Quantcast Sandals or Running Shoes - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

In the summer I wear either my Born or Clark sandals.

Kathy

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've done both, but prefer my Teva's. They are great! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

[ February 15, 2005, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: Melanears ]
    Melanie aka Melanears șOș

Post Thanks / Like

Sneakers in cold months but Tevas the rest of the time. My Tevas have the support and comfort I need for walking, very comfortable and dry quickly after rain or water rides. I also have a pair of Nike's version of Tevas and I always take them for a change of style.
    Nancy

DL - May 6-9, 2012
    DL - July 19-23, 2012
    CBR - Sept. 1-9, 2012
    Pop & Disney Dream - Sept. 29-Oct. 11, 2012
    Pop & Disney Dream - Dec. 8-17, 2012

Feb. 3-5, 2013 - AoA Cars - Anniversary
    Feb. 5-9, 2013 - The Poly - Anniversary
    Feb. 23-Mar. 1 - 2013 - Disney Magic - DH's 60th BDay

Post Thanks / Like

Keds (many many keds [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] )

with the very odd normally regretted pair of distincly unpractical sandal thrown in for dinner or such.

Unless the sandals you mean are substantial (treads with good support, straps not meant to impress but work etc) stick with sneakers.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

I have never worn sandals until this year. What a change. I wore a really good pair of walking Sandals made by Mia. I love to wear sandals but I really need the good support from a running shoe.

I noticed that Land's End has a new "sandal/tennis shoe" It has a running shoe base and a mesh top that laces, very stylish looking in numerous colors. It looks very comfy and I think it only ran about $30. I may have to give that a try.
    Cyndi
    aka Maia and Lindsay's Mom

Up next: Caribbean Beach, December 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I wore my tennis shoes with ankle socks for most of the time I was there in the parks, but wore sandals to the pool and gift shops and cafeterias of the resorts I've stayed at. It feels good to switch out shoe styles and helps having two shoes that fit slightly differently so the same parts of your foot aren't always being pressed upon. That helped when I worked on my feet all day and it works at Disney too!
    • Disney Honeymoon in October 2006 - Polynesian and Port Orleans French Quarter
    • MNSSHP and Universal in October 2005 - Comfort Inn International
    • First WDW Vacation in October 2003 - AS Music and Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I took both my Teva sandals and comfy tennis shoes this past fall but only wore the sandals into the parks. Since they are waterproof, I did not have to worry about developing blisters from squishy, wet shoes. Of course, I consider my Teva's more comfortable than any other shoes I own!
    Squeaky Mouse

Too Many Trips to List (PAP holders)

Upcoming:
    Spring Break -- POP
    May -- AKL ???

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by Dawnya:
    I always wear sandals. I buy them early and then I spend a LOT of time breaking them in and getting them ready for all the walking I will be doing. It helps if you buy more expensive sandals with a soft cushiony feel to the bottom of your feet. I usually know if they are going to work for WDW after the first 2 wks. If they are still hurting/bothering my feet, I try to find another pair ASAP.
    Me too! I ALWAYS wear well-broken in sandals and I have never, ever had a problem...nor did I regret it. I always also bring my sneakers but rarely wear them. I just prefer to have sandals on my feet in warm weather. Yes, we do a tremendous amount of walking, so make sure that they are a pair of well worn in sandals. Good luck!
    ~Mo

March 1985 / Off Site
    August 1985 / Off Site
    March 1998 / Poly
    March 2000 / Poly
    April 2002 / Off Site
    Feb 2003 / POR
    July 2004 / POR & WL
    Feb 2007 / POR
    July 2010 / ASMu!

Post Thanks / Like

I went for two weeks in August, and wore flip flops the whole time. My feet never hurt once. I always wear flip flops, I prefer them over most other kinds of shoes. The ones I broght with me were very well worn in, and I didn't have any issues with them. I think it just depends on how comfy your feet are. DH has really expensive sandals, but prefers his sneakers.

We're heading back in 8 days, and I will be bringing the flip flops again, and a pair of sneakers since I am not sure about the weather.

One plus about sandals is they dry out faster than sneakers.

Post Thanks / Like

I am sooo glad that you mentioned flip flops. I was just trying on clothes to see what I was going to pack for our upcoming trip ( 3.5 weeks to go), and I was wondering if any one else wore flip flops. I love 'em. They are very comfortable for me. DH can't stand anything between his toes. Too bad, though, I'm for sure wearing mine now! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Charyl Lee

Next Trip: November 14th 7 day Western Caribbean Cruise and 11 days at WDW!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by DizneyRox:
    Of course I'm going to go against the grain here, but...

During the summer, there's no substitute for sandlas. I wear Teva sandals and have never had a problem with comfort or support. The summer months bring many problems including downpours and heat. Sandals solve both. Nothing like walking around in smelly sneaks after a rainstorm, but with the Teva sandals, they are dry in minutes and ready for the rest of the day. Sneakers can take days to dry.

During the cooler months though, sneakers. They do offer a little more comfort and even warmth if need be.
    I made the mistake of wearing Teva sandals one day, and I thought my feet were going to fall off. Oh, the pain.....

I recommend taking two pair of sneakers for walking the parks. I always prop up my wet sneakers by the window. They are usually dry by the next morning. I've also been known to trot down to the laudromat and tumble them suckers for a bit. Noisy, but it gets the job done.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Sandels for me. I have a bad toe issue and wearing any kind of sneakers are out of the question. I can hardly find any kind of winter shoe to wear. But I do take at least 3 different pair of sandels with me to WDW. If one gets uncomfortable I will change to another pair.
    Sheree
    WDW Trips:
    Countless trips between (12/96) through (3/07)
    (Disneyland) To many times to count!
    (7/2005) Disneyland's 50th Anniversary Celebration
    (6/07) MOVED FROM FRESNO, CA TO
    APOPKA, FL - 30 MINUTES FROM WDW!

Post Thanks / Like

I wear my Teva's when it is steamy hot and I know I will be riding a lot of wet rides.(at USO and IOA, everything seems to have water involved!)But, I bring my running shoes for the cooler months and,well, to run!!!
    1975, 1984,1988 and 1989- daytrips
    1991-HoJo Fountain Park
    1996-Dixie Landings
    1997-Residence Inn, LBV
    1999-CBR
    2001-WL
    2003-GF
    2004-Poly concierge
    2005- CSR
    2006-POR for EE prieview in Jan.
    2006-YC
    2006-Field trip to Animal Kingdom
    2006-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

[img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img] Whatever is comfortable and won't give me blisters.
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I do both sandals and shoes. I always wear my broken in sneakers to the parks, because you will be doing a lot of walking through out the day. But I always pack my sandals in the bookbag in case of any water attractions where my feet may get wet. There is nothing worse than getting blisters from walking around in wet shoes and socks after getting soaked on Splash.

Aloha!
    Summer 1999 - All-Star Sports
    Walt Disney World College Program Spring 2001
    Disney/MGM Studios Backlot Tour Cast Member
    June 2002 - All-Star Sports
    May 2003 - Caribbean Beach
    Jan 2004 - Pop Century
    October 2005 - Beach Club
    December 2006 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Ideally, I would wear sneakers and slip a pair of lightweight, good quality sandals in my backpack. YOu an chande for water rides, or just switch shoes when your feet start to hurt. Its so lovely to peel off a pair of socks after a long day, and slip on some sandals for the walk back to the hotel.
    I'm finally going back! Next trip: July 16-22, 2006!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: