Quantcast Sandals or Running Shoes

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just wondering how many people have worn good quality sandals vs running shoes in WDW? I just think that they would be a lot cooler than running shoes. I will be bringing both but just curious!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I always wear running shoes, but I'm not a sandals kind of guy. Most running shoes are very light weight and breathable. I also wear ankle socks because they are a little bit cooler, and prevent funky tan lines.
    I Am That Hero!

I'm a Ramblin Wreck from Georgia Tech...

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Hit it.

Post Thanks / Like

sneakers always

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Walking shoes with inserts, never sandals.
    Dan

1993-Fort Wilderness Cabins
    1995-Contemporary
    1998-Contemporary
    2002-All Star Sports
    2003-Boardwalk Villas
    2005-Polynesian
    2006-Contemporary

Post Thanks / Like

Sneaker!! As comfortable as I am in my sandals,they dont have nearly the same support as sneakers do.
    (1976-1980) Contemporary<br />(1981) Polynesian<br />(1984) Polynesian<br />(1986) offsite<br />(1991) Offsite<br />(1993) Offsite<br />(1995) Offsite<br />(1996) Contemporary<br />(1997) Disneyland Offsite<br />(2000-2002) Offsite<br />(2004) Port Orleans<br />(2005) ?

Post Thanks / Like

If I am just walking around the resort I like to wear my pretty sandals, but for a day in the parks I always wear my most comfortable sneakers.

[ February 15, 2005, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: minnie-mouse ]
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

Post Thanks / Like

No walking in sandles! Wear broken-in running shoes, because you will be walking 5-10 miles in a day at the parks.
    Paging Mr.Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived.
    Please give them a ring.

Post Thanks / Like

I swear by Birkenstocks and always wear them to the parks. They give me the support I need for a long day and also help to keep my feet cool.

Post Thanks / Like

I do the same as minnie-mouse, pretty sandals around the resort and maybe out to a nice dinner but it is sneaks all the way for the parks!!
    [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    Lisa [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    ~Lisa aka Tinkermom

DVC Member since 05/01

Most Recent Trips:
    12/28/12-1/4/13 OKW to watch our son and his HS marching band on Main Street on NYE!
    7/13/12-7/17/12 Vero Beach & 7/17/12-7/23/12 WLVs

Next up: 5/28-6/12 Vero Beach (Beach Cottage!)/Fort Myers/Treehouse Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Mostly my walking sneakers, but I brought Teva sandals last time and wore those for shorter, less walking days. They have support and they were cooler on the feet. It was a refreshing change.

Post Thanks / Like

Sneakers for the parks for me!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Of course I'm going to go against the grain here, but...

During the summer, there's no substitute for sandlas. I wear Teva sandals and have never had a problem with comfort or support. The summer months bring many problems including downpours and heat. Sandals solve both. Nothing like walking around in smelly sneaks after a rainstorm, but with the Teva sandals, they are dry in minutes and ready for the rest of the day. Sneakers can take days to dry.

During the cooler months though, sneakers. They do offer a little more comfort and even warmth if need be.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I always wore tennis shoes until I ran out of socks and had to wear sandals until I could buy socks. What a refreshing change! I wore sandals the rest of the week!(This was in June) Now I bring both since I discovered the Nike G series tennis shoes by Cole Haan. They are so comfortable!!
    March 1973 Contemporary<br />April 1980 Contemporary <br />June 1989 Royal Plaza <br />March 2002 Contemporary<br />Dec. 2002 Contemporary<br />June 2003 Contemporary<br />Dec. 2003 BCV<br />April 2004 Beach Club/BCV<br />June 2004 Grand Floridian<br />Aug. 2004 Hilton Head<br />Oct. 2004 Grand Floridian<br />March 2005 Grand Floridian <br />June 2005 Grand Floridian<br />July 2005 Hilton Head<br />Dec. 2005 Grand Floridian<br />Sept. 2005 Poly LV Concierge<br />Dec. 2005 Grand Floridian RPC

Post Thanks / Like

I always wear sandals. I buy them early and then I spend a LOT of time breaking them in and getting them ready for all the walking I will be doing. It helps if you buy more expensive sandals with a soft cushiony feel to the bottom of your feet. I usually know if they are going to work for WDW after the first 2 wks. If they are still hurting/bothering my feet, I try to find another pair ASAP.
    2007/2008-Pop Century
    2005-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004-Port Orleans Riverside
    2003-Port Orleans Riverside
    2002-Contemporary Resort
    2001-All-Stars Movies
    2000-All-Stars Music
    1998-All-Stars Sports
    1997-Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Sneaks for me, but if you're used to wearing sandals a lot (I'm not) you can probably wear them. Some people swear by them. I can't imagine wearing them all day, but that's me.
    Tam
    12/03-offsite 6/04-offsite
    11/04-FW Campground
    6/05-offsite
    12/05 Magical Gathering!-House rental
    6/06-offsite 10/06-offsite
    1/08-First trip with baby!!
    Universal-11/08 HRH. Added MVMCP and a day at Epcot for my Disney fix!
    1/2010, 11/10-offsite

6/16-Booked at POP

Post Thanks / Like

A few years ago, I bought a pair of Nike sandals (like Teva ones) at DTD's Sports store, and they're the greatest.
    They feel like a running shoe, and my feet have never hurt after a day at Disney.

I bought a second pair there as well, and now those have worn out, too. I need to get new ones before the next trip because I REALLY can't live without them.
    Next trip - New Years 2018!

Post Thanks / Like

Sandals all the time. I hate sneakers, and only wear them if I really have to, like one time at WDW when I walked barefoot in the grass near the Poly and got a couple weird, and very sore, bumps on the bottom of my feet. I had to wear sneakers the next day to keep the pain away.

I have a lot of sandals, and I also break them in before the trip. My sandals also must have some sort of heel to them. I can't stand flats. My most comfy pair is a pair of Cobby Cuddlers that I bought at Kmart. The footbed is very cushy, and the heel is about 1.5", so they are perfect for me around the parks. I usually wear a 1.5" to 2.5" during the day. At night I like to wear 3"-4" heels.

I'm a shoe fanatic, and I usually pack anywhere from 10-15 pairs of shoes for a 10 day WDW trip. I have daytime sandals, evening sandals, and one pair of "last resort" sneakers.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

I wear sandals in the summer, simply because the last time I wore my Nike tennis shoes to WDW in June, they got completely ruined during an afternoon downpour. [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]
    ~ valerie ~

* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Contemporary * Polynesian * Wilderness Lodge * Tree House Villas * Golf Resort/Disney Inn * Fort Wilderness * Port Orleans Riverside/French Quarter * Caribbean Beach * Swan * All Star Sports Music Movies * Coronado Springs * Pop Century *

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I bought Teva's they were great especially on the wet rides you don't have to worry about your feet getting wet and staying wet in sneaks.
    Poly 2004-2009 LVC
    WL Villas May 2007
    DC Wonder 2010/Poly GVC
    DC Dream 2011/Poly LVC
    Poly LVC 2012
    Contemporary Dec. 2012
    July 2013 Poly GVC
    Poly GVC 2014
    Poly Club April 2015
    AKL Royal Asante Suite 2015
    October Poly Club 2015
    Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf Club April 2016
    Poly Club Dec 2016

Post Thanks / Like

I wore sneakers until last year. When we went in 2003 it rained alot and I ended up with blisters.(that was the first time I had blisters)
    After checking this site I purchased Tevas for last years trip. They were great and I am not a sandals person. I will be takinig them with me in April and if it is warm enough I will be wearing them again.
    Also I bought them a couple of months before I went to get the feel of them.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: