Quantcast Disney Visa Reward Points

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question

How soon should you request your points to be redeemed in order to use them on your Dinsey vacation?

Can you use them on a DCL?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

To get your points you need to request a rewards card (it looks like a credit card). You can do this by calling Disney Visa or you can do it on-line. It takes a few weeks to get the card and the card is good for one year. You must use your points on the card before they expire.

To get the card you must transfer at least 20 points. To transfer points after the initial time you just call and ask or you can do this on-line as well. You don't need to get a new card everytime you want to transfer points.

Since the card takes a few weeks to get my advice would be to make sure you allow enough time to get it before your trip. When the card is about to expire you can always request a new one.

Gusgus

Edit: Ooops forgot about your DCL question. Yes you can, this is from Disney Visa:
    Reward DollarsSM may be redeemed for most Disney merchandise, park tickets, hotel nights, food and more at Disneyland® and Walt Disney World® Resorts - including theme parks, and Disney Cruise Line®, Disney Store, Disney catalog and DisneyStore.com. Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM can even be used in combination with special offers and discounts.

[ March 20, 2005, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: Gusgus ]

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by Gusgus:
    the card is good for one year
    The card will expire at the end of the year following the year you get the card. For example, cards requested in 2005 (whether it is requested in March, June or December), will expire at the end of December of 2006.
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by Gusgus:
    To get your points you need to request a rewards card (it looks like a credit card). You can do this by calling Disney Visa or you can do it on-line. It takes a few weeks to get the card
    I requested my card at the beginning of March and I received it around the 10th

Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered mine today. They assure delivery within 7 business days from the date you order. If you pay rush shipping ($10), you will have it within 3 days. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

We ordered ours online and had it within 7 days. That included a weekend. It does look like a credit card and you keep it and just keep transfering your points when needed.

Post Thanks / Like

Just adding - be careful once you have the card to look at the expiration date to make sure the card is still good.
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

We ordered our card a couple of months before our trip (in December, 2004). When we were ready to leave, we just transferred any additional dollars that had accumulated to the existing card. This only required one phone call and a few minutes!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone. I truly appreciate all the replies. I knew what it looked like and how to use it I was just curious how long it would take to arrive once I received it.

Faline thanks alot for your advice. I honestly had not thought about ordering it and have more points transferred. Although I knew you could do this it just never occurred to me to actually do it.

Thanks again to all of you!! [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by faline:
    We ordered our card a couple of months before our trip (in December, 2004). When we were ready to leave, we just transferred any additional dollars that had accumulated to the existing card. This only required one phone call and a few minutes!
    Thank you so much for mentioning this! I want to get as many points as possible on the card before my trip, while still leaving enough time for delivery. This seems like the perfect way to "max out" the points.

WDW:
    1991 (offsite)
    2001 (POR)
    2005 (POFQ)
    2006 (1 day trip to Epcot)
    2010 (POFQ)
    2014 (offsite DTD/Epcot)
    2014 (Holiday trip - Beach Club)
    DL:
    1990 (offsite)
    2003 (Paradise Pier)
    2007 (Grand Californian)