dustin and Connor

Post Thanks / Like

I am so glad to hear that our Florida INTERCOtees are all OK! I had been thinking of you all!
    Heather

YC-7/99,00,8/07
    BC-8/01
    Poly-8/02,03,7/05

POR-12/03,9/11
    WL-7/04
    POFQ-12/04,8/06
    Pop-10/05,5/07,12/08,8/09,1/11,3/13
    CBR-11/07,09,10/11,5/12
    ASMo-1/09
    ASSp-1/10,8/12

Offsite-8/08,5/09
    ASMu-8/10,11/10
    CSR-8/10
    AoA-12/12, 9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Glad to hear that you have power again Ed. I got a good chuckle about the campaign signs, we need a hurricane up here too. [img]graemlins/laughing.gif[/img]
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how the Xanadu house weathered the hurricane? Maybe it really is the house of the future. [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by Altair:
    I wonder how the Xanadu house weathered the hurricane? Maybe it really is the house of the future. [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    Haha.... that thing could weather the Apocalypse ! [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]

Last I heard, it was for sale; interested ?
    ________
    CMX450C
    Last edited by Ed; 01-18-2011 at 08:08 PM.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: